Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By those that know him (reading on twitter since his death) he never once uttered the words "and why not". It came form a Rory Bremner impersonation of him which stuck, he then named his autobiography by the same phrase.
Yeh, wasn't it for a Spitting Image sketch ?

I doubt many of you will have heard of him but I was sorry to hear of the death this week, through suicide aged 54, of Stephen Tindale. A modern environmentalist, adviser to the first Blair government that did many great things for the environment, Stephen was CEO of Greenpeace for 5 years in the early 2000s and latterly an independent consultant to the energy industry. A strong climate change, and anti-fossil fuel, campaigner, he upset a lot of greenies by becoming pro-nuclear - a man who said what he believed in and wasn't afraid to challenge the orthodoxy.

And a passionate and knowledgeable Spurs fan, who talked football at every available opportunity.

While I think of it, another guy you won't had heard of, Sir Howard Dalton, also passed away way too young a few years back, this time of a heart attack, shortly after retiring as Defra's Chief Scientist - Howard also was a mad keen and lifelong Spurs fan. I remember discussing Martins Peters & Chivers with him.

I doubt many of you will have heard of him but I was sorry to hear of the death this week, through suicide aged 54, of Stephen Tindale. A modern environmentalist, adviser to the first Blair government that did many great things for the environment, Stephen was CEO of Greenpeace for 5 years in the early 2000s and latterly an independent consultant to the energy industry. A strong climate change, and anti-fossil fuel, campaigner, he upset a lot of greenies by becoming pro-nuclear - a man who said what he believed in and wasn't afraid to challenge the orthodoxy.

And a passionate and knowledgeable Spurs fan, who talked football at every available opportunity.

While I think of it, another guy you won't had heard of, Sir Howard Dalton, also passed away way too young a few years back, this time of a heart attack, shortly after retiring as Defra's Chief Scientist - Howard also was a mad keen and lifelong Spurs fan. I remember discussing Martins Peters & Chivers with him.
I used to follow Tindale on twitter, he used to tweet a lot about Spurs, had to stop following after a while though as he began filling up my timeline with politics.

Without wishing to brag (and yet somehow managing to do so)
I'm gonna make sure I'm wearing my Spurs top when I go into work with this guy next week!

CJynjF8UkAA7Bm1.jpg

#justsayin'

MAY THE FACERE BE WITH YOU!

(Blatant, I know... Sorry. But I couldn't help myself on this occasion!)
well impressed ....... but still remember him best as Richie Cunningham in "Happy Days"

Was sat just in front of Brucie, Peter Cook & Willie Thorne at that 1991 Cup Final...
A strange mix indeed... but 100% Yid nonetheless!

"Life, is the name of the game, and I wanna play the game with you!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom