Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he league table and performances back it up . dier is shit. end of.

But it won't be the end of. You are just as obsessed as the other guy and you will be trolling again about Dier, my guess is before the day is out.

My obsession isn't with Dier. it's with the last few fans who think he's fit for purpose.
He's done at Spurs, that's great. What I and everyone else is struggling with, is how you consistently refer to him as a good/excellent footballer. He's nothing of the sort.

WTaF are you yapping on about 5-2-0 ??

Dier is shit.
Spurs are worse when he plays.
You're a fucking troll.

ALL of those decisions would fall on their arse if Dier was starting games. Dier is a passive pedestrian and no one else in our ideal best 11 is anything like a passive pedestrian.
No matter how well the rest play, we'd always be running up hill trying to recover from the dipshit mistakes that happen when your "senior" CB backs off and points, hoping he can distract the oppo player into giving him the ball for nothing.

hes one of the muppets that thought winks was sufficient, hes not even a clever wind up merchant is he. apparently they are top 4 quality because they got dragged along for the ride! moron

He's barely even a great athlete.

So you think the only people who are allowed to judge talent are talented players?

Wow, you best go and put all the scouts all over the world who didn't play out of a job. Maybe replace them all with the Diers and Sanchez's of the world.
zoom-front-1023399-420x420

But the bile spewed towards him is quite frankly a load of bollocks.
The guy is Spurs. He's been Spurs for a massive majority of his professional life.
But keyboard warriors chucking round the hate like they could do better comes across as pathetic.
Of course people can criticise. Of course they can have an opinion. But all people need to do is keep it civil and in perspective.

Dier had the talent to make it to the top of the game. He didn't cheat his way there. He didn't cower his way through.

Unfortunately some on here seem to always have a need to pick one of our own to denigrate. Its not a good look.
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

No. I'm thinking that people on a forum shouldn't have such hate for one of their own players.

He isn't good enough for us anymore. Most people know it.

The guy is Spurs. He's been Spurs for a massive majority of his professional life.

We've moved on and he will need to move to get regular football.

But keyboard warriors chucking round the hate like they could do better comes across as pathetic.

Of course people can criticise. Of course they can have an opinion. But all people need to do is keep it civil and in perspective.

Dier had the talent to make it to the top of the game. He didn't cheat his way there. He didn't cower his way through.

Unfortunately some on here seem to always have a need to pick one of our own to denigrate. Its not a good look.

Every year there's a thread like this, last year it was Winks and Hojbjerg, when Dier leaves it will probably transfer to Rich (if he's still around) There's always a player that the fans feel comfort in scapegoating and abusing.

File this one under Misery loves Company and the fact that people have sad and pathetic lives that they they need to make themselves feel better by throwing abuse at our own, it is what it is.

Every year there's a thread like this, last year it was Winks and Hojbjerg, when Dier leaves it will probably transfer to Rich (if he's still around) There's always a player that the fans feel comfort in scapegoating and abusing.

File this one under Misery loves Company and the fact that people have sad and pathetic lives that they they need to make themselves feel better by throwing abuse at our own, it is what it is.
Yep.
I put the Winks thread on ignore and I am now gonna put the Dier thread on ignore until or if he actually plays any more minutes for us.

Sad that "supporters" like these exist

There's a difference between observing sub par performances

and being part of a toxic race to see who can come up with the most obnoxious comment about how poor these people are.

Isn't it strange that the usual suspects in this race to the bottom fail to recognise just how shit they look in doing it.

Or maybe it isn't.........

Wow.
Sorry for responding to your pathetic message. I did not know I was interacting with mentally retarded person.

Good job getting access to internet in your institution.
Was this reply result of whole ward putting heads together or did the nurse also support in this, what can I only assume being biggest effort of your week, post together?

Its a shame about your condition, and your projecting your own lack of faculties on others.

Cry yourself to sleep in a corner, maybe someone will find you.

Go back far enough and Kyle Walker was a liability, Danny Rose the same, Moussa Dembele was never going to be consistent enough for us… The list goes on…

And this is not just the views of the occasional ‘rogue’ poster.

This place loves a scapegoat, it is also not very good at spotting a person that is good at playing football.

No. I'm thinking that people on a forum shouldn't have such hate for one of their own players.

He isn't good enough for us anymore. Most people know it.

We've moved on and he will need to move to get regular football.

Sadly, his ascent to "being Spurs" coincides with the demise of the best Spurs team for some time.
It's not a coincidence that the less we see of Dier, Davies, Winks, Sessegnon, Moura, Hoijberg, Sanchez and even Lloris has coincided with our pretty dramatic improvement.

Our fan base has given far too much credit for as long as I can remember to very average players for their loyalty and/or work rate.

No, Dier isn't the only reason we went from 2nd to 8th in a few years, but he's a part of the reason and, hopefully, we're finally coming out the other end with better scouting and coaches who recognise talent

Sadly, his ascent to "being Spurs" coincides with the demise of the best Spurs team for some time.
It's not a coincidence that the less we see of Dier, Davies, Winks, Sessegnon, Moura, Hoijberg, Sanchez and even Lloris has coincided with our pretty dramatic improvement.
these mushrooms won't understand that.

its literally the most solid proof you could get that most people were bang on about them dragging us down, yet you get mushrooms still trying to argue against it lol.

its literally the most solid proof you could get that most people were bang on about them dragging us down, yet you get mushrooms still trying to argue against it lol.
Spurs came second in the season 2016-17 - Dier played in 36 of the league games
the year before we were third, he played in 37 of them

if we're mushrooms, you must be the shit we stand in

Postecoglou will be forced to use Dier at some point.

Best case scenario because of card accumulation to Romero or van de Ven.

It will be interesting to see how Dier does when called upon, and how rusty he looks.

Nowhere to hide either, with the way our CBs are expected to play.

I'd feel better if we still had Sanchez, he's plugged right in at Galatasaray, including the win @ Old Trafford in Champions League.

Makes you wonder if fans getting sentimentally attached to shit players is another reason we've not succeeded for decades

It will be interesting to see how Dier does when called upon, and how rusty he looks.

I'd feel better if we still had Sanchez, he's plugged right in at Galatasaray, including the win @ Old Trafford in Champions League.
He won’t pick Dier ahead of Davies or Rotal at CB

Was odd selling Sanchez. Should have terminated Dier's contract and kept Sanchez

Was odd selling Sanchez. Should have terminated Dier's contract and kept Sanchez

This is a common rant on here, about how we should "terminate" contracts.

Your plan would see us lose a player and aprox £4.4m in wages, possibly to a team in our league that competes with us.
Selling Sanchez and keeping Dier saw us raise aprox £10m plus removed aprox £3.4m in salary commitments to him.

So one plan was a loss of £4.4m and the other was an net gain of £13.4m

All we need to do is hold our nerve and never give Dier a minute of football. If he actively resisted moves when they were offered, despite being told he's not got much chance here, that's his problem.

Back
Top Bottom