FavoUrite XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought I would just post it here ...

SPURS' ULTIMATE TEAM - FINAL LINE-UP REVEALED!

ut_final_730.jpg
To be fair, this almost absolutely nails it. I'd probably take out Ginola for Cliff Jones. There needs to be some of the '61 team in there. Might also prefer Mackay to Roberts and Brown to Lloris.

In my time

Lloris
Walker
King
Roberts
BAE
Anderton
Hoddle
Gascogine
Bale
Clive Allen
Sherringham

Subs
Jennings
Berba
Archibald
Modric
Mabbutt
Houghton
Ade
:myword:

if you can only nominate players you have actually seen play, then it just shows how many "old timers" don't bother voting in these polls. The best ever 11 should include at least the nucleus of the Double Team - Mackay, Blanchflower, Jones, White, Smith - at the very minimum.

I'm a younger fan than all of you for me it's got to be..
Robinson
Assou Ekotto King Dawson LYP
Lennon Sandro Zakora Bale
Pavlyuchenko Defoe

(Pavlyuchenko - haters gonna hate)
Dunno what I was thinking here it's gotta be
Robinson
Corluka King Dawson
Lennon Zakora Krancjar Van Der Vaart
Bale
Crouch Defoe

Probably not the best, but the team I'd have the most fun watching:

[formation=4411, Lloris, All have been crap, Dier, King, Rose, Ginola, Modric, Bentaleb, Bale, Van der Vart, Kane][/formation]

Probably already covered off, but Carr left us for Newcastle following his long injury crisis and having looked a shadow of his former self in that season. We got the best out of him before those injuries when he was without a doubt the most dangerous and exciting fullback in the league. When I used to write articles for Spurs Update (before it turned into Glory Glory) there was a seperate award given out for MOTMWISC (Man of the Match who isn't Stephen Carr) each week... that's how good he was.

Anyways, I know this thread is about likability not ability exactly, but the most likeable thing about Carr was his attacking game before his injury. There wasn't a great deal to like about Carr's game by the time we sold him to Newcastle.

Thorstvedt

Carr
King
Mabbutt
BAE

Waddle
Gazza
Freund
Ginola

Lineker
Sheringham

Bench:
Robinson
Jose Dominguez
Sandro
Bale
VDV
Klinsmann

Berba, while great to watch (for half a season when he felt like playing) was always a miserable git. Robbie Keane also seemed to moan a lot as well. I liked Bale's workrate and attitude but Ginola had the edge in personality on and off the pitch. Thorstvedt just over Robbo but you have to love the way Robinson engaged with the fans, especially the Park Lane.

Last edited:
Can only post the players I've watched play, I know there's better servants of the club but unfortunately I never had the chance to see them live and maybe it's a soft team and a crime to put Bale at LB but he did play there and I loved watching Ginola sorry.
But I reckon this team would have been a joy to watch on their day (and fit lol)
[formation="4411, Lloris, Stepen Carr, Woodgate, King, Bale, Anderton, Modric, Hoddle, Ginola, Gascoigne, Klinsmann"][/formation]

if you can only nominate players you have actually seen play, then it just shows how many "old timers" don't bother voting in these polls. The best ever 11 should include at least the nucleus of the Double Team - Mackay, Blanchflower, Jones, White, Smith - at the very minimum.
Gilzean champion player

Ditchburn

Ramsey Norman England Knowles

Mackay Blanchflower

Medwin Harmer Jones

Smith​

I've seen this entire team play, they're my all-time XI :kaneear:

-----------------------Lloris---------------------
Corluka------Woodgate-----King-----BAE
Anderton-----Modric----Sandro-------Bale
-------------------Gascoigne------------------
----------------Van Der Vaart-----------------
----------------------Kane-----------------------

fuck you

-----------------------Lloris---------------------
Corluka------Woodgate-----King-----BAE
Anderton-----Modric----Sandro-------Bale
-------------------Gascoigne------------------
----------------Van Der Vaart-----------------
----------------------Kane-----------------------

fuck you
I sense this post is;

463.jpg

GK-Robinson - seemed a decent bloke, solid keeper although a bit suspect with long range efforts
RB- Anderton - fuck off he played wing back in the World Cup so I'm sneaking him in as right back. A legend, great passer and was absolute dynamite in his debut season.
LB- Zeige - was a bit past it and riddled when he arrived with us but his class was still there. Glided across the grass and had a wand of left peg. is free kick against the scum was sentational as was his goal in the 3-5 calamity against utd.
CB- King - trememndous ability and pace, fucked by injury and heavy drinking.
CB -Mabbutt - total good guy and 100% spurs. Had his moments but totally committed and made ammends for fucking up in 87 by lifting the cup in 91.
CM - Gascoigne - genius, worked hard and inspired team mates. A total nutcase - I've not seen a more ludicrous 15 minutes than his cup final - totally pumped.
CM - Hoddle - awesome skill and passing, and years ahead of the game. Scorer of great goals. Total Legend.
AM - Waddle - his season in 88-89 was unbelievable, incredible goals, and classic Spurs we sold him at his peak.
AM - Ginola - remarkable balance, two footed strong and fucking sexy. Makes Chadli look like susan boyle
CF Clive Allen - a machine, two footed, huge head, strong and quick. His season was incredible, so clinical and scored from nothing chances.
CF Klinsmann - the best (maybe 2nd to Clive, sorry Gary) striker I've seen at the lane. Did everything in the game and his enthusiasm was a joy to see. Sugar was out of order to him and he still came back. Great player.
subs
Thorstvedt
Gough
Sedgely
Nayim
Modric
Bale
Sheringham
Lineker

Jennings
D.Thomas - Roberts - King - Hughton
Perryman(c)
Gascoigne - Hoddle - Waddle
Lineker - Archibald

Subs : Thorstevdt, Mabbutt, Howells, Ardiles, Ginola, Sheringham, Klinsmann.

OR

Jennings
Perryman(c) - King - Mabbutt - Hughton
Roberts
Gascoigne - Hoddle - Waddle
Sheringham
Lineker

Subs : Clemence, Woodgate, D.Thomas, Ardiles, Ginola, Archibald, Klinsmann.

--------------------------------Robinson------------------------------
Carr----------------Mabbutt----------King-----------------Ekotto
Anderton----------Modric-----------Sandro------------Ginola
------------------------------Bale/Berbatov------------------------
---------------------------------Klinsmann---------------------------

Couldn't choose between Bale and Berbatov. Lennon was also pretty hard to not include (I was also a MASSIVE fan of Scott Parker).

--------------------------------Robinson------------------------------
--------------------Carr---------King-----------Ekotto--------------
---------------Bale--Modric---Ginola--Van der Vaart-----------
------------------Defoe-- Berbatov--Sheringham ------------------

Christ, you realise what shite full backs we've had over the last 20 years or so. Anyway, not based on ability...

...................Hugo

Chimbo Ledley Daws Zeige

....................Davids
..........Bale gazza ginola

...........Berba Klinnsmann

That i remember seeing live
Robbo
Carr (was my favourite player at the time)
King
Sol before he became a judas
BAE
Ginola
Dominguez
Modric
Anderton
Bale
Klinsmann

Subs
Gomes
Teddy
Rose
Dawson
Simon Davies
Kane
Berbatov

Now I know what you're thinking. How on earth could I include that cunt in my line up. But I've decided to go on who my favourite players were whilst they were actually playing for us. And I used to love watching him make those marauding runs from the back. It's what made his betrayal so fucking painful. Yes I feel disgusted with myself but I can take it.

4 4 effing 2

Robinson
Houghton
Bae
Roberts
Mabbutt
Ginola
Ardiles
Hoddle
Bale
Lineker
Archibald

Sub's

Thorsvedt
C Allen
Van der Vart
Modric
Galvin
Carr
Perryman

i started following Spurs in 2009/2010 so it's with a lot of recent players. Don't kill me guys :walkercry:

zYlu6DC.jpg

Honoroble mentions: Friedel; Dawson, Corluka; Parker, Sigurdsson, Eriksen and Defoe.

I love guys like Dier and Nabil(yes, i like Bentaleb) but they are very new to the team and Rose was shote until this season. Harry was the exception. of "Recent" players But he has been brilliant for us since last season Top lad

:vert:

Back
Top Bottom