Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watch sissoko in the 2nd and extra every ball in the air he never challenges for. There was one occasion where he had the ball but they pressed him and he lost it he showed no strength for such a big guy. Should never play again for and hopefully now with no need to rotate he won’t.

That draw for Q/F is depressing . Manure and goons have got easy paths into S/Fs. All those who were berating thevPE teacher and Arteta look at them now. Manure are 2nd in PL and Q/F in both FA and EL. Arteta has already won the FA cup in his first season and looks to be heading to Semis. Whereas are twat a serial winner his fan bois keep telling us and he himself says his the special one and has coaching qualities 2nd to none has the follow record:
Lost at home to relegated Norwich in fa cup 5th round. Shocking display!
Waved the white flag v RBL in both games in last 16 CL.
Lost to Everton in FA cup 5 th round 5-4 when their main foreard went off for most of the game and whose home record is appalling.
Lost a 2-0 lead to DZ farmers in last 16 EL when just one goal would prbly been enough. To boot he flogged Kane for 120 mins whistling playing a system which hardly created any chances. Further just take the result in isolation we lost 3-0 to them without reply!

Watch sissoko in the 2nd and extra every ball in the air he never challenges for. There was one occasion where he had the ball but they pressed him and he lost it he showed no strength for such a big guy. Should never play again for and hopefully now with no need to rotate he won’t.

He literally shat himself last night, by the end he was literally hoofing the ball away under no pressure because he was so scared to actually play.

I think every single Tottenham fan was screaming at the TV when he did this.

I don't need to. The whole team has to do it together. I know a brace against palace doesn't really mean anything but if the useless fucking manager gets his shit together it doesn't all have to be on his shoulders. How can he always be expected to save us when the manager plays low block dull as fuck tactics and plays shit likensissoko at RB?
Look at his assists, and goals mate then fuck off.
Yeah he's putting up good stats, but the majority are coming against weaker sides, and I'm not even trying to be overly critical of that, most players will score and assists more against the weaker sides, that's just basic logic. But if he were so good that he deserves to be plying his trade at a higher level than Spurs then he should be producing also in the crunch games and against the better sides, which off the top of my head he hasn't done consistently for a good while.

I don't even deny that he COULD quite easily play for the top, top sides, I just object to the notion that he deserves better than us and we're basically holding him hostage unfairly.

See who is taking it seriously. See who is chavved up and not wearing the club colours.

Don’t know about that... but they looked like they were going to a funeral... going through the motions... I know they’ve been there done that but this was a tie to get to a qf... body language suggested they didn’t want to be there

Don’t know about that... but they looked like they were going to a funeral... going through the motions... I know they’ve been there done that but this was a tie to get to a qf... body language suggested they didn’t want to be there

Nobody wants to be in Europa League. Woolwich played like shit last night trying to coast through and lost, limping through to the next round. Leicester went out in a similar fashion to us in the previous round. United scraped through last night. PL players do not care about this competition with its brown logo and naff theme tune.

What‘s so disappointing is that those clubs have recent silverware to fall back on. A club like us cannot be snooty about a lesser European trophy when we have won nothing for 13 years. It was the same when we went out to Gent a few years ago when Poch was in charge. The players are embarrassed to be in this competition but have no right to think that way. We are not Real Madrid. Some of them are just incredibly arrogant.

Winning this competition would have been amazing for us both as a trophy and a route to the CL, but the players showed they didn’t really want us fans to have a trophy to celebrate. Not if it meant having to run around a bit in a match against a “lesser” team like Dinamo. They were determined to put in as little effort as possible. All they had to do was run around and they refused to do it. They didn’t want to win that competition.

Please watch the 3rd goal.
Their player picks up the ball on the halfway line- Bale gives up after 10 yards Sissoko jogs at the side of him for 30 yards as does Ndombele, Aurier then dangles a foot in a nothing attempt to win the ball.
The guy then cuts inside of Sissoko, Ndombele gets nowhere near him and he smacks it in from the edge of the box.
But yes some still think it is the fault of the manager.

Their player picks up the ball on the halfway line- Bale gives up after 10 yards Sissoko jogs at the side of him for 30 yards as does Ndombele, Aurier then dangles a foot in a nothing attempt to win the ball.
The guy then cuts inside of Sissoko, Ndombele gets nowhere near him and he smacks it in from the edge of the box.

Everything ultimately comes down to the manager. He prepares the team, he selects the players. Nobody forced him to choose those players.

Mourinho should know by now that putting Winks and Sissoko in a 2 man midfield is going to make it extremely difficult to compete. Putting Dier and Sanchez together has repeatedly been a disaster. Nobody forced him to make those selections. He thought that team could win the match and he was completely wrong.

Everything ultimately comes down to the manager. He prepares the team, he selects the players. Nobody forced him to choose those players.

Mourinho should know by now that putting Winks and Sissoko in a 2 man midfield is going to make it extremely difficult to compete. Putting Dier and Sanchez together has repeatedly been a disaster. Nobody forced him to make those selections. He thought that team could win the match and he was completely wrong.
But we have a top 4 squad according to many people on this forum.

Mourinho has been here 15 months. He's had 3 windows to get rid of sissoko and aurier. They are still here and regularly cost goals with basic defensive errors., bad positioning and lack of awareness on the pitch.
The manager, along with the chairman and recruitment staff all share the blame on this one.

I don't post much but need to get this off my chest.

I think the biggest fuck up in recent times was when dembele was sold half way through the season, he was key and a massive reason we both made it to, and failed to show up in the champions league final. This is when there was no denying Levy's balance sheet over football mentality. We'd seen it before under his failure to back redknapp but this cemented it.

Fair enough football is a business and we have a great training facility, one of the best stadiums in the world and a fancy Nike sponsor but it's just an embarrassment of riches at the moment.

The happiest I've ever been with spurs was under redknapp, bonkers score lines. We'd concede three but score five. Thrilling stuff. Amazing nights in the pub. When it looked like he was just about to kill it, he got skanked in the transfer market by levy. The proudest I've ever been was under pochettino, he did so much and so quickly and with so much class and affection. His remit was to get us into the champions League in five years time. He did it five out of five. Levy then skanked him in the transfer market. Then along comes Jose who despite his record, everyone can see a mile off he's both devisive and usually short-lived with embarrassing fallout at the end but there's levy chucking millions at him like he's in a strip club.

I love this club. I've supported spurs since the early nineties when I got in to football as my dad and brother are spurs fans. Apart from redknapp and poch eras, it's not been easy. Until poch it was usually one talisman in a bang average side. He crafted a team. Redknapp similar, despite very different methods: 'i just told him to get out there and run about a bit.'

We see to dare is to do everywhere but the fact is levy isn't about daring, glory or football. He came off like a snake in the documentary and it doesn't take long to research and find out he's only in football to make money.

I mean fine, you have Mike Ashley at Newcastle as an example of how bad things could be and in comparison levy ain't soooo bad.

However, I was a courier for ten years up until a few years ago so I know what it feels and looks like to work for a company with incompetant management that's always trying to pull your pants down while expecting the best out of you but really just looking to make a quick few quid. This is how Levy's reign at spurs feels.

Change my mind. PLEASE. I love this club and can't support anyone else. I just feel like it's history repeating again and again and I don't want to see it again. I've never been so close to giving up on 'modern football,' and supporting Leyton Orient or the hipsters on Hackney Marshes. I feel dirty typing that but didn't someone very clever say something like, 'idiocy is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? '

With football you never really know what's going on behind closed doors but I do have a pretty good idea what's like to bang my head against a brick wall.

I genuinely don't think I could take seeing Harry Kane in a Man United but at the same time I couldn't blame him.

*Insert arnie as terminator going into the lava giving it the thumbs up gif*

I'm a mess right now.

Edit for reality check: yes redknapp had his head turned by all the talk of the England job and Pochettino made a fucking huge mistake talking openly about leaving if he won the champions league before the final.
Brilliant post, sums up what most of us are feeling at the moment. 👏👏👏

Never liked the rat-faced weasel.

Was one of our best players , couldn’t blame him for leaving for Madrid , last night proves it if ever there was the slightest doubt. He has had a trophy laden career
OK a thoughtless comment but I would have him back in a heartbeat if he was two years younger, he was a joy to watch , especially compared to our current midfield

First time I have disagreed with you , he downed tools for a couple of games , not two seasons

C5-ADD0-AA-9612-412-E-901-E-21-B6278-B081-A.jpg

Disgraceful stuff

Was one of our best players , couldn’t blame him for leaving for Madrid , last night proves it if ever there was the slightest doubt. He has had a trophy laden career
OK a thoughtless comment but I would have him back in a heartbeat if he was two years younger, he was a joy to watch , especially compared to our current midfield

First time I have disagreed with you , he downed tools for a couple of games , not two seasons
I never said he wasn't a good player, I just go against players who, in my eyes, 'do the dirty' - the list is long. My logical head understands that players will go where the money/trophies are, but I feel personally betrayed when players want to leave - daft and unrealistic I know, but I want our players to feel the same as us about our Club.

Back
Top Bottom