First trip to the new stadium tomorrow

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some prices - £100+/- per person, per match day 'experience'

Margherita pizza £8.95 or half (£4.95)

Harissa lamb pizza £8.95 or half (£4.95)

Fish and chips £8.95

Battered tofu and chips £7.95

Pickled onion £1

Pickled gherkin £1

Chicken tikka and naan £7.95

Chicken curry £8.95

Malaysian Rendang £7.95

Piri piri wings with fries £6.95

Southern Fried Chicken with fries £6.95

Halloumi burger £5.50 with fries £6.95

1/4 rotisserie chicken with fries and slaw £8.95

Buttermilk chicken burger £5.50 with fries £6.95

N17 club burger with brisket £7.50

N17 burger £5.50

N17 cheeseburger £6.50

Dirty fries with cheese and salsa £4.95

Jackfruit sandwich £5.50

Chef's Tottenham Pie £3.50

Veggie Pie £3.50

Chicken balti pie £4.50

Pint of Neck Oil £5 half £2.50

Pint of Gamma Ray £5.50 half £2.75

Can of Lupuloid £5

Can of 8 Ball £5

Can of Smog Rocket £5

Can of Black Betty £5.50

Pint of Heineken £4.50

Pint of Amstel £4

Bottle of Guinness £5

Heineken Zero £3

Bottle of Old Mout cider £5

Bottle of skinny lager £4

Bottle of Bulmers £5

Wine £5

Hot drinks £2

Soft drinks £2.50

Bottle of water £2

Sausage roll £3.50

Crisps £1.50

Chocolate grab bags £3.50

prices correct as of march 2019

Some prices - £100+/- per person, per match day 'experience'

Margherita pizza £8.95 or half (£4.95)

Harissa lamb pizza £8.95 or half (£4.95)

Fish and chips £8.95

Battered tofu and chips £7.95

Pickled onion £1

Pickled gherkin £1

Chicken tikka and naan £7.95

Chicken curry £8.95

Malaysian Rendang £7.95

Piri piri wings with fries £6.95

Southern Fried Chicken with fries £6.95

Halloumi burger £5.50 with fries £6.95

1/4 rotisserie chicken with fries and slaw £8.95

Buttermilk chicken burger £5.50 with fries £6.95

N17 club burger with brisket £7.50

N17 burger £5.50

N17 cheeseburger £6.50

Dirty fries with cheese and salsa £4.95

Jackfruit sandwich £5.50

Chef's Tottenham Pie £3.50

Veggie Pie £3.50

Chicken balti pie £4.50

Pint of Neck Oil £5 half £2.50

Pint of Gamma Ray £5.50 half £2.75

Can of Lupuloid £5

Can of 8 Ball £5

Can of Smog Rocket £5

Can of Black Betty £5.50

Pint of Heineken £4.50

Pint of Amstel £4

Bottle of Guinness £5

Heineken Zero £3

Bottle of Old Mout cider £5

Bottle of skinny lager £4

Bottle of Bulmers £5

Wine £5

Hot drinks £2

Soft drinks £2.50

Bottle of water £2

Sausage roll £3.50

Crisps £1.50

Chocolate grab bags £3.50

prices correct as of march 2019
Bloody hell you’ve got some appetite.

:tanguythumb:

Hello everyone
I hope I'm in the right place of this forum and apologize straight away for my bad English!

Me and 12 friends from my football club in Switzerland will fly to London at the end of December and watch the game on December 31st. against Bournemouth live in the stadium.
I have been a big Spurs fan for 20 years and have followed every game since then.

Unfortunately there are people in our team who have no idea about football and therefore support teams like Woolwich, Mancheseter City or United - so as you can see there are people there who simply have no idea about football or, in my opinion, are simply fashion fans.

But anyway, back to my question: Do you have any tips for me for our 4 day stay in London? None of us have ever been to the English capital and perhaps your tips will help me convert one or two of them and bring them to their senses. The aim is for at least 2 of the 3 Woolwich sympathizers to leave the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium wearing a bright white Spurs shirt.

Thanks for every tip and for tonight: COYS against Crystall
London is white!

Hello everyone
I hope I'm in the right place of this forum and apologize straight away for my bad English!

Me and 12 friends from my football club in Switzerland will fly to London at the end of December and watch the game on December 31st. against Bournemouth live in the stadium.
I have been a big Spurs fan for 20 years and have followed every game since then.

Unfortunately there are people in our team who have no idea about football and therefore support teams like Woolwich, Mancheseter City or United - so as you can see there are people there who simply have no idea about football or, in my opinion, are simply fashion fans.

But anyway, back to my question: Do you have any tips for me for our 4 day stay in London? None of us have ever been to the English capital and perhaps your tips will help me convert one or two of them and bring them to their senses. The aim is for at least 2 of the 3 Woolwich sympathizers to leave the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium wearing a bright white Spurs shirt.

London is white!
Are you all men or couples and what sort of ages are you? Where are you staying in London and what sort of things do you enjoy? For example, if you like history, there's lots to see.
Two things you should do as a Spurs supporter - that is the Stadium Tour and the Skywalk, check the website for details.

Are you all men or couples and what sort of ages are you? Where are you staying in London and what sort of things do you enjoy? For example, if you like history, there's lots to see.
Two things you should do as a Spurs supporter - that is the Stadium Tour and the Skywalk, check the website for details.
We are all men between the ages of 20 and 39.
We like beer, football and just want to have a great time together.
Our hotel is likely to be the Premier Inn Lonton Tottenham Hale. We are thinking of going to the World Darts Championship but we really don't know anything about London.
Thanks for your help

Hello everyone

London is white!
I've always found that a loaded gun to the forehead does wonders for converting the "heathens." Just follow the old Jesuit mantra, 'convert or die.'

Failing that, just get them into the stadium to watch us play. Angeball is like Football Crack...

One taste and you're hooked for life!

I've always found that a loaded gun to the forehead does wonders for converting the "heathens." Just follow the old Jesuit mantra, 'convert or die.'

Failing that, just get them into the stadium to watch us play. Angeball is like Football Crack...

One taste and you're hooked for life!
What could be nicer than starting the new year purified!
Conversion in process...

Hello everyone

London is white!
To get the best out of London Tottenham Hale is not your best bet to stay. You will spend a lot of time traveling to visit places as Tottenham apart from the stadium does not have much to do . I would think you want to be walking distance to a lot of decent bars and restaurants in the evening , or at least not travelling back to Tottenham Hale .

To get the best out of London Tottenham Hale is not your best bet to stay. You will spend a lot of time traveling to visit places as Tottenham apart from the stadium does not have much to do . I would think you want to be walking distance to a lot of decent bars and restaurants in the evening , or at least not travelling back to Tottenham Hale .
Thank you for the info.
Do you have any suggestions? Which hotel or location would be better?

Thank you for the info.
I’ll probably get lynched for saying it (as it’s Gooner territory), but I’d consider Angel/Highbury & Islington.

There’s lots and lots of bars and restaurants in the evening and you’re well placed to get to both Spurs and central London.

You could also consider staying in the city near Liverpool Street. Depending what days you’re here, you can get good rates at the weekend as most hotels are business focused… so maybe they ramp down over New Year? You’d have to check. But that way you can get the train straight to White Hart Lane and you have loads of good areas to go from there… Spittlefields Market, Brick Lane, Shoreditch etc.

In terms of things to do, agree with Mrs P. The Stadium Tour and Skywalk are brilliant.

Then New Years Eve I’d just plan to be near the river and watch the fireworks near London Eye.

If you can make the darts it will be VERY funny. English at their best/worst.

Hello everyone

London is white!
Welcome Sulis!

Right, I am retired, so I've had time to think about this...

I think your idea of staying at the Premier Inn Tottenham Hale is quite a good one. It's easy to get into Central London on the underground and quite easy for the Stadium, but maybe not so easy to get to the darts.

You might like to think about staying at the Premier Inn Archway. From this hotel you can do the following:
1. DARTS. Take a Red London Bus (#134 or #43) from Archway to Alexandra Palace, to see an afternoon session of The Darts. About 25 mins journey (15 mins on the bus and a couple of mins walking at each end).
2. TOURISM. Use Archway underground station to get into Central London easily (7 stops on the Northern Line, no changing trains).
3. SHITHOLE. Walk to the Emirates Stadium (arsen'l), so your friends can see what a shithole it is, compared to the Tottenham Stadium.
4. SPURS. For the Tottenham Stadium, take the London Overground train from Upper Holloway station to South Tottenham (4 stops), then catch a bus up to the Stadium, or walk with the fans, if it is the day of the match.

COYS!

Last edited:
Thank you for the info.
Shoreditch is easy for getting to Tottenham and has lots of pubs , bars and clubs . It’s not too far from , Clerkenwell , Smithfield Market and even Angel Islington . It is also close to the City of London which is the financial district .

I live in Islington and am a bit biased but I like its vibe , apart from the gooners residing there .

Premier Inn at Euston or St Pancras are good, both easy to travel to Tottenham and Central London. Bars and restaurants within walking distance too

Ah...but sulis sulis said they like beer. So if they stay in Tottenham Hale, they'll have Pressure Drop and Beavertown breweries on their doorstep. ORA and Redemption are just down the road as well.

No need to venture south at all.

Ah...but sulis sulis said they like beer. So if they stay in Tottenham Hale, they'll have Pressure Drop and Beavertown breweries on their doorstep. ORA and Redemption are just down the road as well.

No need to venture south at all.
Yeah im sure he wants a bit more nightlife than just bearded men in breweries

Like bearded women in the Olde Axe (RIP)

sulis sulis - think the guys have given you the best advice for your age group /interests, I would have suggested the Tower of London ;)
If you get to the game, a group of us meet up in the Stadium at The Shelf Bar, opposite gate 122, come and say hello.

There’s a very friendly place called The Griffin near Clerkenwell if you stay in the Liverpool Street area.

Very lovely views to be had if that’s your thing.

Or maybe you are looking more for a Blue Oyster bar type place?? Sure some on here could make recommendations.

There’s also escape rooms in that area and one particular fellow on here knows of places where you need to wrestle your way out of “interesting” positions. Which I guess is like an escape room???

You can’t help but love London for whats on offer.

Hello everyone

London is white!

For fuck sake, whatever you do, don’t book a hotel in Tottenham.

Back
Top Bottom