FA Cup vs Wimbledon - Wembley - 07/01.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I predicted an optimistic 5-0.

First half, we were decent in terms of possession. No one played particularly poorly. We all know trippier doesn’t tend to take a man on but I was very dissapointed how often he passed the ball backwards. Lamela tried very hard, still not back to his best. Reckon it will take him a few games. Dembele was class, although it was only league one opposition.

Not a bad day at the office! I really want us to go for this competition this year. I know there’s so many good teams (minus Woolwich hahahaha) that could win it but we really need to win a trophy sooner rather than later, and this is the easiest one to win!

COYS

:tobyarm:

Agreed NN. Loads of unfamiliars around today however it was good to see a lot of kids in Spurs kits as our fanbase is about 55 years old on average. We got the job done, they had their little day out and i had a fair few ales.

Also good they got to see the likes of Kane playing as well. Todays brace moves him into 9th place above Sheringham on the spurs all time goalscorers list.

Agreed NN. Loads of unfamiliars around today however it was good to see a lot of kids in Spurs kits as our fanbase is about 55 years old on average. We got the job done, they had their little day out and i had a fair few ales.
Well the familiar brigade had plenty of opportunity to buy a fucking ticket...

I thought it was great today. Club Wembley did resemble more of a soft play waiting area but it was brilliant seeing so many families there. £30 for a family of four is excellent from the club, albeit the only crumb of decent value in a shockingly over priced season. There has to be space for kids at football. Too many miserable oldies taking all the tickets at the moment. No edge to our support for years now.

It's a strange one. There are those who subscribe to the idea that our support is better when the team is shit. Certainly true in the 1970's but these days we do seem to be a bit self entitled (none on here of course).

I thought it was great today. Club Wembley did resemble more of a soft play waiting area but it was brilliant seeing so many families there. £30 for a family of four is excellent from the club, albeit the only crumb of decent value in a shockingly over priced season. There has to be space for kids at football. Too many miserable oldies taking all the tickets at the moment. No edge to our support for years now.
Oy, not all us oldies are miserable moanies. :pochshock2::pochserious::sonpoint:

It's a strange one. There are those who subscribe to the idea that our support is better when the team is shit. Certainly true in the 1970's but these days we do seem to be a bit self entitled (none on here of course).
I think most of the core support were all there is the 1990s when it was shit. It’s why we’ve got the loyalty points to show for it. There is something of a false romance to that period. It was mainly dull, negative and shit both on and off the pitch. But our core support is also clearly getting on a bit. Away matches are not much of a laugh any more. Singing has died down. Humour lacking. We need to bring the kids through off the pitch. Hope new WHL enables that.

Oy, not all us oldies are miserable moanies. :pochshock2::pochserious::sonpoint:
Oh I am very much in that bracket! I also moan about modern day fans but for this match brought along my two young kids and wife. Really enjoyed a completely different experience and atmosphere to normal. But only as a one off. Anyone complaining about day trippers or kids at the match is totally missining the point of games like this for growing the fan base and the Tottenham family.

No you are right. We do seem more self entitled and that DOES include people on here, including me.
I was there during the 90’s inc the Gross years and I have to say the whole day was a better experience as it was all about the day/occasion and if we won it was a major bonus.
Now we are expecting to win every game and the day/occasion takes a back seat, it’s all about the result nowadays.
It’s not a bad thing it’s just how we have progressed.

I think most of the core support were all there is the 1990s when it was shit. It’s why we’ve got the loyalty points to show for it. There is something of a false romance to that period. It was mainly dull, negative and shit both on and off the pitch. But our core support is also clearly getting on a bit. Away matches are not much of a laugh any more. Singing has died down. Humour lacking. We need to bring the kids through off the pitch. Hope new WHL enables that.
Without doubt the best away days were a long long time ago. I mean you couldn't dodge the fare to Middlesbrough on the train hiding in the bog all the way there with a bottle of Dubonnet anymore can you?

Can't disagree with that. I was in my usual place in Club Wembley today. The crowd I normally watch with weren't there due to work commitments/holidays/honeymoons etc. So I was in the middle of 7 empty seats.

There were 3 families with about 6 kids in the row in front and in the second half 2 more sets joined them and sat either side of me. I was suddenly trapped in a proper middle class enclave, I got fekkin gentrified!

I am sure the Dads enjoyed their conversation about yesterdays rugby and their chat about work and that the Mums had fun taking selfies and snaps of the kids and posting them on the various social media forums. Well, until the mum next to me dropped her IPhone and cracked the glass :) was brand new apparently. The kids had a blast though and most of them knew more about Spurs than their Dads.

I fucked off and watched the last 10 minutes in the bar. I can poke up with the yuppies and their offspring for one or two games a season but I'm fucked if I want them in the South Stand next season thank you very much

Job done, never in doubt :). Thought it was a good professional performance by everyone. Good to see Erik and Victor put in a 90 minutes shift. I was impressed with Juan and Kyle, thought neither looked out of place. The first half was a bit hard going, but by the second half the gulf in class between both sides was pretty evident and we came out worthy winners. I sat in block 109 for a change instead of my usual club Wembley seat. Missed my half time champagne (!) and padded seat, but enjoyed the view, much better than I thought it would be. Was nice to catch up with a couple of guys I used to sit next to in the Paxton. Bloomin' cold though, took ages to thaw out, but treated myself to a nice cuppa and a blueberry muffin to celebrate. Hope we get a decent draw for the next round. COYS

Fucking BBC.

First things they talk about is how much we need to pay Harry, and whether he’ll stay at Spurs. Stupid cunts.
I'm sorry but that commentator on the BBC was horrendous: "Michelle Vorm got away with one there..." after he made a fantastic save to push some jammy shot on to the bar. Clueless.

Back
Top Bottom