Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good performance all things considered. Lots of positives, deserved a win but I'll settle for a point.

Very disappointed by the 'you don't know what you're doing' chants though. Feeds my fear that there are people out there that are just waiting for us to go wrong, so that they can revel in being 'right'.

Some of our fans are absolute cunts.

:balesnarl:

Those were directed at the referee

Hopefully, but doesnt that feed into the theory that we are a "one man team". If the players lost focus the last three months because they assumed Bale would take care of it, we have problems.

Im not so sure its their focus, but their ability (talking about Dempsey, Holtby and Siggy). And Ade needs support from the crowd, which he isnt getting.

I dont see AVB as a manager who makes simple changes to deal with injuries either. Hope Im wrong obviously, but just dont share the enthusiasm that losing our two most important players at this stage, is going to have an a good affect and kickstart our season.

Yeah, AVB's a shit manager. That's why we're third in the table at this stage of what we shouldn't forget is a very transitional season. Take your prozac before you self-harm.

:goonermong:

Despite the woeful ref it was a pretty decent performance from our weakened side and I will certainly take a draw. If Chelsea drop points it's still in our hands, especially since we play them. Finishing above the goons is of course preferable but let's just focus on our team.

Also, booing, entitled fans give me your tickets, thanks.

Anyone notice Evertons new defensive technique.

Like the likes of Stoke before them where negative play against the spirit of the rules, because its "them" it seems to be allowed.

Obstruction. Deliberate and tactical obstruction. Well done Moyes, a new low.

You never know, he could step up for the rest of the season. Bit of confidence will do him the world of good, whats that now 3 goals in 4 games?

Definitely down to confidence, if half the twats in the crowd realise this now and actually encourage him rather than booing then we've got half a chance of winning some of the remaining games.

I feel pretty optimistic for top 4 at the moment.
As long as we don't lose to Chelsea I think we will be OK. They still have Liverpool and United away, local derby against Fulham away and also Villa away who are hitting a bit of form. Everton home last day of the season won't be easy either.
They also have a trip to Russia and most likely 2 semi final games in the EL, plus the FA cup too.

Surely they will struggle with the amount of games they have.

We on the other hand, have a break after Thursday with key players coming back. Hopefully a fresh full squad for the final 6 games.

:avbpray:

I wouldn't mind putting Walker on the wing but I don't think it's our best option. I think our best option is to condense the pitch. Putting Siggy and Holtby on the wings allowing them to cut in is our best option.
Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vert - Bae
Parker - Dembele
Holtby - Dempsey - Siggy
Ade

.................Ade...............
.............Dempsey............
Siggy.........Carroll..............Dembele
..............Parker......................
BAE....Vert.....Dawson........Walker
..............Lloris................

Personally, Id swap Ade and Lloris.

Nice touch putting Vertonghen up front though, and pushing the full backs up.

Also, not sure if Dawson can play the highline that far up.

Back
Top Bottom