FA CUP 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be nice for Brighton to get revenge for the 1983 FA Cup final. I guess Leicester could beat Chavs if they’re really up for it.

:avbpray:

If it were Paul Daniels I would worry, one because his a magician and the other because he's dead?

I understand that pundit pulling the balls, would have to be in on it - thats magic.
I know it’s hard to believe that someone like Michael Owen would cheat or be duped.:pochsmirk:
I’m not accusing him of doing it, or do I believe the draw is fixed. (Although I’m really suspicious about the FIFA eggs)
But it’s open to manipulation and accusation and there’s no need.
Michael can still flick the switch of the machine and smile. :) a machine would also be more stimulating to watch :levywhoa:
English football is not above such things. To think so is naive.

After seeing the draw...
giphy.gif

Some are suggesting a fix, how can the draw be controlled?
I don't go in for the 'fix' theory personally... but I'd imagine that the only way to do so would be to heat up the balls representing the 'big' teams and then proceed to avoid picking up two 'warm' balls together when making the draw - hence producing a set of fixtures like those we got.

Only way to try nailing them for that would be to zoom in on Owen's hand as he picks up each ball and see if he looks to deliberately move his hand away from any of them.

That wasn't actually Michael Owen or Shay Given doing the draw but android versions of them. The technology isn't there yet to imitate actual personalities so they create android versions of people without much personality. Another tell tale sign was the android Michael Owen's inability to untie the knot in the bag as the dexterity of android hands doesn't match real ones yet. They can fit scanners into the android hands to select the correct balls to make sure the big clubs avoid each other.

Just so I’m sure I understand this...

If we beat Rochdale we’ll play Wednesday or Swansea, and if we beat Wednesday or Swansea we’ll probably play either Leicester, Chelsea, United, or the Sheik Mansour team, but possibly Brighton, Wigan, or Southampton.

:pochshock:

Whoever pulls us will cry foul over us playing a semi at Wembley

Assuming, of course that we make it past Rochdale and the winners of the other tie
Actually think that whilst a season at Wembley has hit our league chances, long run that level of famiarity with the stadium should be good for our team in cup comps. I hope anyway!

I don't go in for the 'fix' theory personally... but I'd imagine that the only way to do so would be to heat up the balls representing the 'big' teams and then proceed to avoid picking up two 'warm' balls together when making the draw - hence producing a set of fixtures like those we got.

Only way to try nailing them for that would be to zoom in on Owen's hand as he picks up each ball and see if he looks to deliberately move his hand away from any of them.

It’s easy. The balls for the big teams have a small raised pimple or protrusion, and after the first ball is drawn it’s a piece of piss to do. That’s why they spend so much time fiddling about with the bloody things whilst looking away innocently.

Yeah I know it’s a bit

But that’s how they do it. Besides, the balls would have gone cold before the shit goblin managed to open the bag.

Nah, City v Wigan is on Monday.
Sorry, I meant the quarters (should we get there)
Have really dropped a bollock by persuading the missus to treat me to Newcastle on 16th March & a hotel next to Wembley, for my birthday. Hotel is non refundable so it’s looking like we will be stuck there with no fucking match & two tickets for a rescheduled fixture that we probably won’t be able to go to.
:walker-scream:

Sorry, I meant the quarters (should we get there)
Have really dropped a bollock by persuading the missus to treat me to Newcastle on 16th March & a hotel next to Wembley, for my birthday. Hotel is non refundable so it’s looking like we will be stuck there with no fucking match & two tickets for a rescheduled fixture that we probably won’t be able to go to.
:walker-scream:
Tough titty my shandy drinking chum, but I wholeheartedly applaud your ambition. Decent missus too by the sound of it.

Tough titty my shandy drinking chum, but I wholeheartedly applaud your ambition. Decent missus too by the sound of it.
She’s not bad at all. Sadly I think that my having royally fucked this one up, it will be a long time before she agrees to cough up again for tickets & a hotel for THFC...birthday or not.

If the draws were consistently rigged, a statto would be able to quite clearly see evidence of it in big clubs getting tricky ties less often than they should on random chance. I don't believe that's the case.

I know it’s hard to believe that someone like Michael Owen would cheat or be duped.:pochsmirk:
I’m not accusing him of doing it, or do I believe the draw is fixed. (Although I’m really suspicious about the FIFA eggs)
But it’s open to manipulation and accusation and there’s no need.
Michael can still flick the switch of the machine and smile. :) a machine would also be more stimulating to watch :levywhoa:
English football is not above such things. To think so is naive.
The Lottery had its problems of controlling the draw. Read this many years ago. The comoany who ran it was questioned about two incidents. I wish i could find the story.

It’s easy. The balls for the big teams have a small raised pimple or protrusion, and after the first ball is drawn it’s a piece of piss to do. That’s why they spend so much time fiddling about with the bloody things whilst looking away innocently.

Yeah I know it’s a bit

But that’s how they do it. Besides, the balls would have gone cold before the shit goblin managed to open the bag.
Weights inside the balls- off setting the balance, flick with fingers you can identify certain balls.. I like the pimple idea.

Back
Top Bottom