First trip to the new stadium tomorrow

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A quick question for all ;

I'm staying in Hammersmith, so what would be the best way to get to the stadium using public transport....barring strikes obviously.

I'm staying in Hammersmith, so what would be the best way to get to the stadium using public transport....barring strikes obviously.
My thoughts - Looks like Underground from Hammersmith to Victoria, then more Underground up to Seven Sisters and walk the rest? That's what I'd do, but I don't know the route personally. If you're loaded, get a cab.

When I travel from Wiltshire for a match , I park in Hammersmith . I take the Piccadilly line tube to Finsbury Park then change to Victoria line to Tottenham Hale . Don’t know if it’s the best but I find it ok . Hope this helps . Have a good day

Least amount of fucking about is Circle or Hammermith & City line from Hammersmith to Liverpool Street and then overground to WHL.
Good idea - then on the return journey you can be pissed off and depressed on the WHL platform with everyone else :)

Seriously - looks like the best route.

My thoughts - Looks like Underground from Hammersmith to Victoria, then more Underground up to Seven Sisters and walk the rest? That's what I'd do, but I don't know the route personally. If you're loaded, get a cab.

When I travel from Wiltshire for a match , I park in Hammersmith . I take the Piccadilly line tube to Finsbury Park then change to Victoria line to Tottenham Hale . Don’t know if it’s the best but I find it ok . Hope this helps . Have a good day

Least amount of fucking about is Circle or Hammermith & City line from Hammersmith to Liverpool Street and then overground to WHL.

Good idea - then on the return journey you can be pissed off and depressed on the WHL platform with everyone else :)

Seriously - looks like the best route.
Thanks very much guys.

It is quite a walk from Tottenham Hale, but if there is the option go from Tottenham Hale to Northumberland Park Station which is a 2min train ride (northbound Greater Anglia service) and walk from there. It's only like a 10 minute walk.

I assumed you'd be getting a lift from Levy?
That's harsh, mate. Very harsh 😠

giphy.gif

My pre-match food ritual always used to be the greasy spoon next to the old ticket office on Park Lane.......

I thoroughly endorse the charm of the Chick-King meme, but I sincerely doubt were talking about anything beyond the realms of your average ropey 2-a-penny chicken shop.
I used to go to that cafe. My ritual is the local Kebab shop but last time they said £9. WHAT?

Thanks very much guys.

You got three replies, and three different answers. Which partly goes to show that it's also personal preference. As someone from abroad, who's come a few times a season, I've always enjoyed the walk from Seven Sisters. But perhaps just because that's what I did the very first time way back when, so it's become a part of the tradition. Either way, the feeling of slowly getting closer (while walking, not on a train) and then finally seeing the stadium appeals strongly to me.

He’s loaded trust me!!

Actually a good shout because the Victoria line is on the adjacent platform at Finsbury park

Whichever route you choose it's a good idea to keep a tab on how much the day costs you so that afterwards you can walk along the High Road with your head down muttering "for fucks sake, I spent £xxx to watch that rubbish!".

Back
Top Bottom