FA Cup vs Wimbledon - Wembley - 07/01.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought MP got it just right today. Strong side (but not the strongest) with big guns on bench. Kyle and Juan both impressive and good omens for future. Only disappointment was Llorente. Expect him to hold up ball better and be a better header. Maybe not playing regularly doesn't suit him. Abiding memory - sitting in front row with a warming up Dier just in front of me and he joined in the applause for Jan's goal. Know it doesn't make for best atmosphere but i like seeing all those children there -our future fan base.

If someone cares to discuss the actual game. How did Foyht and Walker-Peters look?
Professional-ballroom-dancing.jpg

Regarding the unfamiliars and daytrippers, a little harsh considering these are people that actually turned up as opposed to STs who didn't.
Also, with the a new ground of 61,000 coming, who do you think will be filling it up?

They are all Spurs fans

Have them both?
Why not create a little healthy competition between Llorente and Janssen for cover. They both know they will never replace Kane maybe competing against each other may bring out the best?

Don't think there is enough games for two out and out striker backups - the excuse any reserve uses for a poor performance is a lack of match fitness, so that would just compound that issue.

I expected more from Llorente though, even just being a threat from corners would be a start.

Regarding the unfamiliars and daytrippers, a little harsh considering these are people that actually turned up as opposed to STs who didn't.
Also, with the a new ground of 61,000 coming, who do you think will be filling it up?

They are all Spurs fans

Didn't say they weren't and of course they are more than welcome but what gives them the right to start throwing their weight around? Surely they should try & fit in with the regulars not the other way around.

They are all Spurs fans
Totally agree, inverted snobbery from those calling fans at yesterday's game "daytrippers" - we all want spurs to progress, buy better players and win titles. So unless you want us to be owned by a Russian oligarch or middle eastern oil state, we need these fans to buy shirts with Harry kane's name on the back of it etc. Everyone would love to be a season ticket holder but it's not always possible - that's why there is a waiting list!!!!

Totally agree, inverted snobbery from those calling fans at yesterday's game "daytrippers" - we all want spurs to progress, buy better players and win titles. So unless you want us to be owned by a Russian oligarch or middle eastern oil state, we need these fans to buy shirts with Harry kane's name on the back of it etc. Everyone would love to be a season ticket holder but it's not always possible - that's why there is a waiting list!!!!

As i said above, my problem was not them being day-trippers but them dictating how the rest of us should watch the match.

There will be plenty of room for all types of fans at the new ground and for the sake of everybody's enjoyment they should be segregated.

Its a massive generalisation but in my view football supporters fall into two major types; the traditional working class fan and a growing middle class 'audience'. There are, of course, a lot of different sub groups to each of these divisions but the point is,with a bit of forethought and planning, they can all be made welcome at the ground .

The more vocal, beery and sweary types, such as myself, should be packed tightly into a massive standing room only area and given free beer so we can generate the atmosphere. The rest of the stadium can be given over to the new guys who can generate the revenue while waving their flags and perfumed hankies.

Throwing everyone in together is a recipe for the kind of unpleasantness that the spammers generated at the taxpayers stadium. Plenty of room for everyone at NWHL.

There will be plenty of room for all types of fans at the new ground and for the sake of everybody's enjoyment they should be segregated.

Its a massive generalisation but in my view football supporters fall into two major types; the traditional working class fan and a growing middle class 'audience'. There are, of course, a lot of different sub groups to each of these divisions but the point is,with a bit of forethought and planning, they can all be made welcome at the ground .

The more vocal, beery and sweary types, such as myself, should be packed tightly into a massive standing room only area and given free beer so we can generate the atmosphere. The rest of the stadium can be given over to the new guys who can generate the revenue while waving their flags and perfumed hankies.

Throwing everyone in together is a recipe for the kind of unpleasantness that the spammers generated at the taxpayers stadium. Plenty of room for everyone at NWHL.

You won me over on the free beer bit! :mong:

Didn't say they weren't and of course they are more than welcome but what gives them the right to start throwing their weight around? Surely they should try & fit in with the regulars not the other way around.

Yeah I hate that, I was moved yesterday for the extended away section, but remember loads of times at WHL at FA Cup games where non-ST fans would come in and have a go at everyone for doing / not doing something.

Surely the whole idea of being in a crowd is that you follow the overall mentality or subtlety try to change it, not wade in and alienate yourself.

Exactly.

Yeah I hate that, I was moved yesterday for the extended away section, but remember loads of times at WHL at FA Cup games where non-ST fans would come in and have a go at everyone for doing / not doing something.

Surely the whole idea of being in a crowd is that you follow the overall mentality or subtlety try to change it, not wade in and alienate yourself.

Agreed.

Only issue is you’ll still get the odd noisy bellend ST holder who’ll be giving a ton of stick to Alli or Eriksen for misplacing passes or not scoring. Still plenty of these about in the regulars section. When I take the kids I want them cheering on their heroes and not being sucked into the odd fans negativity. We need to be encouraging kids to go to marches, they are the future fan base after all. Whilst it’s weird there was more kids than usual yesterday it is important to get them coming back for more.

Back
Top Bottom