FavoUrite XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty much the thread title, just interested to know what everyone's favorite spurs team over the years growing up have been. Doesn't have to be the best team, you'll most likely have some spurs players on your team that had an awful time at Tottenham, but because of one great moment they are.

So here's mine going back to the early 2000's.......

Paul Robinson.
Loved him in goal for us and that sense of pride that England's no.1 played for us. Then again the other choices was David James and Chris Kirkland. Still he was better then the 'great' Kasey Keller.

Stephen Carr.
Yes I've gone for Carr in his last few seasons at spurs but lets face it, it was during the time I started watching spurs when we had the likes of Noel Pamoarot, Stephen Kelly and Paul Ifill at right back. (remember him?)

Ledley King.
Enough said. *sobs*

Jonathan Woodgate.
How can you not like him.... unless you're Leeds fan. His brilliant timed face into the ball which won us the Carling Cup I will always remember. And yes he did mean it!

Benoit Assou- Ekotto. LOL.
It was a close one between him and Timothee Atouba but Benny just edged it with his hair. Seriously though its been a while since we had a decent left back. He may make mistakes lol, he maybe too honest at times lol but you can't help but lol when you see him lol.

Simon Davies.
This may come at a surprise to some of you I picked him over Aaron Lennon, but he's one of my favorite players for spurs at the time and not just for right wing. I played in the same position as him when I was a kid and instantly loved him for spurs. This maybe one of the reasons I never made it as a professional. He done his job and was great for us.

Gus Poyet.
I'm going to be honest it doesn't feel nice having an ex Chelsea player in my Fav XI, but lets face it he scored some great goals for us and got us out of the shit many times.

Rafael Van der Vaart.
Before you say it I know he didn't really play centre midfield for us but fuck it he played everywhere and I had to put him in. What a buy and what a player. He showed what it really meant playing for spurs. Passion! Oh and shhhhhing infront of the scum. Love it.

Gareth Bale.
Greatest player I've every seen play for us. 25 goals in all competitions for us this season, not bad for a left back eh. He literally has everything, he can be whatever he likes and I just hope he stays with us for a little longer.

Robbie Keane.
Without doubt my favorite striker for spurs. He gave everything for spurs and Wolves, Coventry, Leeds, Inter, Liverpool, West Ham, Celtic, Aston Villla and now finally his boyhood club LA Galaxy. If there ever was a player that was worth 75 million its Robbie Keane. You cannot say he wasn't great for spurs, double scoring figures in 6 consecutive seasons, over 100 goals for spurs and he organises great Christmas parties. Doesn't he Harry ;)

Dimitar Berbatov.
I can't help but put him in. Yes he left like a cunt, but what I'll do to have a player like him for us upfront now. He made us look good.

I24I

etc, etc

Stevie Carr? Bloody Carr?

Don't you remember he left us for and I quote "A bigger club"
How'd that one work out for you Stephen? He can fuck off if he thinks he is getting in my favourite XI.

-------------------Robinson------------
Taricco-------King--------Dawson----Edman
--------------------Freund------------------
Lennon--------Zokora-----Sandro------Bale
------------------Sheringham-------------

Im going by pure likeability.

Honorable mentions to VDV, Gomes, and Poyet.

Stevie Carr? Bloody Carr?

Don't you remember he left us for and I quote "A bigger club"
How'd that one work out for you Stephen? He can fuck off if he thinks he is getting in my favourite XI.

-------------------Robinson------------
Taricco-------King--------Dawson----Edman
--------------------Freund------------------
Lennon--------Zokora-----Sandro------Bale
------------------Sheringham-------------

Im going by pure likeability.

Honorable mentions to VDV, Gomes, and Poyet.
one beat his wife, the other defends a racist.

Bloody hell. All of them engineered a move elsewhere to join a "bigger club" yet they are in your favourite XI?
Each to their own, I suppose.
There is no loyalty in modern football, imv - unless this is about some moral righteous circle jerk of who is least likely to put in a transfer request

They are great players and brought some fantastic moments to Spurs

one beat his wife, the other defends a racist.

Sorry, are we talking about Spurs here?
All I care about is if them guys had Tottenham running through their blood when they played 90 mins on the pitch for us.

And less of the "Beat" his wife. Its already been clarified it was a little slap across the cheek. No, im not defending him yada, yada. But it wasnt as if she was in intensive care for a week.

1.Jennings

2.Kinnear 5.King 6. Mabbutt 3. Knowles

8. Gascoigne 4. McKay 10.Hoddle 11. Bale

7. Berbatov 9. Greaves

12. Clemence

13. Carr

14. Gough

15. Mullery

16. Lineker

17. Klinsmann

18. Ginola

Gomes

Chimbonda Woodgate King BAE

Dembele Modric

Lennon VDV Bale

Berbatov

That is a Spursy team, unparralelled brilliance mixed with liability:ledleylick:
Purely as a spectator this moves me, trouser wise, in the front, front of my trousers :llorisserious:

1990/1 - 2012/3

1. Paul Robinson

2. Steven Carr
3. BAE
5. Jan Vertonghan
6. Gary Mabbutt

4. Sandro
8. Paul Gascoigne
7. Gareth Bale
11. David Ginola

9. Jurgen Klinsmann
10. Gary Lineker

12. Ledley King
13. Hugo Lloris
14. Dimitar Berbatov

Probably missed some obvious ones. Full backs were bloody difficult (shit)

--------------Robinson---------------
Carr------King-------Verts-------BAE
--------------Freund-----------------
-----Anderton-----------Gazza------
Bale---------Klinsmann--------Ginola

I'm a younger fan than all of you for me it's got to be..
Robinson
Assou Ekotto King Dawson LYP
Lennon Sandro Zakora Bale
Pavlyuchenko Defoe

(Pavlyuchenko - haters gonna hate)

Back
Top Bottom