Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely amazing how the media in this country talk about Dier. Our most utilised player, our most versatile player enabling Poch to play different formation and tactics without having to make a sub. A player who had to play next to a calamitous Oxlade-Chamberlain the other night too. Hope Dier reads these, he's the type of player that loves to shove these remarks down the throats of those that spill them.

Plays in a team that challenges for the title two seasons in a row.

Plays almost every game during both seasons.

Is young and learning.

Plays 2015-16 in the best CM partnership in the Prem.

Plays 2016-17 in the best defence in the Prem.

Plays for England, media slaughter him.

Nothing player.

How do you play in a successful team if you're apparently so shit?

I'm not even gonna lie - if I was a young English player, I'd tell the England team and the FA to fuck off. I'm not putting in all that effort, all that travelling, all that sweat for the media and my own fans to shit on me.

Fuck them all.

Plays in a team that challenges for the title two seasons in a row.

Plays almost every game during both seasons.

Is young and learning.

Plays 2015-16 in the best CM partnership in the Prem.

Plays 2016-17 in the best defence in the Prem.

Plays for England, media slaughter him.

Nothing player.

How do you play in a successful team if you're apparently so shit?

I'm not even gonna lie - if I was a young English player, I'd tell the England team and the FA to fuck off. I'm not putting in all that effort, all that travelling, all that sweat for the media and my own fans to shit on me.

Fuck them all.
It's a lose/lose for a young player. All the pride of being selected for the English squad soon turns into a media witch hunt. I thought that us having so many players in the team, & Poch being heralded for providing the national team with so many new players might spark my love of the English team again. But nope. The way in which it's all run is the problem. Not the players. You don't turn to shit as soon as you pull on an England shirt unless there's something horribly wrong with the set up.

If Kane has a couple of games without scoring, they'll be out for him next.

As you say, fuck 'em all. I have love for our players in the England team. I have no love for the England team though. It's a shambles & that isn't down to Eric Dier.

Gave me that impression...

I said 'matches at the top' - I think you've misread, or read something that wasn't there. Liverpool and Man Utd think they're the best team in the world in terms of stature, but have been shit for several seasons now (if not longer). Teams like Leicester deserve to earn more than Man Utd or Chelsea if they finished above them. Teams like Sunderland, who gave zero fucks/effort, don't deserve to get as much as say Palace, who fought their way out of trouble whilst beating the likes of Chelsea.

Paying only the top teams the top money is dangerous, as it just increases the gap, but paying teams the same across the board takes away the incentives for teams that are neither qualifiying for Europe, nor in the relegation zone. The system in La Liga is ridiculous, but I don't think there's much wrong with how the PL do it these days.

I see the press are now reporting that we refused to give them a price......which is pretty obvious, do they not pay attention to Levy's transfer dealings at all?
Odd given they were saying we value him at £50m, it's like they plucked a figure out of the air, checked with Man U to see if they were OK with it, then assigned it and wrote about it. Having done that they then try to speak to someone, anyone at Spurs, told to fuck off, now re-write story. They wouldn't do that surely?!?

Dier looks like that dude from the King Arthur movie that nobody saw
cDqs4ZJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom