Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huge professional and total quality act. Sits on the bench all season waiting for Kane to get injured then comes in and does the business in important games. Seems to love the club. Starting to gain cult legendary status in my view.

mirror18.jpg

Huge professional and total quality act. Sits on the bench all season waiting for Kane to get injured then comes in and does the business in important games. Seems to love the club. Starting to gain cult legendary status in my view.
We'll struggle to replace what he brings - a happy and effective understudy who is content with his role. But even allowing for improved opinions of his contribution...he's 34. Only way I could see him staying is on a deal that reduces his wages and begins transitioning him to a coaching role.

I was kind of negative of him at the start but he has proven that he can be a vital part of this team despite his age. Made a fan out of me for sure.

I have always rated him high, but here is some food for thought that just dawned on me. He supposedly picked us over Chelsea, and they after failing to get Nando went out and got Morata and Higuain, right? Has anyone given him credit for the formidable harm he ended up causing the <removed>s in this regard?

Last edited:
with the greatest respect. I understand he has minimal match practice and is then thrown in. But I don't quite understand the calls for 'legend status'. He tries hard, but his actual output is pretty dire. In fact unfortunately we could have a few minute long highlight reel of easy chances missed from him. Yes he scored a very crucial goal, he almost butched that too but luckily he couldn't move fast enough to get out of the way. Let's be realistic and not overhype.

with the greatest respect. I understand he has minimal match practice and is then thrown in. But I don't quite understand the calls for 'legend status'. He tries hard, but his actual output is pretty dire. In fact unfortunately we could have a few minute long highlight reel of easy chances missed from him. Yes he scored a very crucial goal, he almost butched that too but luckily he couldn't move fast enough to get out of the way. Let's be realistic and not overhype.

From prev. page:

13 goals and 6 assists in 21 games

:kanehand:

He's been nothing short of terrible for us bar 1-2 crucial goals - rest of his contribution has been very poor. 2 PL goals in 2 season says it all. He's not an impact sub and that's all we use him for most games so it's never going to work unfortunately

From prev. page:

13 goals and 6 assists in 21 games

:kanehand:
It's amazing for us that he was able to step up against the likes of Tranmere where we really needed him. However in the league, 1 goal per season, for a striker is what I'd call, somewhat dire. If you don't agree with that, then I think your expectations from our front men are perhaps a bit low.

It's amazing for us that he was able to step up against the likes of Tranmere where we really needed him. However in the league, 1 goal per season, for a striker is what I'd call, somewhat dire. If you don't agree with that, then I think your expectations from our front men are perhaps a bit low.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that he's a reserve ST that rarely appears in the PL, let alone starts.

I have always rated him high, but here is some food for thought that just dawned on me. He supposedly picked us over Chelsea, and they after failing to get Nando went out and got Morata and Higuain, right? Has anyone given him credit for the formidable harm he ended up causing the <removed>s in this regard?
I've quite often had to defend him here, also reminding peeps that he would have scored a shedload for that 'horrible lot.

He's been nothing short of terrible for us bar 1-2 crucial goals - rest of his contribution has been very poor. 2 PL goals in 2 season says it all. He's not an impact sub and that's all we use him for most games so it's never going to work unfortunately
yeah he's been shite, bore off you utter cunt. And take your fucking stats with you.

We were 0-1 down v PSV when he came on with 10 to play. He was the one that caused pandemonium in their box for 2 late goals that saved our bacon. 3rd in the 3-0 v Dortmund, that could have turned out pretty crucial, they had us on the rack for 30 mins. Oh, and the decisive one at City, probably Poch's finest achievement in all his time with us.

The fact that we're playing any CL at New WHL at all is a lot down to this "terrible" player.

Cunt

Agreed.

Loveable, good looking and a model professional come second to me to being a sh!t as a person, a bit of a ladies man and finding the goal a dozen times.

If he plays tonight he needs to do more than a few ladies' hearts quiver.

Back
Top Bottom