Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PEH would be a better RB in this system, ditto Romero, Bentacur, Johnson and others.

Don’t need to look far to upgrade this football molester

Weird then that Ange hasn't played any of those players at RB in his system over the bloke he trusts as his second choice RB, LB and RCB.

Nothing says petulant irrationality less than telling the manager who he should play in his own system...:ange-blow:

Emerson's stats

81 passes at 92.6% success.
4 tackles; 3 interceptions, 1 clearance, 1 block;
1 shot on target.
And an overall rating of 7.2

Compare that to Porro's recent games.

Clearly Emerson is nowhere near as damaging with the ball as Porro but that's not the game Ange asks of him (because of the differences ) but he gets it way more, recycles it way more and doesn't give it away nearly as much.

There's a significant portion of the Spurs fan base who are bizarrely and incorrectly damning of our second choice RB - against all statistics and, indeed, the words of the manager himself. This is fed by so called podcasters who are, lets face it, complete fucking idiots when it comes to football.
That's because he plays extra safe, passes back and sideways.

Weird then that Ange hasn't played any of those players at RB in his system over the bloke he trusts as his second choice RB, LB and RCB.

Nothing says petulant irrationality less than telling the manager who he should play in his own system...:ange-blow:
If Porronis still out for Palace, let’s see if he changes it - I be he doesn’t play Royal again

That's because he plays extra safe, passes back and sideways.
Yes as stipulated in my quoted post - he's not got Porro's talent on the ball so his job is to get it to players who are better at passing.

Anyway my point is simply that Emerson is our second choice and he's perfectly ok at that and it was utterly ridiculous to blame our loss on him rather than the 8 first choice players out there with him. 🤷‍♂️

If Porronis still out for Palace, let’s see if he changes it - I be he doesn’t play Royal again
maybe but all available evidence this season is that Ange trusts Emerson as second choice across the entire back line as he's played him in practically every possible position ahead of other options.🤷‍♂️

maybe but all available evidence this season is that Ange trusts Emerson as second choice across the entire back line as he's played him in practically every possible position ahead of other options.🤷‍♂️
I should imagine that trust is starting to wane. He’s fucking useless

He tries hard and he doesn't make untold fuck ups at RB like Aurier did but I hope he never plays for us again.
Ange's decision to play him at CB cost us big time.

He tries hard and he doesn't make untold fuck ups at RB like Aurier did but I hope he never plays for us again.
Ange's decision to play him at CB cost us big time.
Trying hard is a given though but he’s a sloth when he’s in midfield. In the inverted full back we could get away with playing a midfielder like bentancur who can do the defensive work but is predominantly going to be on the ball in the inverted role especially when we are behind like Saturday. Ange inherited him and I’m sure he’ll want someone who can be more of a midfielder when in the inverted full back position.

Trying hard is a given though but he’s a sloth when he’s in midfield. In the inverted full back we could get away with playing a midfielder like bentancur who can do the defensive work but is predominantly going to be on the ball in the inverted role especially when we are behind like Saturday. Ange inherited him and I’m sure he’ll want someone who can be more of a midfielder when in the inverted full back position.
He is a great trainer and obviously well liked by the other players and that was probs the reason why Ange chose not to disturb the equilibrium by swapping him in Jan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom