Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs came second in the season 2016-17 - Dier played in 36 of the league games
the year before we were third, he played in 37 of them

if we're mushrooms, you must be the shit we stand in
Yeah he was decent back then and could do his job (which was to be a decent rotation player).

He’s shit now. Not hard to understand.

I have nothing against the guy. He just makes spurs worse and I want spurs to win. If he goes somewhere else and excels like winks seems to be doing, that’s great.

Difference is winks did at 26 and dier is 29 and seems to be clinging on for life. It’s way overdue at this point.

"You don't need to film me. I know you're not going to use it"

Oh My God Wow GIF

Ooof. They actually left it in 😂

Last edited:
Yeah it’s a situation of his own making. Still not nice though, it creates an awkwardness for everyone
He's a smart man but I honestly felt the last few years he was busy making himself an off pitch kingdom, distinct and seperate from what he was producing. Two Portuguese coaches enabled him to make himself indispensable and the Conte fell for the performative 'leadership ' act that got very pronounced the worse his football got. He needs to go in January..

Sadly, his ascent to "being Spurs" coincides with the demise of the best Spurs team for some time.
It's not a coincidence that the less we see of Dier, Davies, Winks, Sessegnon, Moura, Hoijberg, Sanchez and even Lloris has coincided with our pretty dramatic improvement.

Our fan base has given far too much credit for as long as I can remember to very average players for their loyalty and/or work rate.

No, Dier isn't the only reason we went from 2nd to 8th in a few years, but he's a part of the reason and, hopefully, we're finally coming out the other end with better scouting and coaches who recognise talent
Players' form "often drops off" shock internet claim

I feel sorry for him, no one should be somewhere they’re not wanted.

He probably should have taken a move in the summer
Don't feel sorry for him at all. He made good money with us and started for us for many years.
He also had no competition for his spot so he felt comfortable, never worked on getting better and just got worse. I guess you can blame the previous managers for it but if you are getting paid millions better do the job or you out. We are a big club and we should act like it.

I hate this “woe is me” attitude when a starter becomes a bench player.

You are basically devaluing the role of a bench player and insulting all of your teammates that aren’t starters.

It happens in the NBA a lot and I’m not sure how these players get away with it in the locker room.

Couple that with the fact that the other bench players usually make less money than the guy complaining.

On a similar note, the supporters need to show support for bench players as well. A guy like PEH seems too scared to accept applause from the supporters after matches. It’s not like he’s MOTM but He’s still an important part of the team and people need to value the subs. The only players that don’t deserve support are the ones pouting.

I feel sorry for him, no one should be somewhere they’re not wanted.

He probably should have taken a move in the summer
I like Dier’s self deprecation and self awareness much more than say Harry McGuire’s clueless entitlement.

Dier’s comment makes me confident that he accepts the situation and is not going to causes issues in the locker room (like I suspect McGuire does). Hopefully Dier gets a move away this winter and we get a decent third center back that fits the Ange-ball system. Best for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom