Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It has been a long time since I was so angry at half time.
It all ended well in the end but what a farce. Watched a lot of the 2nd half on Fox stream and their expert felt penalty was ok. Lost sight of the ball in the snow 2nd half making it difficult to follow.
With VAR you cannot celebrate a goal because it might be overruled. VAR seemed speeded up in 2nd half??
Thought sissoko had a good game and is a better holding player. Winks clearly not fit and needs a few matches with the development squad to get him fit. Good cameo from KWP. Llorente left me speechless. Why do they insist on pissing around with it at the back when the opposition press high.

That was the worst thing about VAR this evening.

I genuinely couldn’t celebrate our goals. We’d score and the camera would immediately cut to Fuckface McWhistle with his hand to his headset.

After Lamela’s perfectly legitimate goal was ruled out, I spent the whole game wondering what bullshit reason they’d use to deny us a goal. Too Korean? Improper technique for chipping a keeper? Bringing the game into disrepute by smiling after scoring? Too many Ls in your surname?

Utter, utter farce.

And I haven’t been aggressive towards him in the slightest. Just stating that if I was an opposition fan of a team we had just beaten I would be about as far away from this site as I could get, go on a Rochdale forum
Me too. But it takes different strokes for different folks

Just like to think we as a club and fan base have some class

If the Rochdale players put that amount of effort in every week, they wouldn’t be about to get relegated. And if their fans turned up for league games they would have more money. Strange club.

That was the worst thing about VAR this evening.

I genuinely couldn’t celebrate our goals. We’d score and the camera would immediately cut to Fuckface McWhistle with his hand to his headset.

After Lamela’s perfectly legitimate goal was ruled out, I spent the whole game wondering what bullshit reason they’d use to deny us a goal. Too Korean? Improper technique for chipping a keeper? Bringing the game into disrepute by smiling after scoring? Too many Ls in your surname?

Utter, utter farce.

Clearly a fan of the anti-Lamela brigade :lamelaaghh:

Rochdale manager seems like a pretty classy bloke:

"The first half was special. Tottenham are a marvellous and exceptional side and I hope they go on to win the FA Cup. In no shape or form am I embarrassed about the way they [his players] took them on. Let's be proud about what we tried to achieve.

"It's not often you get an opportunity to pit your wits against a special side. We will miss it this week but we look forward to the league games.

"It was confusing. Now I have been a part of what VAR is, I feel sorry for the referee. I think the decisions need to be explained to the crowd. The visuals need to be used better.

"I hope that eventually they explain it to the supporters."

I had some Yanks students in front of me I quite like Yanks but these Really got on my tits. Laughing at everything being young and quite good looking then the cunts brought out blankets. Who the fuck brings blankets to a football match and why the fuck didn't I think of it.

Last edited:
_100225257_gettyimages-925548174.jpg

Very happy for him, it was tough to watch him struggle so much. Would be so lovely if he kept scoring all the way to the trophy.

I had some Yanks students in front of me I quite like Yanks but these Really got on my tits. Laughing at everything being young and quite good looking then the cunts brought out blankets. Who the fuck bring blankets to a football match and why the fuck didn't I think of it.
So what you are saying is they made you feel horny and wouldn't let you join them under their blanket?:ledleylick:

Deleted
My math is terrible
But I’m pissed
1 thing that struck me was, having not played that much together, was the way Lucas,Lamela and Son linked up for one of the goals, looks very promising.
Although they probably won't get many minutes together considering Dele, Ericksen are starters.

Back
Top Bottom