Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a look at the Rochdale forum and saw a couple of Spurs fans (from Spurs Community i think) have signed up.

One described TFC as 'un-moderated cluster fuck full if nutters'.

I think that is pretty spot on and should be adopted as the Forum motto.

Course, Newport have an ageing team and they aren't the force they were. Spurs may be breaking records but they haven't won anything and if Pochettino goes another season without a trophy, the top players will leave and Spurs will have had there best years.
All the European big guns will be circling and Spurs have always sold their best players, and have always been a sacking club. They run the club on a shoestring due to Levy being impossible to do business with, and all their injured players now hate the manager and want away.
However the player's market value has plummeted as they are all divers and cheats
They have huge debts with their new stadium, which won't be ready and if it is, will almost certainly fall down.
They may keep breaking attendance records, but it's not even at their own ground, and mostly due to giving new houses to local kids to attend.
The club is riven with divisions and everyone else hates them. They are Racist, sexist, ageist and homophobic, probably, and they have been proved to have organised the shooting of Bambi's mother.
The Premier League will be glad to see the back of them. If only they could be like Liverpool. . . . . Liverpool ... . . . .

I've been to the likes of Baku and Donetsk to watch Spurs, and done the Northern midweek away games in the rain etc, but I genuinely feel that games like this are the ones that require the most dedication. With those long Euro trips there is the novelty factor and the excitement of seeing a new country, plus you're on holiday. This, on the other hand, is a weakened team in a humdrum game we are expected to win, which will only provide a small amount of satisfaction if we do, and yet will be horrible if we don't, in a shit stadium with no atmosphere, in what's currently looking like being -3C. And from my seat in Wembley, (back of the lower tier, at the freezing cold end of the ground) I can barely see the other end- which we will be attacking in the second half.

But I'm Spurs, of course I'll fucking be there.

I had some Yanks students in front of me I quite like Yanks but these Really got on my tits. Laughing at everything being young and quite good looking then the cunts brought out blankets. Who the fuck brings blankets to a football match and why the fuck didn't I think of it.

Last edited:
Rochdale have cured the drainage issue at last....

27654832_1878483392164327_5623047955745338372_n.jpg

I don’t want to be negative but if we play like we did today against Woolwich, Rochdale could turn us over. It might have been good enough to cockslap the goons about, but Rochdale are a step up in class.

Last edited:
I think we should turn up, play the game and stop fucking moaning. It’s the FA Cup. If you get favourable draws against lower league opposition you play on shit pitches. Personally I’m pleased we’re not playing away on City’s perfect pitch. Have we ever looked more small time?

Was Whatsapping my dad during the game and for some reason he had me in stitches at the Lamela Free kick as the wall was being lined up, he just wrote this...

'I can’t believe the ref using the spray'
The spray on snow moment pretty much encapsulated the ref and VAR performance tonight, utterly fucking stupid.

Think of it this way, it's another game for Lucas Moura to get up to speed in the English game. Another game for Foyth to get experience. Another game for Toby to get match fit. Another game for Rose to push Davies. Another game for Winksy to get back up to speed. Another game against weak oppo is not the end of the world.

It could benefit our fringe players.

Finally home. Journey was shit both ways. For what it’s worth, my thoughts are:
- our 2nd string is solid but lacks quality in the final third.
- Moura could be a beautiful signing.
- Support was pretty decent and good humoured, even at the end.
- Rochdale was a great, friendly club with a decent support. It was quite sweet seeing how mental and made up they were at the end. Hope they sort out the league form.
- Pitch was fine: played well.
- Poch and the whole squad showed class after the match stopping to sign loads of autographs for kids and selfie wankers.
- I totally get why we started with who we did but I would have loved to see us start stronger and really assert ourselves more from the off.
- I had my own Llorente moment having managed to drop my car keys in a bush when I got home. Had to scrabble around in the dark like a blind idiot.

It has been a long time since I was so angry at half time.
It all ended well in the end but what a farce. Watched a lot of the 2nd half on Fox stream and their expert felt penalty was ok. Lost sight of the ball in the snow 2nd half making it difficult to follow.
With VAR you cannot celebrate a goal because it might be overruled. VAR seemed speeded up in 2nd half??
Thought sissoko had a good game and is a better holding player. Winks clearly not fit and needs a few matches with the development squad to get him fit. Good cameo from KWP. Llorente left me speechless. Why do they insist on pissing around with it at the back when the opposition press high.

That was the worst thing about VAR this evening.

I genuinely couldn’t celebrate our goals. We’d score and the camera would immediately cut to Fuckface McWhistle with his hand to his headset.

After Lamela’s perfectly legitimate goal was ruled out, I spent the whole game wondering what bullshit reason they’d use to deny us a goal. Too Korean? Improper technique for chipping a keeper? Bringing the game into disrepute by smiling after scoring? Too many Ls in your surname?

Utter, utter farce.

Back
Top Bottom