FOR FLIPS SAKE, WE'VE SIGNED VERTONGHEN!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Apparently we may or may not have signed Vertonghen

article-0-006762E000000258-93_468x299.jpg

:harryfacepalm:

The thing is , we can not get overexcited anyway. He might need time to adapt to the EPL , as do loads of other players.

For strikers it's often easier , if they get the goals they are considered to be good transfers by many (regardless of their movement and quality of play)

For me he is better than Vermaelen on the ball and a bit less off the ball

what about christian erikson as a choice instead of hazard? could getting vertonheng maybe help broker a deal along those lines too?

He confirmed what he said on his interview on several Belgian Media , he wants to come and says Ajax and Spurs just need to come a little closer to eachother concerning the asking price and its a done deal. He does not want to start a riot with his club but gave a clear message , he wants to join and get it over with asap.

But hey , football players are lying sob's so who knows :saha:

durbanspur said:
what about christian erikson as a choice instead of hazard? c
Hazard can play on the wing, Erikson can't. So if you bring in Erikson, what do you do with VDV?

Belgian Spur said:
just need to come a little closer to eachother concerning the asking price and its a done deal.
So we can expect this one to be completing on deadline day then? :levystare:

Smoked Salmon said:
durbanspur said:
Hazard can play on the wing, Erikson can't. So if you bring in Erikson, what do you do with VDV?
how many goals did erikson score this season? i havent watched him at all but my dutch neighbour said he would be a decent buy, and that he had a good season.

durbanspur said:
Smoked Salmon said:
durbanspur said:
how many goals did erikson score this season? i havent watched him at all but my dutch neighbour said he would be a decent buy, and that he had a good season.
headdesk.jpg

durbanspur said:
Smoked Salmon said:
durbanspur said:
That isn't an answer to the question that I asked you.

"Decent buy" is irrelevant if a player doesn't fit into the side.

durbanspur said:
i was under the impression he was a good winger.
So basically you don't have a clue with he's like and are recommending signings based purely on "what a mate told me".

Is this more sarcasm? :sandro:

:harryfacepalm:

so buying Belgium's 3.rd choice centre half? going AWOL against Stoke per chance? Centre half - you just need a beast= otherwise you have to wait for them to develop abd get used to the play- muxh like Kaboom has done-

I would imagine JUve will splash the cash now- so perhaps Modric can disappear there with us getting Krasic in return plus a bit of dollar to go and get Sahin from Madrid with cheeky wink re Bale for them- Modric light with the peacock complex well and truly binned after sitting on the bench for a year

Then just the striker............

blingblingwideface said:
so buying Belgium's 3.rd choice centre half? going AWOL against Stoke per chance? Centre half - you just need a beast= otherwise you have to wait for them to develop abd get used to the play- muxh like Kaboom has done-

I would imagine JUve will splash the cash now- so perhaps Modric can disappear there with us getting Krasic in return plus a bit of dollar to go and get Sahin from Madrid with cheeky wink re Bale for them- Modric light with the peacock complex well and truly binned after sitting on the bench for a year

Belgium's 3th choice center half ... If one and two are Kompany and Vermaelen , being third isnt that bad is it ?

Belgian Spur said:
blingblingwideface said:

Belgium's 3th choice center half ... If one and two are Kompany and Vermaelen , being third isnt that bad is it ?

There is the problem, we are looking at players who arent as good as Woolwich and Man City's.

Of course, its easy to say that when we know we cant afford the wages they pay but it still annoys me.

Dru said:
Belgian Spur said:
blingblingwideface said:

There is the problem, we are looking at players who arent as good as Woolwich and Man City's.

Of course, its easy to say that when we know we cant afford the wages they pay but it still annoys me.

I'd say Vertonghen is as good if not better than Vermaelen, and yes I have watched him.

Apparently we may or may not have signed Vertonghen

I'm surprised everyone wants him. Look at the way he's touting himself, flaunting it in the media, disrespecting the club that employs him. Mercenary, in it for his self. Don't like his kind round here do we. :harryblow: :baletroll:

blingblingwideface said:

Sahin is too weak to get into the Madrid according to Mourinho so he might struggle in the Premier League

Back
Top Bottom