Financial Fair Play

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm call me cynical but could this be anyway linked to the 115 charges? They're swinging their dicks around showing the PL that this is how they are going to behave going forward. The 19 other PL clubs need to be behind the PL on this 100%.
Not really - the 115 charges are legacy and in the past, whereas the fake commercial revenue cheating is current. Separate issues but will be great if loopholes for the latter are closed. Makes me chuckle that these filthy cunts have the gall to present their revenue report with a straight face as though the fact they earn more than Man Utd and Real is not unusual

Otherwise know as The If you dont letvus cheat, we will sue you.
Everyone needs money but fuck me pink, just how many are prepared to sell their own values? Never ending line of greedy cunts
The irony is Citeh will claim the new regulations breach anti-competition laws. The Citeh Group regime is the epitome of anti-competition - greedy cunts indeed.

One of the old adages I grew up with was 'cheaters never prosper'. Sadly, our kids grow up nowadays seeing the exact opposite to be true.

Destroy Oil Spill GIF by Barbara Pozzi

Fuck City.

Fuck their sinister owners

Fuck baldie Guardiola and his boring, tactical fouls

Fuck Rodri the big cunt - avoiding bookings snide muppet looking freak

Fuck their wanker fans, from the old school tossers to the millions of newly found US weirdos.

Get in the fire, cheating classless cartoon of a club

Last edited:
The whole ability to appeal makes a mockery of the process.

I thought they’d throw the book at Man City but they won’t at all if their judgement can be over turned.

6 points for 1 charge, a charge that is minor compared to City’s 115 charges would still translate into relegation for City. It would have been alarming if Everton on appeal turned it into a fine but this precedent would still be in theory hundreds of points for City should they be found guilty.

6 points for 1 charge, a charge that is minor compared to City’s 115 charges would still translate into relegation for City. It would have been alarming if Everton on appeal turned it into a fine but this precedent would still be in theory hundreds of points for City should they be found guilty.

It just illustrates that the process and the PL are weak if you ask me. Uphold the initial decision and stand by it.

What would now be funny though is if they are given another 6 point deduction for the following period!

So what's the story with us? Any potential punishments coming our way? Defoe deal with Portsmouth was one that raised some concern, but seems to have gone away. Are we whiter than lilywhite? *cough*

Or did Levy throw money around to buy glory with no regard for cost or legality?

tenor.gif

Joking aside, most of the fun in this schadenfreude comes from knowing we've been well managed for a while now. City and Chavs can get fucked, obvs, but I'd love to see Forest's owner get shafted and lose some of his ill-gotten gains.

The whole ability to appeal makes a mockery of the process.

I thought they’d throw the book at Man City but they won’t at all if their judgement can be over turned.

Most judicial or quasi-judicial systems allow for at least one round of appeal. This is to reflect the fact that judges (and jurors) are human, and humans make mistakes. Sometimes, of course, the first instance decision is the right one and the decision on appeal is wrong, but that's how it goes.

In most courts and tribunals, most appeals fail. I don't know the stats for football regulatory appeals.

690 point deduction for City then?

Really poor decision to let Everton get a reduction, all weasel words and bullshit. 6 points over a season is fuck all. 10 not a guarantee either, but 6 is nothing and no deterrent at all for the likes of City and Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom