Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All I have is telling them it was all a plan so you would keep Wenger for another few years.. That's all I have ready so if anyone has anything else I can use tomorrow then please let me know.. If that all fails i'll just resort to punching heads..

One bright(ish) side is that without Leicester having a miraculous season, the Gooners could have won the title today at our expense.

Bit of perspective I guess.

Honestly this season hasnt been as good as we think it has we had a chance to win the europa league conceded that, had a great chance to win the premiere league bottled it, then second place fucked that up too. All we have really acomplished is 7 more points in a much weaker league. The place that we have won this year is the face that we know we have youth and our team is only going to get better from here on out

I'm fucked off nut I totally disagree with that.. Apart from the last 4 games it has been a really good season. We are building a team with some of the best youngsters in the country and have the best manager in the league.. Yes we fucked it up but it still has been a pretty damn good achievement.

The wifes gone round her mates, the dogs hiding under the table, the neighbours have boarded up their windows.Fucking hell after 50 years i should know better. Where the fucks the transfer thread, i have some ideas.

I am so fucking angry I can't even process things.
I'M GOING TO FUCKING MELT HERE.

Immediately went and had the angriest wank of all time for just some semblance of a fleeting good feeling.

Now my fucking phone is buzzing with alerts from apps telling me about how Woolwich finish second. FUCKING HELL.

That squad should feel FUCKING ASHAMED of themselves at that result. Only player that looked bothered was Lamela with a wonder goal.

I can't even bitch about the FUCKING WRONG penalty that was given, even though it's the best argument I've ever seen for video replay and retrospective action. It's completely moot. Spurs capitulated to ten men and couldn't be bothered in the final month.

Pochettino has squandered so much good will with this solitary, embarrassing result. Messaging to the media that "we don't care about Woolwich" was completely fucking wrong and it shows that the players took that message to heart. Completely disrespectful to the fans!

Just when we thought we had a sure-fire team for the future, Pochettino needs to take a good, fucking long and hard look at that squad's performance today and rightfully let some heads roll.

But first he needs to take a good and long hard look at himself and admit that he needs to realign his own thinking. THE SEASON DIDN'T END A MONTH AGO!!!

Between Levy screwing up the transfers at the start of the season (Berahino saga) and getting us to play in a tournament in Germany days before the season kicked off costing us the first few games and now or players going on holiday after Chelsea we have effectively given up on about 4-6 games this season. Crap start and crap finish.

Very concerned about the mentality of some of our players like Lloris and Verts, they literally look like they are thinking of their summer holidays while playing.

First let us thank the loyal yids who traveled north and spent there hard earned salaries on that shit ,to the young fans who idolize players who prove not worthy .We do not deserve to be humiliated in that way ,fuck Woolwich, fuck Leicester .You are we are Tottenham Hotspurs a great club with a great history we can take defeat god knows we have had enough practice .
Read this forum read your twitter accounts and try and understand today you deserted us ,but please understand THIS FUCKING HURT .

I'm fucked off nut I totally disagree with that.. Apart from the last 4 games it has been a really good season. We are building a team with some of the best youngsters in the country and have the best manager in the league.. Yes we fucked it up but it still has been a pretty damn good achievement.

Is he the best in the league though? He's got to take some responsibility for the last 4 games as well.

I've been for Poch since day 1 by the way, but nobody is mentioning him in all this. The best manager in the league wouldn't finish the season this poorly.

The wifes gone round her mates, the dogs hiding under the table, the neighbours have boarded up their windows.Fucking hell after 50 years i should know better. Where the fucks the transfer thread, i have some ideas.

My missus sent me out for a walk "to calm down" after I scared the cat out of yet another of his supposedly nine lives. He lost a few when we beat the Scum last year and a couple more today. My neighbour is Scum though so he has (astutely) stayed away.

Choked?

That is not even the word. We entered the game and had about 100% possession the first 10 minutes and could not be bother to move, run or up the tempo in any way. Newcastly looked completely detached.

Then they woke up. We let them in, they had no intention to play, but we let them. It's on us.

This is pure unprofessional and straight up unacceptable.

If Poch really is happy with this, over the season, blah blah, then I doubt he will ever become the top manager we all hope for.

We keep the ball cos we go nowhere with it. Pointless. Backwards forwards sideways bollocks is stupid when we are chasing a game. So easy even at 2-1. Play quicker get balls in, shots away, corners. Not keep the ball. Make em defend. Rather then have a chance to nick the ball and counter.

What the fuck was that? What the fuck has happened in the last weeks? It's a real shitty, spursy way to end a season which shaped up well. Leicester had the consistency from start to finish. We were hovering 4th-5th for much of the first half of the season which is why we were always chasing despite up until WBA game we were matching LCFC's points gained in 2016. Truth be told we didn't bottlethe title but we fucking bottled second. Small gains it may be but finishing above Woolwich for this group of young players would have done great to help get that monkey of our back. No excuse. We had three chances and blew it.

Poch needs to improve this teams variety of play. We're more fluid and when the momentum is with us very efficient but the Dortmund ties and these last weeks show our heads too easily drop when the going gets tough. It's a trait familiar with the club and Poch still has to eradicate it. Can we grind out results? Can we see tough times out? That's the next step.

I've said before the drop off from our main starters and the sub players is too much. Poch has so far got us to a cup final and qualified for the UCL. Now we want to build. I don't want to sacrifice one competition because we don't have the quality to juggle. Big summer ahead. A summer which done right can cement our place in the top 4 or back to 5th/6th.

I hate this 'if you offered us 3rd or top 4' or whatever bullshit, the plain fact of the matter is we have completely bottled a runnerup position to them cunts from a seemingly impossible position. This is even worse than the Redknapp fuck up because we are a better team now and were genuine contenders till a month ago and absolutely flying.
Tbh I though we lost our chance failing to beat woolwich and the draw at anfield compounded it for me.

Shameful way to finish off the season and the players should be kicked firmly in the groin for feeling sorry for themselves the last four games.
Fuck off, you're professional athletes who have sulked their way below woolwich with a fucking wimper. Didn't think this team was capable of this tbqh and its left a sour taste to an otherwise great season.

Is he the best in the league though? He's got to take some responsibility for the last 4 games as well.

I've been for Poch since day 1 by the way, but nobody is mentioning him in all this. The best manager in the league wouldn't finish the season this poorly.

For me the players were the let down.. Poch had his hands tied with suspensions etc but it's the players who looked half arsed.

All I have is telling them it was all a plan so you would keep Wenger for another few years.. That's all I have ready so if anyone has anything else I can use tomorrow then please let me know.. If that all fails i'll just resort to punching heads..

You could try telling them that, because Giroud scored today, he will be there next season!

Fuck it punch some heads and thankfully I'm retired otherwise I wd have pulled a sickie tomorrow as I couldn't have stood it

It all has to be put in perspective, yes it was a pretty shitty month and top it of Woolwich finished above us.

That doesnt change the fact that this is still the best Spurs team for a long, long time. I would have also enjoyed to finish above the scum, but it's nothing more than the league position. This young squad has made it possible to talk about winning the title within one season.

For the mentality of the players, this is football at the top level... It is not as simple as it seems. I personally think it was Dawson's goal at WHL which killed our season off. The look on the players faces said everything after that game really, something was not right, something which was not in our hands prevented us from winning the title.

Also, all of Pochs teams so far have had a burn-out at the end of the season. At one point, there is just no power left.

I know, most people will be melting, but Im confident that we will come back stronger from this.

Back
Top Bottom