Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same sources that reported Barcelona's interest in Coutinho - make of that what you will

Which is/was?

Also; your first post implied that you knew how much other clubs were interested in paying for him......... Who was prepared to bid what?

Its not hindsight cos Dele was never the type of player that could justify his high valuations. He was a trequartista that excelled playing behind a top quality CF in Kane.

The kind of valuations he had are only justified for players that can carry a team and/or you build a team around imo. Dele was never that kind of player

Nah no one envisaged the type of drop off he would have, you're telling me you would have sold him at the first sign of a downward trend, even Poch was keen to hang onto him when he said that the team needed to be rebuilt.

What's my narrative?
Gonna go out on a limb here.... could be wrong though.

You always wanted light brown flowing locks and sweet looking close crop beard. You dyed your hair but it just didn't look right and you can't grow a beard... Every night you look into a mirror, wearing a Harry Kane face mask, crying, you scream 'I hate you! I hate you!

Close or no cigar?

Gonna go out on a limb here.... could be wrong though.

You always wanted light brown flowing locks and sweet looking close crop beard. You dyed your hair but it just didn't look right and you can't grow a beard... Every night you look into a mirror, wearing a Harry Kane face mask, crying, you scream 'I hate you! I hate you!

Close or no cigar?
:mourweird:

It’s a combination of too much too young & having his head turned by a glamorous lifestyle.
There was a time when he was one of the most exciting prospects in Europe.
Too busy with tattoos, fast women & his hair.
It’s a shame and I hope he can find that spark again.
The pity is that it’s seemingly more and more likely away from Spurs. A succession of managers can’t be wrong about him. It’s not like he’s not been given chances.
I think he needs to get away from Spurs as much as Spurs need to get away from him.
Sad. I liked his fire and shithousery. He’s a shadow of that player now
Will have to go down as Top 10 wasted talents of the decade along with Balotelli, Gotze, etc.

While I was of the opinion that Dele was overrated at his peak and should have been sold, I can still understand Levy not doing so.

But the issue is that Dele's has been continously declining for a few years now and yet he wouldnt sell. Even when Poch took over at PSG, it was an opportunity to potentially get soome decent value for him but nah we wouldnt even entertain the thought.

A year after, we probably have to shop him around to find any decent takers
Did PSG make an offer?

I recall many having it on their wishlist, but I don't recall any kind of offer being made.

There's plenty to pull Levy up on, but let's not create a narrative yeah?

Put a proper shift in and got into the box a lot which was great. Really should have scored and should have played a better square ball for Harry to tap in though, so not quite the full performance.

Looked more like the Alli of old today. Even bursting into the box. Should have done much better in the build up to Kane's big chance though. Gave him a really sloppy pass that allowed the keeper to close Harry down somewhat. But his best performance against good opposition for a long time overall.

Back
Top Bottom