European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Watching Gary Neville continually troll us makes me want to join the ESL. Sky Sports now seems little more than full time Spurs Trolling channel. Fuck 'em.

I know, always ex-United as well. Is it because we don't happily sell our best player to them every season?

Sure, we haven't been great to watch under Jose but under Poch we played better football than United did during that period. In a year or two we could be better to watch than them once more.

Neville is such a fucking hypocrite, he'd be happy for United and Liverpool to contest the PL title each season.

I was amazed at how many people believed it the second they saw it.

Was about to offer up my mansions in Africa.

Especially when you know Jose would step over his own mother to get the publicity that this will get him.

No way he opposes this unless it is because he isn't a part of it. He would be the first one lining up to be a apart of it if they let him.

That poll is biased. It only asks UK fans.

What about foreign fans?
the reason this is happening is because of foreign fans you tit. So Americans "get sawccer" and they can make a bigger, guaranteed, buck off the middle East and China.

The club has shown zero disregard for the community of Tottenham, which if you ever actually walked through, has nothing but Tottenham Hotspur. Tottenham is not a rich area of London and half the neighbourhood was knocked down because of Tottenham Hotspur.

I am certainly not a UK fan and the reason I watch the European Leagues is because of relegation and promotion.

Throw the book at us. Point deductions, fines, relegation, bans.

It's interesting that Sky as a corporation, actually now owned by the American media conglomerate Comcast (as I understand it), doesn't seem to have sent a memo down to their anchors & presenters as to how to cover this.
Sky (Comcast) management have not been shrinking violets in the recent past about laying down the corporate line,
Given Sky/Comcast would be a major player in the TV rights deal for the ESL, if it happened, this may suggest that the Gang of Twelve have not had advanced discussions with the broadcasters yet.

Watching Gary Neville continually troll us makes me want to join the ESL. Sky Sports now seems little more than full time Spurs Trolling channel. Fuck 'em.
Yeah but is he wrong? We are not elite. Levy just wanted us in because that's been his long term goal all along. Take us from a local club to a world brand. Make more money.

The problem will be. If you're not through their firat round in the ESL, they haven't anyrhing to play for if they are like us, dighring for top 4. Doesn't mean anything.

So much for Klopp walking out haha.

He has bought into the idea.

Great news.
Live footage of him on the phone with Liverpool's ownership...
Animated GIF

I guess you've only just woken up and haven't yet switched on the radio, TV, or opened any other websites, or threads on this site?
You guessed correct.

I was going through the pages on this thread so hadn't flicked over to the Jose one.

I was also in meetings at work, until my phone started buzzing.

I waited to say #sackJose until it was confirmed 😂

It's interesting that Sky as a corporation, actually now owned by the American media conglomerate Comcast (as I understand it), doesn't seem to have sent a memo down to their anchors & presenters as to how to cover this.
Sky (Comcast) management have not been shrinking violets in the recent past about laying down the corporate line,
Given Sky/Comcast would be a major player in the TV rights deal for the ESL, if it happened, this may suggest that the Gang of Twelve have not had advanced discussions with the broadcasters yet.
Unless they have already for a streaming deal in place. JP Morgan would never finance a league that doesn't have broadcasters lined up. That would just make the ESL like the XFL.

My bet is a packaged internet deal, single games, packages, single team, ppv. Amazon night be making moves and their foray in to the EPL was just a test

No, this has apparently been in the works for a solid 18 months and it was just accelerated because of the breakdown of agreement between UEFA and the new CL format.

Ps. Agnelli and glazer are both cunts from what I heard worked the inside as long as possible before bailing.

Watching him doing his best Che Guevara routine trying to instigate a people's revolution over this is most amusing.

You almost forget he's a multi-millionaire Sky employee who remained pretty quiet about the Glazer's ownership for years.

dumb question - do you think our players were aware of this hence their lack of motivation/attitude issues? i mean, if this was in the works for 12-18 months, then a lot of it makes sense. if we were going to be guaranteed a spot regardless of how shit we were then wtf was the point.

This comment is complete BS as well.

I see that the "cool" thing now is for NA football fans to talk about how terrible US sports are. That may be their opinion which is fine, but the sweeping generalizations are ridiculous.
People refer to the goons as Woolwich because they moved from there and it is a despised idea that teams move locations. Loads of American teams move. Trying to understand the basketball leagues is fucking impossible.

Back
Top Bottom