Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the very same interview, he said this...

:pocheyes:

The same arseholes who vote Conte as manager of the year because he takes the press out for drinks and a bbq but continues the CFC tradition of wasting English talent. As for Dier thinking he is better than he his, absolutely outrageous suggestion for a lad who turns up for his country and does his best. I really despise the way press hacks making a living slating English footballers who turn up for their country.

Manchester United told Eric Dier will cost £50 million
As if Levy would even give them a valuation....
I agree this is pure bullshit but I've heard some people saying they would take the 50 mil.

Fuck no. No cracks in the foundation for quick cash. Cracks spread and the next thing you know the balance of the dressing room is off, 3 more are out the door, and we're desperately throwing our newly obtained money at a bunch of Sissokos to try and stop the bleeding. We would probably survive selling Dier but I'd prefer to resist every single advance regardless of the money offered.

If this is even remotely true they can fuck right off. Unlike them, our whole is worth more than the sum of our parts.

I agree this is pure bullshit but I've heard some people saying they would take the 50 mil.

Fuck no. No cracks in the foundation for quick cash. Cracks spread and the next thing you know the balance of the dressing room is off, 3 more are out the door, and we're desperately throwing our newly obtained money at a bunch of Sissokos to try and stop the bleeding. We would probably survive selling Dier but I'd prefer to resist every single advance regardless of the money offered.

If this is even remotely true they can fuck right off. Unlike them, our whole is worth more than the sum of our parts.
Totally agree with this. We may not be able to fend off every offer that's bound to come our way, but we should try our hardest to do so, and make any club pay through the nose for our players if they do come calling. When Klinsmann decided to leave, the team fell apart when we were on the verge of doing something good. That's why I don't have any regard for him as an ex-player.

Absolutely amazing how the media in this country talk about Dier. Our most utilised player, our most versatile player enabling Poch to play different formation and tactics without having to make a sub. A player who had to play next to a calamitous Oxlade-Chamberlain the other night too. Hope Dier reads these, he's the type of player that loves to shove these remarks down the throats of those that spill them.

Not saying a lot.If you'd given me a pair of boots and a plane ticket i'd have probably been our player of the tournament.

He was one of the only ones who wasn't utter shite at the time that it actually matters.......the press are slating him because of pointless friendlies and qualifying (which we always get through regardless)

Absolutely amazing how the media in this country talk about Dier. Our most utilised player, our most versatile player enabling Poch to play different formation and tactics without having to make a sub. A player who had to play next to a calamitous Oxlade-Chamberlain the other night too. Hope Dier reads these, he's the type of player that loves to shove these remarks down the throats of those that spill them.

Dier is our future captain in my opinion.

Dier has improved a lot as a cb this season and has enjoyed a far better season than wonderkid John Stones. Dier has a good range of passing and is calm under pressure, he's very young for a cb and could go on to be a great player.

Just go on twitter if you want to see the state of a modern day football fan.

"Dier is not even worth £15,000,000"

"Why would someone buy a player who refuses to do anything but pass the ball towards his own goal"

"Did anyone see him against France?"

"Imagine how much Kante would be worth if Dier is worth £50,000,000?"

Lol.

Imagine basing a player on their international performances in a MEANINGLESS friendly. I love that no one else seems to rate our players. Just makes it funnier when we finish above them.

They also seem to forget that Dier was our best player at the Euros.

Dier has improved a lot as a cb this season and has enjoyed a far better season than wonderkid John Stones. Dier has a good range of passing and is calm under pressure, he's very young for a cb and could go on to be a great player.
It is fair to say this season he hasn't been at the level of last season, for me he's dropped from a 7 or 8 out of 10 EVERY game to a 6 or 7 every game. Hard to define exactly what it has been down to and pinpoint what it is but feel he lost the first yard to his game, e.g. last season not letting the ball bounce before heading it, this season he let's the ball bounce. Just a small example but to me it's his sharpness that dropped slightly rather than his abilities. Also needs to be stated he's only just turned 23!!!

I adore the fella and he epitomises the character of this team.

Just go on twitter if you want to see the state of a modern day football fan.

"Dier is not even worth £15,000,000"

"Why would someone buy a player who refuses to do anything but pass the ball towards his own goal"

"Did anyone see him against France?"

"Imagine how much Kante would be worth if Dier is worth £50,000,000?"

Lol.

Imagine basing a player on their international performances in a MEANINGLESS friendly. I love that no one else seems to rate our players. Just makes it funnier when we finish above them.

They also seem to forget that Dier was our best player at the Euros.
The truth is they do rate them, every single one of them. The clubs they support all covert them, all linked with attempts to buy them. When Utd., Chelsea, Woolwich, City, Liverpool put out their team's each week with no more than one English player too, they look at us with envy. This is what envy looks like. LOVE IT!

The truth is they do rate them, every single one of them. The clubs they support all covert them, all linked with attempts to buy them. When Utd., Chelsea, Woolwich, City, Liverpool put out their team's each week with no more than one English player too, they look at us with envy. This is what envy looks like. LOVE IT!

The clubs obviously rate him.

The fans? Not so sure. Some of the abuse he's getting is disgusting from the fans. Thing is, they wouldn't be able to name a Spurs match he was poor in (even though there is a few) BECAUSE they don't watch him for Spurs.

How they can even judge him is beyond me.

I love that no one else seems to rate our players. Just makes it funnier when we finish above them.

It's like the opposite of the Shallow Hal thing.

I think people also misunderstand the concept of value versus asking price. You don't go up to someone and demand to buy something for what it is worth - they set the price, and you decide what to do from there. It's as logical as judging player value based on their spanish release clauses.

I think the Sky 4 are going to develop complexes because they can't bully clubs any more

The clubs obviously rate him.

The fans? Not so sure. Some of the abuse he's getting is disgusting from the fans. Thing is, they wouldn't be able to name a Spurs match he was poor in (even though there is a few) BECAUSE they don't watch him for Spurs.

How they can even judge him is beyond me.
Trust me they ALL want to have a team of English internationals play for their team every week, instead they get to watch may be one (and not do that well = Lindgard, Jones, Shaw, Rooney, Rashford, Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chambers, Wilshire, Henderson, Stones, Delph & Hart to name but a few, chuck in the Leicester fans who think Vardy is better than Kane, West Ham fans who think Cresswell and Noble are football Gods) or a brief cameo from someone off the bench.

Combine that jealousy and then the performances of their own players in an England shirt they are quick to point a finger to deflect criticism from their own player.

Last reason, these teams all have MASSIVE foreign support, who's fans don't give a flying fuck about England (why would they), so it's so easy for the Citeh Abu Dhabi fanboy to tweet shite from his bedroom, same with the hoards of Asian Utd. fans, Yank Chelsea and African Woolwich fans.

I agree, the abuse is just ridiculous. He's an excellent young player with the potential to improve. No one has seen the best of him, if he stays at Spurs he'll develop into a great player imho. One bad game for England in a meaningless friendly playing alongside that thick cunt the Ox. At least he turns up for England matches, like Kane and Walker, etc. I wish we'd wise up and start pulling our players out of International duty, it's a shit shower. International football is a dead duck. 20 years ago you'd never see a Southgate anywhere near England manager. No one gives a shit anymore.

Back
Top Bottom