Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reflecting this morning on Hugo's words, what saddens me the most is the obvious loss of team spirit.

The players are absolutely to blame as well. But a team needs a leader. It needs someone to create that unity, spirit and to encourage it. We had that under Poch and previous managers. Jose doesn't seem to have the capability to build that (arguably, his first tenure at Chelsea he had it).

Overall, I'm just very sad. Not with the loss (well, yes). But the fact that our team looks broken.
I get that, as Captain, Hugo must be the one to speak out.... but let's face it, neither he or Kane are 'Captain Material' ....we need one, desperately!

Poch told us and ENIC he needed players out for this very reason, he was ignored and they thought a disciplinarian like Mourinho could fix their investment. They were wrong.

Reflecting this morning on Hugo's words, what saddens me the most is the obvious loss of team spirit.

The players are absolutely to blame as well. But a team needs a leader. It needs someone to create that unity, spirit and to encourage it. We had that under Poch and previous managers. Jose doesn't seem to have the capability to build that (arguably, his first tenure at Chelsea he had it).

Overall, I'm just very sad. Not with the loss (well, yes). But the fact that our team looks broken.

I know your feelings. I feel gutted totally.

I am also a massive fan of Hugo's. I think he highlighted something we all know, when he mentioned and pointed to the badge. There's division in the ranks and this is no easy fix.

I know your feelings. I feel gutted totally.

I am also a massive fan of Hugo's. I think he highlighted something we all know, when he mentioned and pointed to the badge. There's division in the ranks and this is no easy fix.
There is only one fix to this. The first step seems pretty clear. Levy is probably scrolling through his Filofax right now.

Feel free to provide some counter bullshit demonstrating how at any point in recent memory he has single handedly dragged us out of the mire when all hope has been lost, put in a performance in one of the big games, or generally done anything remotely worthy of deserving this reputation of being far too good to slum it playing for lowly Tottenham?

If your answer involves scoring a brace at home to Crystal Palace, then don't bother.
I don't need to. The whole team has to do it together. I know a brace against palace doesn't really mean anything but if the useless fucking manager gets his shit together it doesn't all have to be on his shoulders. How can he always be expected to save us when the manager plays low block dull as fuck tactics and plays shit likensissoko at RB?
Look at his assists, and goals mate then fuck off.

Headline on Official Website.

Stunned in Zagreb......Euro journey ends with defeat at dynamo

What a load of limp, pathetic, condescending bullshit following our most humiliating night in living memory. Fuck off.

☆We crash out after humiliating, pathetic, utterly shite performance.☆

☆Most humiliating night in memory as loyal fans take yet another kick in the teeth☆

☆Daniel and Jose accept full responsibility and consider their positions as alarming slump continues apace☆

Wouldn't that at least show the fans some honesty and integrity. Give us a little bit of hope for the future.

Last edited:
Great words from Hugo there... and very pointed.
He alludes to poor attitudes. Why are there such poor attitudes? Could it be that the manager’s tactics have demoralised everybody?
Wow, that is scathing!
Not sure who he's aiming it at... I thought Jose at first, (to do with the fundementals/tactics etc) but it seems to be the fringe/squad players... and I think we can all hazard a guess at who he's talking about....

If the fabric of the club is rotten to the core, we need systematic changes from top to bottom...
if it's a few mardy squad players who don't deem the UEFA Cup worthy of their god-given talents, then that's their fault! there's clearly no harmony any more...

Jose hasn't lost the dressing room... it's lost itself!

Fair enough.
Just wondering how you perceive Hugo's comments ?

Seems to be much deeper than just the manager.
Not sure if you’ve ever worked under a cunt of a boss whose application of his measures are unbearable and you just detest even turning up to work.

I presume that’s how the players feel after being under his antiquated reign for 16 months. Some have lost motive.

Not sure if you’ve ever worked under a cunt of a boss whose application of his measures are unbearable and you just detest even turning up to work.

I presume that’s how the players feel after being under his antiquated reign for 16 months. Some have lost motive.

You may be on the money mate.
I just think it's deeper than that.

Back
Top Bottom