Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank god for copious amounts of beer. It really makes the difference from crying to laughing. Another squad overhaul suddenly feels inevitable when you realise you sub in tom carroll and josh onomah to save the day. It is a young squad. It's also a squad without real grit. One look at the bench at any of our games this season tells you why we fell short of the title (or even 2nd place). After last season Poch got rid of deadwood who didn't really want to be here and didn't want to fight for a place, this off season he will look to get rid of those who want to be here, have the fight in them, but still fall short on ability and impact. It's hard to look at this season without melting now, but in the long run, I think we'll improve.

Looking back to 2 incidents where indiscipline has cost us Alli & Dembele, and an inability to kill off teams when in control.
3rd feels like shit at the moment, but post season we would be ecstatic, a young team with great possibilities if Pococinos can bolster this squad with guile and experience.
Kane gets the golden boot, but next season we need to get Quality not quantity and go for winning things and not be like the scum up the road and want 4th place trophies.
This hurt today and will love with us until next season where I hope this team can learn from this and move on COYS

Post season?
Pococinos?

What the fuck.

Cuntish performance aside, we can at least now admit we need reinforcements, go get them and have a run at a trophy next year, rather than sacking off all the cups just to cling on to league position.

I feel so sorry for all of you that have to endure the gooner scum tomorrow :(
At least theres not many of the cunts up here and if they wind up stabbed no one really gives a shit.

Also for the guys that went to the game i'd demand a refund for that shit show!!

It makes me want to cry that we always to fuck up the end of the season and simultaneously leave it to Woolwich (who REALLY should've won it all this season all things considered) to have a happy ending, with their best finish in 10 years and usurping us on the last day of the season AGAIN.

The bitterness right now is at complete melter-levels.

At the beginning of the season, if anyone offered us 3rd in the league - we would have sold our collective dicks to have it.

I support the team that deserved to come third in the hardest league in the world.
Works for me

It makes me want to cry that we always to fuck up the end of the season and simultaneously leave it to Woolwich (who REALLY should've won it all this season all things considered) to have a happy ending, with their best finish in 10 years and usurping us on the last day of the season AGAIN.

The bitterness right now is at complete melter-levels.
more fool you

Great season now a joke, no other way to look at it. Thankfully I don't have many WUM's in the office but I dare not look at FB.

We have CL football but I will remember the season for that shocker and coming 3rd instead of 2nd.

Only positive is that it will make it clear to the management and hopefully the fans that the likes of Mason, Carroll need to be sold and that we don't need back ups, we need proper competition.

Eriksen, Verts and Toby downed their tools after Chelsea. If that's the case then put them on the bench, but we can't because we have no-one else.

I don't want to see idiots on the transfer forum from this point onwards saying we should not get a good second striker because he might not like the bench or Kane might have to go to the bench. Good that's what competition does, Woolwich have players like Corzola on the bench. Big clubs have competition not crap backups.

Honestly this season hasnt been as good as we think it has we had a chance to win the europa league conceded that, had a great chance to win the premiere league bottled it, then second place fucked that up too. All we have really acomplished is 7 more points in a much weaker league. The place that we have won this year is the face that we know we have youth and our team is only going to get better from here on out

I feel so sorry for all of you that have to endure the gooner scum tomorrow :(
At least theres not many of the cunts up here and if they wind up stabbed no one really gives a shit.

Also for the guys that went to the game i'd demand a refund for that shit show!!

Do you know what Mate.. If you offered me 3rd at the start of the season i'd have bitten your hand off but all i can think of is seeing them Cunts tomorrow rubbing our noses in it again from what was almost impossible.. 2 points from the last 4 games when 3 would have done it wil take some getting used to.

I am so fucking angry I can't even process things.
I'M GOING TO FUCKING MELT HERE.

Immediately went and had the angriest wank of all time for just some semblance of a fleeting good feeling.

Now my fucking phone is buzzing with alerts from apps telling me about how Woolwich finish second. FUCKING HELL.

That squad should feel FUCKING ASHAMED of themselves at that result. Only player that looked bothered was Lamela with a wonder goal.

I can't even bitch about the FUCKING WRONG penalty that was given, even though it's the best argument I've ever seen for video replay and retrospective action. It's completely moot. Spurs capitulated to ten men and couldn't be bothered in the final month.

Pochettino has squandered so much good will with this solitary, embarrassing result. Messaging to the media that "we don't care about Woolwich" was completely fucking wrong and it shows that the players took that message to heart. Completely disrespectful to the fans!

Just when we thought we had a sure-fire team for the future, Pochettino needs to take a good, fucking long and hard look at that squad's performance today and rightfully let some heads roll.

But first he needs to take a good and long hard look at himself and admit that he needs to realign his own thinking. THE SEASON DIDN'T END A MONTH AGO!!!

Every proper Spurs fan will just feel humiliated and sick. You are right. Losing the Premier to Leicester was okay as long we came 2nd. It was not that hard but somehow we failed again.

Losing 2-1 today would have been bad but you know, something to argue the toss about.

This is like all your worst Spurs days put together on a day when we should be looking back with an element of pride.

Shocking and abject.

The pundits et al will be thinking fcuk backing Spurs for anything because as Roy Keane rightly says "they will ALWAYS let you down"

You know it just showed a complete lack of professional pride. Forget Woolwich. What about the mirror.

Fcuk sake.

We need 2/3 quick and good signings to lift the dark clouds.

I will assume 3rd top feels better than 3rd bottom but right now it is marginal.

If Carrol and Mason are still in the team come August then Poch needs to wake up. There has to be two better young English talents out there that we can buy to replace them. I don't see what people see in them this season.

Back
Top Bottom