Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On a couple of occasions last night his foot work was sublime.Trouble is,it never looked like it was going anywhere.
Reminded me of Jose Dominguez at times
I think it is age catching up to him. He doesn't seem to have it in him to play for long stretches and keeping the quality consistent while doing so. He's looked good when coming off the bench and with the odd start but now that he is forced to start game after game he has started struggling.

The Lion King is getting old.

One thing I don't get about him is even when he is winning loads of headers like last night they NEVER go to one of our players......even if he isn't in control of where they are going, by the law of averages the odd one should bounce to a white shirt.

Llorente kept on getting rid of the ball quickly when he was supposed to hold it up for support. He said he was nervous the previous tie - I hate to hear that from a lead forward. I would have Jansen in the squad if not start him. Ajax are useless in the air also, Spurs won more balls in one match than all season.

He offered the outball, and more often than not managed to retain possession up the pitch when marked tightly. Without him we'd have had to play the ball out of defence from Lloris (who's shit with his feet), and in defence we have Sanchez (who's shit with his feet), and in midfield we have Vic (who's now shit with his feet because he's not fit). They'd have been over that lot like a rash and won 3-0. Playing Llorente at least meant we played much of the game in their half. Without him it would have come back 3 seconds later.
What caught my attention was he attempted to play like Kane does when he drops deep (he didn't drop as deep as Kane) but there were several times in the game he would take the ball back to goal and then look to ping a crossfield ball to the space behind the oppo FB on the opposite side of the pitch, I don't think any of these actually came off, which is a shame because the intended ball was the right option. It also highlighted just how delicious and how used to we are now at seeing Kane ping those balls so routinely every game.

Llorente 8 Goals 5 Assists

Arnuatautovic 7 Goals 4 assists
"lil Penis 7 Goals 1 assist
Antonio 7 Goals 3 assists
Shaquiri 6 Goals 2 Assists
Sturridge 4 Goals 2 assists
Origi 3 Goals 1 Assist
Higuain 4 Goals 1 assist
Willian 8 goals 13 assists
Welbeck 5 Goals 1 Assist
Jota 11 goals & 3 assists
Calvert-Lewin 8 Goals 2 assists
Walcott 5 goals 2 assists
Deeney 11 gaols 5 assists
Andre Grey 9 goals 5 assists
ZAHA 9 (NINE) and 3 (THREE) Assists!!!!!!!!
Townsend 7 goals and 4 assists
Batshuayi 3 goals 0 assists
Benteke 1 and 1
Rondon 10 and 7
Joshua King 11 and 3
Barnes & Wood both on 11 and 2
Golden boy Glenn Murray 13 and 1
Danny Ings 8 and 2
Redmond 8 and 4
Shane Long 5 & 1
Mitrovic 11 & 3

Lukaku 15 & 3
Rashford 13 & 7
Martial 12 & 2

I don't like how we play (not his fault) when he's on the pitch but fuck me he's more than justified his place in our colours.
960.jpg

Origi 3 Goals 1 Assist
Higuain 4 Goals 1 assist
Welbeck 5 Goals 1 Assist
Benteke 1 and 1
Rondon 10 and 7
Joshua King 11 and 3
Danny Ings 8 and 2
Redmond 8 and 4
Shane Long 5 & 1
Mitrovic 11 & 3

Lukaku 15 & 3
Rashford 13 & 7
Martial 12 & 2

I don't like how we play (not his fault) when he's on the pitch but fuck me he's more than justified his place in our colours.
960.jpg

So what you're saying is we need to break the bank for Glen Murray in the summer...?

Origi 3 Goals 1 Assist
Higuain 4 Goals 1 assist
Welbeck 5 Goals 1 Assist
Benteke 1 and 1
Rondon 10 and 7
Joshua King 11 and 3
Danny Ings 8 and 2
Redmond 8 and 4
Shane Long 5 & 1
Mitrovic 11 & 3

Lukaku 15 & 3
Rashford 13 & 7
Martial 12 & 2

960.jpg
Stop lying - it's embarrassing!

All those other players you've mentioned - their goals are in the PL whereas Llorente has 1 goal in the PL all season and 2 in his entire career at Spurs - not 8! Rest is bloated by a hat trick vs semi-pros

Last edited:
Stop lying - it's embarrassing

All those other players you've mentioned - their goals are in the PL whereas Llorente has 1 goal in the PL all season and 2 in his entire career at Spurs - not 8! Rest is bloated by a hat trick vs semi-pros
Surprised he didn't just quote Llorentes total career goals to make him look even better.

Surprised he didn't just quote Llorentes total career goals to make him look even better.
By "he" I suppose you mean me?

Why on earth would I bother quoting his entire career goals? What would be the point of posting them when looking at what he's done for Spurs this year? I made the comparisons with other Strikers and attackers for other teams this year because I found it interesting that he's outscored many of them.

By "he" I suppose you mean me?

Why on earth would I bother quoting his entire career goals? What would be the point of posting them when looking at what he's done for Spurs this year? I made the comparisons with other Strikers and attackers for other teams this year because I found it interesting that he's outscored many of them.
He doesn't have 8 PL goals - he has 1

He hasn't outscored ANY of them

OK ArcspacE ArcspacE you're saying that 2 goals in the last 10 mins when he came on as sub was nothing to do with him, and that the fact we hadn't scored for the previous 80 minutes was just bad luck?

Laughable. One of the goals was an assist, maybe the other too.
I'm saying the stats posted are factually incorrect and paint a picture of an able goal-scorer when 95% of the times he's been dire, sorry mate.

Back
Top Bottom