Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of you read the post you’d have seen me say he’s been good at times and poor at times.
Can you read?
Ok and you've also said Alli has been good at times and poor.

So in conclusion you state both have been good and poor at times yet you're advocating for Dier to start to play himself into form but for Alli to be dropped because he is in bad form according to you.

Oh i can read and all i'm reading is utter drivel from a complete hypocrite.

Ok and you've also said Alli has been good at times and poor.

So in conclusion you state both have been good and poor at times yet you're advocating for Dier to start to play himself into form but for Alli to be dropped because he is in bad form according to you.

Oh i can read and all i'm reading is utter drivel from a complete hypocrite.
Hmmmmm
Maybe you’ve missed the part where we’ve won more games that Dier has played than we have Dele has played without Dier?

iz futbal iz futbal

Same source for Winks as DM for 90 minutes:
P9 W4 L2 D3

Does this mean we are better with Winks at DM

It’s a real shame for you you’ve talked yourself out of using that in your favour.
Or are they good stats now all of a sudden?
No they are not. You dont check a DM's impact by the number of games we win. Its not like a DM can have an impact on Dele or Son's finishing ability. How good was he at winning the ball, retaining possession, passing it around and creating chances thats more important. How clinical the strikers are converting chances has nothing to do with Dier or Winks. In some games Alli was scoring from every chance he got, that has nothing to do with Dier and in some games Son, Alli and Lucas have missed easy chances which is also not on Dier. Dier's main job is to defend. Now if the defensive stats are high up with Dier than without him, then he's worth having not because we won some games where he was present.

Remember that run of games where we had lost some 19 (or something) games in a row if Bale was playing. Its one of those things. A coincidence.

I have detailed every second Dier has played in the pitch this season here:

So tell me what’s made up?
It's not that anything is made up but the fact that you have named 3 games where we were already winning and he was subbed on whilst we were winning and 1 where we were losing and he was taken off (AND WE EVENTUALLY WON)......and are using that as a positive stat for Dier is hilarious.

No they are not. You dont check a DM's impact by the number of games we win. Its not like a DM can have an impact on Dele or Son's finishing ability. How good was he at winning the ball, retaining possession, passing it around and creating chances thats more important. How clinical the strikers are converting chances has nothing to do with Dier or Winks. In some games Alli was scoring from every chance he got, that has nothing to do with Dier and in some games Son, Alli and Lucas have missed easy chances which is also not on Dier. Dier's main job is to defend. Now if the defensive stats are high up with Dier than without him, then he's worth having not because we won some games where he was present.

Remember that run of games where we had lost some 19 (or something) games in a row if Bale was playing. Its one of those things. A coincidence.
I’ve also checked the lost column for Dier though.
For the games he’s played 90 minutes (under Jose) it stands at zero.

Hmmmmm
Maybe you’ve missed the part where we’ve won more games that Dier has played than we have Dele has played without Dier?
Hmmmmm and maybe you've missed the stat where Dele Alli has the best premiership goal return of any attacking mid in the league. Actual stats regarding the individual and nit misleading stats that you like to use to prove a point. Utter hypocrite.

It's not that anything is made up but the fact that you have named 3 games where we were already winning and he was subbed on whilst we were winning and 1 where we were losing and he was taken off (AND WE EVENTUALLY WON)......and are using that as a positive stat for Dier is hilarious.
I’ve mentioned EVERY GAME and EVERY MINUTE he has played this season. Even the 90 he played in the 3-0 loss at Brighton.

YOU are the one only talking about the bits that you like and ignoring the stuff you don’t like.
It’s pathetic.

Hmmmmm and maybe you've missed the stat where Dele Alli has the best premiership goal return of any attacking mid in the league. Actual stats regarding the individual and nit misleading stats that you like to use to prove a point. Utter hypocrite.
I’ve not missed a thing. I praise Dele when he played well.
Often he plays shit but scores though.

That’s what your stats don’t show.

I’ve also checked the lost column for Dier though.
For the games he’s played 90 minutes (under Jose) it stands at zero.
What stands at zero? He was pulled off for being so shit against Olympiakos and Chelsea. And didnt finish the game vs Bayern when we were losing. Thankfully we were able to overcome the mess he had made vs Olympiakos and once he was taken off vs Chelsea we didnt concede anymore. The 3 times Mourinho played Dier at DM against any decent team , weve lost those games.

You are just using stats like an idiot now.

Last edited:
He was pulled off for being so shit against Olympiakos and Chelsea. And didnt finish the game vs Bayern when we were losing. Thankfully we were able to overcome the mess he had made vs Olympiakos and once he was taken off vs Chelsea we didnt concede anymore. The 3 times Mourinho played Dier at DM against any decent team , weve lost those games.

You are just using stats like an idiot now.
As I told KD, I’ve not hidden a single minute Dier has played this season under both Poch and Jose.
All the good and bad is there.

You both cling to his sub appearances but neither want to talk about his full appearances.
Hmmmmmmm wonder why?

Ive been transparent. I’ve named every minute he was in the pitch, and the scores when he was subbed on and off.

All of it.

You dismiss all the good as “other factors”.
You’re flouncing.

As I told KD, I’ve not hidden a single minute Dier has played this season under both Poch and Jose.
All the good and bad is there.

You both cling to his sub appearances but neither want to talk about his full appearances.
Hmmmmmmm wonder why?

Ive been transparent. I’ve named every minute he was in the pitch, and the scores when he was subbed on and off.

All of it.

You dismiss all the good as “other factors”.
You’re flouncing.
You are not being transparent though. You are coming up with nitpicked stats . Against Chelsea, Olympiakos or Bayern he wasnt a sub. He started all those matches and was taken off in the end for being shit. He didnt finish those games so they dont count? He started those fucking matchces.

What is this 'other factors'? Are you drunk?

This guy is a complete moron. Every single 'stat' he uses is made up.

As part of the two deeper lying midfield players. I agree.

The great thing about when he was playing there in that season, was that we allowed Rose and Walker to bomb forward, as Dier would slot in between Alderweireld and Vertonghen and turn it in to a back 3 when in possesion. When working against the ball, we went back to a back 4 with Dier sitting in front. Those were the days. Don't think we'll ever see us playing in that exact way again, but who knows.

Yes those were the days right enough but we’ll get back there with José

:mourthumb:

You are not being transparent though. You are coming up with nitpicked stats . Against Chelsea, Olympiakos or Bayern he wasnt a sub. He started all those matches and was taken off in the end for being shit. He didnt finish those games so they dont count? He started those fucking matchces.

What is this 'other factors'? Are you drunk?
How have nit picked when I’ve covered every second he’s played, every result, every minute he was subbed on and off and the score at the time of his subbing?

If you had an argument, you’d use it.

But you haven’t, so you are accusing me of making things up and picking stats when I’ve named all the minutes played, results and given you a source.

What stats do you want, and I’ll find them.

You don’t want to be wrong about him.
You don’t want to say “hold up, maybe he hasn’t been that bad”.
I have never hesitated to praise Dele or Eriksen when they played well. With or without scoring....or even if we lost.

Says it a about your support levels where you desperately want one of our players to be poor, but you can’t even find an argument or stat to support that other than “he’s fat” or “ he can’t pass”.

You have been utterly ruined, and I don’t even have an agenda.
I can happily admit we need to improve on him, but right now we can’t, he’s out only DM, our results are massively better with him than without him on the pitch, and the team desperately needs a DM.

Duuuuuuuuh dumbo, even you can work that out.
Put the shovel down, you reached rock bottom hours ago.

So when we beat Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth and Brighton under Jose, the only times Dier has played 90 minutes in the PL under Jose, are you saying we didn’t win all 4.

We lost them?
Just shut up. You are a stupid man with a stupid agenda. Ooo under Mourinho we dont lose when Dier plays 90 minutes. Lets ignore that we had to take him off in 3 matches where his shitness had brought us 2 goal deficits. We were down 2-0, 3-1 and 2-0 in those matches when Dier was on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom