First trip to the new stadium tomorrow

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank you for the info.
Do you have any suggestions? Which hotel or location would be better?

For stuff to do, you are much better getting hotel in the west end, if you are are booking for 20 then negotiate the rate. You should able to get a decent hotel.You will always be a walk or tube ride from anything you want to do, including Spurs, but will be walking distance from loads of stuff like museums, galleries, shops, pubs, restaurants etc.

Take a walk along the embankment, Tate Modern, St Paul’s, Borough Market, Fish restaurant.

Spending 4 days stuck in Tottenham for New Years is horrible advice.

:ange-facepalm2::ange-lol:

Its gentrified now don't you know.

giphy.gif

Hello everyone
I hope I'm in the right place of this forum and apologize straight away for my bad English!

Me and 12 friends from my football club in Switzerland will fly to London at the end of December and watch the game on December 31st. against Bournemouth live in the stadium.
I have been a big Spurs fan for 20 years and have followed every game since then.

Unfortunately there are people in our team who have no idea about football and therefore support teams like Woolwich, Mancheseter City or United - so as you can see there are people there who simply have no idea about football or, in my opinion, are simply fashion fans.

But anyway, back to my question: Do you have any tips for me for our 4 day stay in London? None of us have ever been to the English capital and perhaps your tips will help me convert one or two of them and bring them to their senses. The aim is for at least 2 of the 3 Woolwich sympathizers to leave the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium wearing a bright white Spurs shirt.

Thanks for every tip and for tonight: COYS against Crystall
London is white!
If you and your pals are into female/mixed wrestling, try these

Female Wrestler | Oilwrestlingparties | England - beer / scantily clad female wrestlers. This is in east London.

OR

www.thesubmissionroom.co.uk

This is a more personal experience where you go one on one (or one on two) with female wrestlers.

This is based in Tottenham on avenue road, a short 10/15 minute walk from Seven Sisters station.

OR

Similar to the submission room but with a different line up of girls and based in Walthamstow just off Hoe street. (Not a pun!)

You’re welcome!

Enjoy your time in London however you choose to spend it.

Wow great.
Thank you very much for all the advice and recommendations!
I'm sure I can put together something great with this informations.
Let's see how much we get from London. My home town Lucerne is 50 times smaller than London... let's hope we don't get lost in London and find our way around.

sulis sulis - think the guys have given you the best advice for your age group /interests, I would have suggested the Tower of London ;)
If you get to the game, a group of us meet up in the Stadium at The Shelf Bar, opposite gate 122, come and say hello.
We'd love to come over for a beer and say hello. I hope I don't forget it!

St. Pancras is a good location, near Camden etc. we stayed in a Hotel where the Windows looked into the Station, which was really cool (forget the name though).

Greetings Tottenham fans!
Leicester fan here attending the Womens FA Cup semi final in a couple of weeks.

Thought I'd piggy back on this thread rather than start a new one.

Travelling from the East Midlands and planning to park somewhere outside the area and tube it in? Any recommendations. A quick eyeballing of it suggests maybe somewhere like Cheshunt and then tube ti WHL might work, or would be welcome to any other suggestions.

Travelling from the East Midlands and planning to park somewhere outside the area and tube it in? Any recommendations. A quick eyeballing of it suggests maybe somewhere like Cheshunt and then tube ti WHL might work, or would be welcome to any other suggestions.

Yep, that works well, you can either go from Cheshunt to WHL - can park in the station car park, or the other line goes to Northumberland Park Station (bit of a longer walk to the ground), but more trains and usually quicker.

Don't forget, you can leave your keys in your car pretty much anywhere in the area and it will be as safe as houses.

Ish.

I don't know if this is still the case as I haven't been for a few years, but on my last visit it was easy enough to park near the North Middlesex hospital in Edmonton, just off the North Circular Road (A406) which makes it east to get to from the north. From there it was a 25-30 min walk down the Great Cambridge Road/Tottenham High Road (the A10) with a good few hostelries on the walk to get you in the mood.

Like I say, trust others on this matter more than me. In any event, I hope you enjoy you trip!

I don't know if this is still the case as I haven't been for a few years, but on my last visit it was easy enough to park near the North Middlesex hospital in Edmonton, just off the North Circular Road (A406) which makes it east to get to from the north. From there it was a 25-30 min walk down the Great Cambridge Road/Tottenham High Road (the A10) with a good few hostelries on the walk to get you in the mood.

Like I say, trust others on this matter more than me. In any event, I hope you enjoy you trip!
Thats where we always parked coming from N2 years ago too or the Irish centre on Pretoria before it stopped doing it.
Games now are flights and trains so I can get pissed with extreme prejudice which is a a much better scenario;)

Pretty sure the controlled parking zone for match days has extended to the immediate area around the hospital. I sometimes park on the north side of the A406 but it’s a bit of a trot.

Another thing for all Spurs supporters to be very careful when driving around the roads south of the hospital is all the sneaky directional camera traps which are there to fine motorists. Eg towards the bottom of Queens Street is a frigging so called ‘bus gate’ which got me. I used to drive up and down there all the time but now there are some easily missed road markings and posts with signs on either side. Driving thro them will result in a £60 fine. Loads of people don’t notice them. Ditto some of side roads that connect to Queen St have standard everyday looking T junctions but again they have cameras and posts that are easy to miss.

Hello everyone
I hope I'm in the right place of this forum and apologize straight away for my bad English!

Me and 12 friends from my football club in Switzerland will fly to London at the end of December and watch the game on December 31st. against Bournemouth live in the stadium.
I have been a big Spurs fan for 20 years and have followed every game since then.

Unfortunately there are people in our team who have no idea about football and therefore support teams like Woolwich, Mancheseter City or United - so as you can see there are people there who simply have no idea about football or, in my opinion, are simply fashion fans.

But anyway, back to my question: Do you have any tips for me for our 4 day stay in London? None of us have ever been to the English capital and perhaps your tips will help me convert one or two of them and bring them to their senses. The aim is for at least 2 of the 3 Woolwich sympathizers to leave the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium wearing a bright white Spurs shirt.

Thanks for every tip and for tonight: COYS against Crystall
London is white!
Walk over Waterloo Bridge at sunset. Spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom