Fixture Changes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Without knowing if they will be in the Champions League semis? I thought this announcement would come in next week after the quarters were complete.

If that's the case, it will be Wednesday, May 17th. I thought they would try and do it on Tuesday, May 9th assuming Leicester falls out of the CL after this round, but if they are announcing today I don't think there is another spot on the calendar.

Without knowing if they will be in the Champions League semis? I thought this announcement would come in next week after the quarters were complete.

If that's the case, it will be Wednesday, May 17th. I thought they would try and do it on Tuesday, May 9th assuming Leicester falls out of the CL after this round, but if they are announcing today I don't think there is another spot on the calendar.

Indeed. Quoting some messages from another thread...
Our match away at Leicester will almost certainly be rescheduled for midweek between Man U and Hull
Only definitely if they get to the CL semis. Otherwise I think Sky would try and schedule it to be played before Chelsea's reschedule game so that we can close the gap.
UEFA don't allow domestic league matches to clash with CL matchdays unless there's absolutely no alternative possible - leaving only that midweek as a viable option
Yes but, as I said, only if they get to the semi finals. If they don't, it could be played in early May.
I think what alexwooty means is that, even if they're not in the CL, they still don't like to clash domestic fixtures of any league with CL games (even if the CL game is for example Barca vs Real Madrid). Which should mean the Leicester game is just towards the end of the season, between Man Utd and Hull.

Edit: Reason for this, I guess, is TV money (of course).
Yup, that's what I meant. Uefa like to have a monopoly of TV viewing for their precious competitions. So it can't be played in early May, well not on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday anyway...

It'd have to be Wednesday the 17th, given that Man U may well get to the Europa semis (Thu 4th and Thu 11th May), making our Man U match Sun 14th May. Only question is kick-off times I guess.

Indeed. Quoting some messages from another thread...

It'd have to be Wednesday the 17th, given that Man U may well get to the Europa semis (Thu 4th and Thu 11th May), making our Man U match Sun 14th May. Only question is kick-off times I guess.
Didn't know that about the CL games with domestic fixtures. Fuck that noise - Tuesday, May 9th, especially with the WHU game on the Friday, would have been ideal IMO.

We have a 9 day gap between West Ham and United, ideal time you would have thought to play Leicester. No, They squeeze it between United and Hull on a fucking Thursday!.......3 games in 7days in what could be a title run in!!! Fuck Off!!

We have a 9 day gap between West Ham and United, ideal time you would have thought to play Leicester. No, They squeeze it between United and Hull on a fucking Thursday!.......3 games in 7days in what could be a title run in!!! Fuck Off!!

The Premier League isn't allowed to schedule matches on top of UEFA matchdays unless there's no viable alternative, hence why we can't use that 9 day gap.

The crucial games that will decide if we we've got a chance are the next 3 games. After that, the only game we can realistically look to Chelsea dropping points is WBA away, and that moving to Friday night is a positive. Once a Pulis side gets to 40 points the only games they turn up for are the ones where there's a chance to shaft one of the big boys. And Pulis will make sure WBA put everything into that game.

The crucial games that will decide if we we've got a chance are the next 3 games. After that, the only game we can realistically look to Chelsea dropping points is WBA away, and that moving to Friday night is a positive. Once a Pulis side gets to 40 points the only games they turn up for are the ones where there's a chance to shaft one of the big boys. And Pulis will make sure WBA put everything into that game.
Not really mate.
2017-03-14-09_20_59-28232280.indd_.jpg

All of our fixtures except the last one on sky.
Wed April 26 Palace v Spurs (replaces Woolwich v Leicester) 8pm
What is that all about. Replacing Woolwich's match with ours. Is it due to CL for Leicester or because we are a more attractive alternative.

Who said Sky do not like us.

Not really mate.
2017-03-14-09_20_59-28232280.indd_.jpg

Doesn't that prove my point? They get to 40 points and then stop trying, and, as we found out last year, only turn up against the big teams for TV games. Their game against Woolwich also proved it. They put everything into that but barely showed up in their next couple of games.

Doesn't that prove my point? They get to 40 points and then stop trying, and, as we found out last year, only turn up against the big teams for TV games. Their game against Woolwich also proved it. They put everything into that but barely showed up in their next couple of games.
No, it shows without any shadow of any doubt they are utterly shit once they have reached 40 points.

Back
Top Bottom