Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 4th October . 20:00 Deutsche Bank Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to disagree with much of this, although if you're saying Gil is too lightweight to play on the right and shrug off a defender, why would he be of any use as left sided defender? Sessegnon hasn't done much wrong by my book, I'd like to see him rotated with Perisic more often, he makes some brilliant runs behind.
On the left he uses his acceleration to get past defenders, not strength.

All he needs his a quick change of direction and he's manufactured a yard to cross the ball.

He's basically a left footed Aaron Lennon. Neither were big, or physical. But they could beat their man through quickness and agility.

On the left he uses his acceleration to get past defenders, not strength.

All he needs his a quick change of direction and he's manufactured a yard to cross the ball.

He's basically a left footed Aaron Lennon. Neither were big, or physical. But they could beat their man through quickness and agility.
How fast is Gil? I've hardly seen him. I assume you mean the 'beat with skill' aspect, though, since he didn't see particularly rapid.

How fast is Gil? I've hardly seen him. I assume you mean the 'beat with skill' aspect, though, since he didn't see particularly rapid.
Speed with a winger is always difficult to judge.

Walcott was fast in a straight line.

But put a ball at his feet and a defender in front and he goes to shit.

Gil isn't going to win any 100m race, but over 5 yards he'll beat most full backs due to his lightness, acceleration and agility. We call it quickness in professional sport.

Dier takes too long on the ball, tempo he sets just kills any momentum.
this is a huge problem. theres times you can take a second on the ball, but when you do it every time like dier does, you just let the other team reshape.

he ends up taking his time because hes got space, then sometimes hitting some long ball that even lloris would think is shit.

when a player that deep kills any momentum, they need to have fucking pirlo level passing.

Richo is a limited player. If he scores 15 goals for us this season that might just be a decent return for £60M. However one get over the feeling that a) he was way over priced and b) we could have got much better for that money.
Not sure who wanted him but unless he really picks it up his gonnna be another one to add the list of wasted money. There are teams all over Europe who scout players form all over the place and unearth diamonds.
I watched all his goals for Everton the other day. He isn’t prolific but he can score goals from anywhere and is very good in the air if provided with crosses, like against Marseille. I think he’ll do alright.

Back
Top Bottom