FA CUP 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was it really as intimidating and claustrophobic as people say?

I read somewhere that away fans had to walk down a narrow lane and ususlly got pelted with bricks, bottles by millwall whilst walking down it? Any truth in that?

I only went once which was late 80's early 90/s only a young pup at the time and had little fear. Didn't see any bricks but it was certainly hostile and remember the welcoming committee. the stories i've heard since then certainly back up the theory of bottles etc being thrown. It was always seen as a challenge to make that walk.

I went to the infamous friendly at the new den in 2001.. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have a friendly against Millwall must have been high on crack..
This is why they promised to get revenge last year. No doubt it will be the same again if they get through. ( and us for that matter)

I read somewhere that away fans had to walk down a narrow lane and ususlly got pelted with bricks, bottles by millwall whilst walking down it? Any truth in that?
Their firm is mainly are hard as nails . I have renovated ( last one 8 years ago) a few houses and used a builder mate originally from Waterloo. He knows the hierarchy as they all grew up together and had quite a few helping us out on a few houses . Over the years they have mainly moved out to North Kent "white flight " 99% white with a few Turks.
There are ok ,one to one but listening to their stories it's quite unbelievable what they got up to and something l have no time for. There is a lot myth and this lot would leave the petty stuff to the younger nutters such as throwing a few bottles at Leeds on their approach to the ground or meeting them at London Bridge.
Yes they are notorious but time is catching them up.
(Tradition goes back to the 70s and earlier with F troop, surgical boys , Harry the dog , all rather comical in a bizarre way)

So when we expecting this board to get flooded with angry, racist hard lads from the mighty Millwall then?

To make it more bearable we can play HooliBingo...

gQXIN9v.jpg

Did,you ever go to the old den?? That was an experience..
Yep spurs murdered them and they clapped gazza of

Went millwall away in 89 we won 5_0 it wasn't that lairy. It was a proper shit pit though

surgical boys

The Treatment. When I look at that documentary from the 70s I am always amused how ridiculous they look.

I do agree though, anyone that takes Wall lightly would come unstuck very quickly.

Their reputation is well earned but there have been a one or two firms take a few liberties over there in recent years which would rarely happen in days gone by. That said you know they will bring anyone that can stand up out of retirement for us.

The Treatment. When I look at that documentary from the 70s I am always amused how ridiculous they look.

I do agree though, anyone that takes Wall lightly would come unstuck very quickly.

Their reputation is well earned but there have been a one or two firms take a few liberties over there in recent years which would rarely happen in days gone by. That said you know they will bring anyone that can send up out of retirement for us.

That's it the treatment.. Couldn't think of their name.. I believe their leader was Dr Death..Not too cringy.

It's more convincing if you did a youtube video wearing a hood with eye holes cut into it. If you could do that in a strange South African accent, I think they would shit themselves.
I can ask a friend to send me a picture of a platoon of 30 men armed with M4s and machine guns. Let’s see how ‘ard are they

On a serious note, I don’t usually ask but if anyone has a lead for a ticket please PM. Last time some of their mob suggested on FB that I need to inhale some gas in a chamber, would love to see those lot in person

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom