Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today showed Dele's still got quality if the team is set up a certain way.

Problem is I don't think we'll be facing many teams that play as high as Liverpool does, nor will Winks give off his best impression of Eriksen (on the ball) every match, and Dier hitting 100% of his long balls, as if he were Toby.

He was great today, but I'm skeptical that he'll pick up form from here on out.

I didn't think he was really all that great today but the expectations for him are so low that people get excited anytime he isn't complete shit.

Passing was still woeful, still made silly fouls as well. Didn't really show anything to indicate that there is anything with him worth trying to salvage.

If he's going to play like that every week then sell - not good enough for where we want to be, no confidence in front of goal

If that's the spark that is the start of a resurgence back to his old self and he quickly moves up the levels in the next few weeks then keep.

The ball is in his court - for the final time.

If he's going to play like that every week then sell - not good enough for where we want to be, no confidence in front of goal

If that's the spark that is the start of a resurgence back to his old self and he quickly moves up the levels in the next few weeks then keep.

So assuming everyone's back fit next week are you suggesting starting him again?

If not it's a bit more complicated than you make out.....

Confidence is delicate yet one of the most important things.
That doesn't come from sitting on the bench or being desperate when given an opportunity.

Dele might be putting himself in the shop window more than anything else at the moment and has a long way to go before cementing himself back in our team.

But I won't knock him for how he played against Liverpool. How he dealt with things in front of goal was in my opinion down to confidence.

Confidence is delicate yet one of the most important things.
That doesn't come from sitting on the bench or being desperate when given an opportunity.

Dele might be putting himself in the shop window more than anything else at the moment and has a long way to go before cementing himself back in our team.

But I won't knock him for how he played against Liverpool. How he dealt with things in front of goal was in my opinion down to confidence.

And a phenomenal save from Alison.

Back
Top Bottom