Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i0hjKKoQ4PAlP.gif

even if they did finish above us what difference does it make? Last season we all know why we missed out, this season our form has been juddering due to key injuries. Must be galling knowing that finishing above us or below us depends entirely on the goings on at Spurs rather than being good enough to put it to rest themselves.

I still believe. They only dominate teams that roll over. Look at the first 20 minutes against Swansea or the last 20 minutes yesterday. Put pressure on that team and they panic. Everton have a fresh and rested Fellaini and Pienaar for that game, 3 matches against teams scrapping to avoid the drop, a tough trip to Craven Cottage and a game that could see the title decided against Utd. I have serious doubts that they will come through those unscathed.

Precisely, Woolwich haven't suddenly become some sort of globe striding point gathering machine of death.

Anyone notice Evertons new defensive technique.

Like the likes of Stoke before them where negative play against the spirit of the rules, because its "them" it seems to be allowed.

Obstruction. Deliberate and tactical obstruction. Well done Moyes, a new low.

The referee and lines people were more than accommodating as well.

How we had the same number of bookings as them is a fucking joke.

The referee and lines people were more than accommodating as well.

How we had the same number of bookings as them is a fucking joke.

Because its Everton. Just as Everton are allowed to elbow and kick and niggle, its expected of them and so somehow accepted.

Disgraceful.

Shocking way to choose to play as well, IMO. They have some decent players now, the old excuse of "its all we can do" no longer fits. The purposefully set out to play like cunts and niggle their way to wins, why would any choose that instead of, I dont know, playing good football?

The idea that Moyes could replace Ferguson is beyond laughable. Could you imagine United putting 10 men behind the ball and wasting time at all possible moments from 55 minutes onwards? Incredible. Referee was awful as well.

Shocking way to choose to play as well, IMO. They have some decent players now, the old excuse of "its all we can do" no longer fits. The purposefully set out to play like cunts and niggle their way to wins, why would any choose that instead of, I dont know, playing good football?

I'm glad the Stoke fans are finally getting sick of Pullis' way of playing, at the end of the day no one wants to watch that kind of shit.

Because its Everton. Just as Everton are allowed to elbow and kick and niggle, its expected of them and so somehow accepted.

Disgraceful.

Hopefully a tactic they employ against the scum. They don't like it up 'em. Agree totally though it's a bullshit tactic from any club let alone a side in the mix for European placings

Like the likes of Stoke before them where negative play against the spirit of the rules, because its "them" it seems to be allowed.

I think Moyes is fucking amazing. I have no idea how he gets so much out of such a shite bunch of players every season. Only Baines would get near our team, yet they are snapping at our ankles.

They may not be pretty, but they are effective.

maybe not, but the greatest trick they ever pulled, was convincing the rest of football that they are!

Kinda works two fold though. The fickle melters that were calling for Wenger's head and lambasting their playing staff have short term memories, fill their heads with hopes for next season, no improvements are made and each season their struggle becomes that little bit tougher. It's getting perilously close to the Pool boom bust cycle

Don't get me started about the handling in the box in the 2nd half.

Depressing.

Back on topic - Dembele and Parker and Siggy and Ade were fouled so much, it was a comedy to watch. Some of it almost equaled how Stoke just clotheslined Modric several times last year, without a single look at the ball, I recall Shawcross just running out of the back 4 to grap Luka with both arms all while Foy just stood there, 3 yards away.

Today was not as grotesque, but it felt as bad.

From the BBC twatter thing:
Iain via text: "Andros Townsend really is blossoming into a really good player. Always offers a threat and plays the ball intelligently. Not afraid to track back either. Spurs could do with him now."

Hmmmm.... Fucking window has fucked us in AND out!

I'm glad the Stoke fans are finally getting sick of Pullis' way of playing, at the end of the day no one wants to watch that kind of shit.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy as well because the only way to improve and to attract better quality players is to increase your revenues so you can pay players more money........the easiest way to do that is to attract more fans who will in turn pay more to watch you play.

Everton can't work out why they are always broke.........

Good performance all things considered. Lots of positives, deserved a win but I'll settle for a point.

Very disappointed by the 'you don't know what you're doing' chants though. Feeds my fear that there are people out there that are just waiting for us to go wrong, so that they can revel in being 'right'.

Some of our fans are absolute cunts.

:balesnarl:

Back
Top Bottom