FavoUrite XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GK. Robbo - His goal against Watford got him the nod.

RB. Carr - He was brilliant in his prime at Spurs and that goal against United.
CB. Verts - Personifies everything I love in a centre back.
CB. King - Nothing more needs to be said.
LB. Timothee Atouba - Anyone that can do step overs inside his own box is worth a place in my book.

CDM. Sandro - Absolute machine and hilariously funny as well.
CDM. Freund - Football Genius.

AMR. Ginola - Used to play footy with him on Saturday mornings and I'll never forget his goal at Barnsley.
AMC. Van der Vaart - Loved his passion and his undoubted brilliance.
AML. Bale - Probably the most talented Spurs player since Gazza.

ST. Berbatov - He learnt to speak English by watching the Godfather, I mean come on!

Thorstvedt

Carr - King - Mabbutt - Ziege

Anderton - Gazza - VdV - Ginola

Klinsmann - Lineker

Shock omission for Bale but to be fair my two forwards had decent careers? :) Could have put him at left wing but id push back for Daveeeeed so has to be him, sorry.

Honourable mentions for Robinson, Woodgate, Lennon, Berbatov, Sheringham, Bale, Modric, Davids, Vertonghen

Robbo in the sticks.

Back four of Stalteri (for THAT goal), Ledders, Mabbs and Benny

Middle 4 of Anderton, Gazza, Sandro and Ginola

With Bale just behind Klinsmann

Subs - Erik the Viking, Lennon, Teddy, Rafa, Dawson, Berbatov and Jan

Robbo

Carr King Verts Ziege

Dominguez Zokora Mendes Ginola

Klinsmann Berba

Not the best team, but I loved these guys.

this is hard, but will give it a go, going to only include players that I have seen live and that I really l loved (so no space for anyone who did the dirty on us). By the way, I don't know my left from right so may get the full backs/wingers a bit mixed up :confused:
Pat Jennings (best keeper I have ever seen)
Stevie P (just because I love him ... have I mentioned that before?)
Ledley King (best defender I have seen, bar none)
Gary Mabbutt (versatile to boot)
Cyril Knowles (sheer entertainment value)
Daveed Ginola (sex on legs and not a bad footballer either)
Glen Hoddle (how you can have a best Spurs XI without him is beyond me)
Gazza ( he nearly won the FA Cup on his own in '91 and for that goal against Le Scum at Wembley)
Gareth Bale (not sure where he's going to fit in but how can I leave him out?)
Jimmy Greaves (a scoring machine - how we could do with him now!)
Martin Chivers (another great goal scorer)
Bench: Eric the Viking, Ossie, Ricky Villa, Nayim (for THAT goal, even if he wasn't playing for us at the time), Alan Gilzean, Jan, Jan, Super Jan

Now how about the Worst Spurs X1?????????????

this is hard, but will give it a go, going to only include players that I have seen live and that I really l loved (so no space for anyone who did the dirty on us). By the way, I don't know my left from right so may get the full backs/wingers a bit mixed up :confused:
Pat Jennings (best keeper I have ever seen)
Stevie P (just because I love him ... have I mentioned that before?)
Ledley King (best defender I have seen, bar none)
Gary Mabbutt (versatile to boot)
Cyril Knowles (sheer entertainment value)
Daveed Ginola (sex on legs and not a bad footballer either)
Glen Hoddle (how you can have a best Spurs XI without him is beyond me)
Gazza ( he nearly won the FA Cup on his own in '91 and for that goal against Le Scum at Wembley)
Gareth Bale (not sure where he's going to fit in but how can I leave him out?)
Jimmy Greaves (a scoring machine - how we could do with him now!)
Martin Chivers (another great goal scorer)
Bench: Eric the Viking, Ossie, Ricky Villa, Nayim (for THAT goal, even if he wasn't playing for us at the time), Alan Gilzean, Jan, Jan, Super Jan

Now how about the Worst Spurs X1?????????????
:bmj:

---------Gomes------------
----------------------------
-----Corluka-King-BAE----
----------------------------
--------VDV--Sandro--------
-----------------------------
-Lennon---------------Bale-
-----Defoe-Pav-Keane-----

Showing my age a bit

Saw my first Spurs game way back in 1969, so a fair few favourites to choose from. Definitely not the team I would have picked if it had been the best XI.

Paul Robinson - Haven't seen a keeper with a better rapport with, and appreciation of Spurs fans.
Steve Perryman (capt) - My favourite Spurs player of all time and a gentleman with it.
Graham Roberts - Would run through brick walls for Spurs. And he tackled Charlie Nicholas so hard once, that Nicholas ended up in the crowd.
Ledley King - Enough said.
Chris Hughton - Classy player, classy bloke.
David Ginola - Great player, gave us so much joy in that era of pain.
Sandro - 100% Spurs machine.
Alfie Conn - Just for his hair and moustache. And the slogan of the wall outside the East Stand "Alfie Conn is God" painted in white paint. It was there for years.
Gareth Bale - For the pleasure and hope he has given us.
Chris Jones - Average striker who didn't score many goals, but he always gave 100%. And just when he got a run in the side & scored a few goals, he would get injured and have to battle his way back again.
Jurgen Klinsmann - The best striker I have seen at Spurs (although Greaves was still there when I first started going, he was past his best).

Subs
Erik Thorsvedt - I caught one of his gloves that he threw into the crowd once. And somebody behind me snatched it out of my hand.
Benoit Assou-Ekotto - For the LOLs.
Gary Mabbutt - 100% Spurs and for being such a great bloke. And playing at the level he did despite his diabetes.
Glenn Hoddle - A thing of beauty.
Paul Gascoigne - For the laughter, the skill and the memory of getting us to the FA Cup final almost single handedly in '91. I remember seeing him score a back-heeled volley from about 30 yards in a pre-match warm up vs Wimbledon. The crowd in the stadium at the time, just a few thousand gave him a standing ovation for it.
Tony Galvin - Lovely left winger and a real sly, dirty bastard too.
Dimitar Berbatov - There, I've said it.

Gomes​
Corluka King Mabbutt BAE​
Lennon Gazza Sandro Hoddle Bale​
Klinsmann​
There have been better players in my time supporting Spurs but I loved/love these bastards​

Ahaaaa.... another sneaky 'show your age' thread!

OK< here goes:

1. LLORIS

2. D.THOMAS
4. ROBERTS
5. PERRYMAN
3. HUGHTON

6. BALE
10. HODDLE
8. GASCOIGNE
7. ARDILES

9. BERBATOV
11. KLINSMANN

Subs:
12. CARR
13. CAMPBE I'm jo-Ledley-KING!!!
14. GINOLA
15. SANDRO
16. MABBUTT
17. VERTONGHEN
18. WADDLE
19. LENNON
20. VAN DER VAART
21. C.ALLEN
22. LINEKER

I'm going for a futuristic 22 man squad (just to have my cake and eat it!)
I don't care that my first-choice midfield might get over-run, they've enough quality to keep the ball for 90 minutes so that the opposition wouldn't even get a chance to overrun us... so Suck on that clogger fans!!

Back
Top Bottom