Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier isn't that shit. He was always a useful squad player and a good back up to rotate at RB, CB, or DM. The problem is we became shit, broke up our back four and midfield, Dier got injured and lost any of the slow pace he already had, and we relied on him as our number 1 defender which was unintelligent at best.

To blame him for basically lacking energy or pace and being played every week is insane.

Last edited:
If dier had the career of Ben Davies, nobody would be giving him this shit.

But he had the same ability as Davies and he wormed his way onto the leadership team and thereafter, barely ever had competition for his spot. And his entire strategy is to just hide and let other players tackle or progress play.

It’s very easy to see the negative impact he had on this clubs ambitions in the last several years (once he became a key contributor). And that’s because he’s a relegation level CB that was masquerading as a leader on a top 6 club.

I’d much rather have someone that tried and failed and then realized this and moved on like winks. Dier, tried and failed and then hid and pointed the finger and brought the whole club down levels.

If dier had the career of Ben Davies, nobody would be giving him this shit.

But he had the same ability as Davies and he wormed his way onto the leadership team and thereafter, barely ever had competition for his spot. And his entire strategy is to just hide and let other players tackle or progress play.

It’s very easy to see the negative impact he had on this clubs ambitions in the last several years (once he became a key contributor). And that’s because he’s a relegation level CB that was masquerading as a leader on a top 6 club.

I’d much rather have someone that tried and failed and then realized this and moved on like winks. Dier, tried and failed and then hid and pointed the finger and brought the whole club down levels.
That's the problem United fans had with Maguire. My problem was more with Mourinho telling Dier that he was the next Carvalho, and publicly stated that Dier just lacked confidence. Dier publicly stated back that confidence wasn't the issue. I'm not going to lie, I'd play for Spurs if Mourinho picked me, said I just lacked confidence, and really I was toast physically.

Eric is an excellent footballer. He has played for years in the Premier League and was an international.

The debate is around whether he's an excellent Premier League footballer.

Semantics I know but people who probably can't even dominate in their local Sunday league saying he's not an excellent footballer never sits well with me.

Eric is an excellent footballer. He has played for years in the Premier League and was an international.

Semantics I know but people who probably can't even dominate in their local Sunday league saying he's not an excellent footballer never sits well with me.
He’s never been excellent. He’s shown flashes of leadership and defensive nous which has given successive managers a hard on about he ‘could be one of the best in the world’ but mysteriously has never managed to get in anyone’s team of the month let alone among the best in the prem or the world.

Decentish player sometimes in his prime 5 years ago, just lacks pace and the ability to pass. Two fairly useful footballing attributes.

Every player that’s ever played for Tottenham is an excellent footballer by that definition.

So you think the only people who are allowed to judge talent are talented players?

Wow, you best go and put all the scouts all over the world who didn't play out of a job. Maybe replace them all with the Diers and Sanchez's of the world.

I think it's taken as a given that when we are talking about a player's ability, we are doing so relative to his peers and not posters on TFC forum.

Keeping that in mind, there's no debate on Dier being an excellent footballer. He isn't, he's crap.

Chill out Eric :mourshock::pritchardeyes:

Strange how the calamities and unforced errors have dramatically been reduced in defence since you've been no where near the back line or 1st eleven in general.

Lets be honest you've below average player defender full of mistakes and brainfarts ..... Being pretty much n your sunset years 30 in a few months, knowingly happy to waste away a full year of playing time in your scanty football career, fully aware you will not play ,collect a wage and bugger off for free to LISBON at the end of the season.

ADEUS Eric !!!

eric-dier-wave.gif

Wow.
Sorry for responding to your pathetic message. I did not know I was interacting with mentally retarded person.

Good job getting access to internet in your institution.
Was this reply result of whole ward putting heads together or did the nurse also support in this, what can I only assume being biggest effort of your week, post together?

So you think the only people who are allowed to judge talent are talented players?

Wow, you best go and put all the scouts all over the world who didn't play out of a job. Maybe replace them all with the Diers and Sanchez's of the world.
No. I'm thinking that people on a forum shouldn't have such hate for one of their own players.

He isn't good enough for us anymore. Most people know it.

But the bile spewed towards him is quite frankly a load of bollocks.

The guy is Spurs. He's been Spurs for a massive majority of his professional life.

We've moved on and he will need to move to get regular football.

But keyboard warriors chucking round the hate like they could do better comes across as pathetic.

Of course people can criticise. Of course they can have an opinion. But all people need to do is keep it civil and in perspective.

Dier had the talent to make it to the top of the game. He didn't cheat his way there. He didn't cower his way through.

Unfortunately some on here seem to always have a need to pick one of our own to denigrate. Its not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom