Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iFb7w0WQmlTPq.gif

Can't see us getting Top 4 unless Woolwich drop points. Which by looking at there fixture list I can't see. They've already picked max points from Swansea and West brom away recently which we needed them to fuck up.

What we really needed was to win our home matches against Fulham and Everton. I've always felt that we have to rely on ourselves, instead of results elsewhere, to get the job done. Clearly, we just can't keep it up when it's crunch time.

The referee and lines people were more than accommodating as well.

How we had the same number of bookings as them is a fucking joke.

Because its Everton. Just as Everton are allowed to elbow and kick and niggle, its expected of them and so somehow accepted.

Disgraceful.

Shocking way to choose to play as well, IMO. They have some decent players now, the old excuse of "its all we can do" no longer fits. The purposefully set out to play like cunts and niggle their way to wins, why would any choose that instead of, I dont know, playing good football?

Anyone notice Evertons new defensive technique.

Like the likes of Stoke before them where negative play against the spirit of the rules, because its "them" it seems to be allowed.

Obstruction. Deliberate and tactical obstruction. Well done Moyes, a new low.
I think Moyes is fucking amazing. I have no idea how he gets so much out of such a shite bunch of players every season. Only Baines would get near our team, yet they are snapping at our ankles.

They may not be pretty, but they are effective.

Still baffled as to why Vertonghen started on the left when him and Dawson have formed one of the best centre back partnerships in the league over the last couple of months but happy with a point with the way the match went. More confident we can get a couple of needed goals in Basel now.

Bring on Citeh!
To counter Everton's long ball game, that's all they came with today and AVB knew it.

This is where tactics vs square pegs in square holes comes into play.

I think AVB struggles to do the simple thing when he is faced with injuries. The Basle game was fucking calamity hour.

Agreed, but starting Vertonghen today was nothing to do with injuries though - BAE was on the bench and it was clearly a tactical decision.

The problem here is that our ball winning midfielder (Parker) cant win a 50/50 long ball to save his life (see Mirallas goal) and doesnt cover enough ground to challenge for them before they bounce. Parker is a good tackler when they already have possession but he just doesnt give the center halfs enough coverage. Dembele, for all his gifts, is not a defensive midfielder either.

I would start playing Vert as a holding defensive midfielder in front of the defense. Only play Walker when the other team doesnt have a great left attacker.

Also, our marking on set pieces is shambolic. WTF

I thought Walker played very well today. I thought today was the best game Walker has played in a while now. Vertonghen consideres himself a CB and chose us over Woolwich because he didn't want to play DM.

Back
Top Bottom