Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be a bit messed up if you could recall, leaving the other team with no options to replace the player. Shit, City would've been able to do that to us last year with Ade.
there is no difference between recalling a player from a Premier League club and a club lower down the league, is my point. No options to replace the player is part and parcel of a loan arrangement in my estimation; you borrow a player for a duration of the season upon the understanding that player could return to their parent club should the need arise - hence the parent club contribute to his wages.

there is no difference between recalling a player from a Premier League club and a club lower down the league, is my point. No options to replace the player is part and parcel of a loan arrangement in my estimation; you borrow a player for a duration of the season upon the understanding that player could return to their parent club should the need arise - hence the parent club contribute to his wages.
Not how it works... If the loaning club pays a fee to loan him (not wages, they are excluded and can be payed by which ever club) then the parent club are unable to recall said player no matter the level of the 'purchasing' club. As long as money changes hands to be allowed the right to use a player there's no reneging of the deal unless you pay a pretty hefty penalty afaik

I think the difference is that by moving loan players around as you please, in the league you're competing in, could be exploited to unfair advantage.

Not sure how, I haven't thought it through, but I'm sure there'd be something along those lines...

True, but I referred to his average level over the season.
:naughton:
Naughton.jpg

:walkerwtf:
Walker.jpg

:bae:
Benoit.jpg
©whoscored.com

I think the difference is that by moving loan players around as you please, in the league you're competing in, could be exploited to unfair advantage.

Not sure how, I haven't thought it through, but I'm sure there'd be something along those lines...

For example, Man City see we need a striker, they loan us Adebayor. Then at the end of the season, it's us and them battling for fourth place. Defoe is injured, they recall their striker, leaving us well and truly fucked. I mean, it could leave a team facing relegation or whatever in the same plight. I think it's sensible you can't just recall the player whenever you like.

But yeah, I didn't realise that's how it works if you've loaned to a football league club? I mean, that's still messed up when you think about it.

Exactly. He missed the first chance, puts in the second, and missing the first chance is the talking point!?
I'm happy he scored, but he's making a massive habit of missing the first chance, and we don't always get a second.
Some people like to make out like it's not his fault he's not scoring because he runs the channels instead, but he regularly has very solid goal scoring opportunities that he's simply not putting away.

I'm happy he scored, but he's making a massive habit of missing the first chance, and we don't always get a second.
Some people like to make out like it's not his fault he's not scoring because he runs the channels instead, but he regularly has very solid goal scoring opportunities that he's simply not putting away.

The form and frame of mind he's in, I'll take anything he puts away without complaining. Hopefully he'll grow from there..

Still, he scored, no? Isn't that what matters?
Seriously, there's no pleasing you guys.
no there wont be until the streak of piss is gone!.. he an appalling player.
I cannot see how you or anyone can give the fucker anymore leeway whatsoever .. how we can be third in the league with this arsehole leading the line gives credit to the other 10 spurs players covering for his non game time after time!
I've seen some shite forwards in my time watching spurs, moores, lee etc etc.. but at least they tried..
the man is a stain on the shirt.
I've never booe'd a spurs player in my life & never will but this wanker tests your will to extremes.

Hopefully, but doesnt that feed into the theory that we are a "one man team". If the players lost focus the last three months because they assumed Bale would take care of it, we have problems.

Im not so sure its their focus, but their ability (talking about Dempsey, Holtby and Siggy). And Ade needs support from the crowd, which he isnt getting.

I dont see AVB as a manager who makes simple changes to deal with injuries either. Hope Im wrong obviously, but just dont share the enthusiasm that losing our two most important players at this stage, is going to have an a good affect and kickstart our season.

Hopefully, but doesnt that feed into the theory that we are a "one man team". If the players lost focus the last three months because they assumed Bale would take care of it, we have problems.

Im not so sure its their focus, but their ability (talking about Dempsey, Holtby and Siggy). And Ade needs support from the crowd, which he isnt getting.

I dont see AVB as a manager who makes simple changes to deal with injuries either. Hope Im wrong obviously, but just dont share the enthusiasm that losing our two most important players at this stage, is going to have an a good affect and kickstart our season.

Yeah, AVB's a shit manager. That's why we're third in the table at this stage of what we shouldn't forget is a very transitional season. Take your prozac before you self-harm.

:goonermong:

I agree with adebayor needing more support from the crowd. Everyone just wants to call him a cunt and leave him in no doubt how shit he is. Hardly motivational. He played great last season and during that time he talked about how we had taken him in, sung his name, etc. he was clearly enjoying his time here and the effect of his positive mentality on his performances is pretty clear. Never mind, I'm probably just being an uber positive cunt :ade:

Back
Top Bottom