Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Confidence is delicate yet one of the most important things.
That doesn't come from sitting on the bench or being desperate when given an opportunity.

Dele might be putting himself in the shop window more than anything else at the moment and has a long way to go before cementing himself back in our team.

But I won't knock him for how he played against Liverpool. How he dealt with things in front of goal was in my opinion down to confidence.
A little reminiscent of that first performance under Jose - needs a few more of those before I’d have confidence. Winks - on the other hand - (Mura aside) - has done his best to take the chances Conte has handed him.

A tentative fingers crossed..

And a phenomenal save from Alison.
It was a fantastic save but Dele still should have put that away.

Telegraphed really. A confident goal scorer doesn't give any keeper a chance there in my opinion.

If he's going to play like that every week then sell - not good enough for where we want to be, no confidence in front of goal

If that's the spark that is the start of a resurgence back to his old self and he quickly moves up the levels in the next few weeks then keep.

The ball is in his court - for the final time.

He was never going to immediately be confident in front of goal

Son's our top scorer and still looked nervous / unsure when through

Brilliant yesterday as was Winks as was Dier

But I’ll never let myself get fooled into believing these guys can change our course of history.

They may change my mind in that they have no place here, but it will take the rest of the season playing like that and even then to I’m talking squad players.

Efforts are greatly appreciated but it’s too little too late, and for me all three shouldn’t be starting next season.
Their flaws run too deep.

Best he's looked for a long time.

A couple nice classic Dele runs behind the line. One should've been a nice assist to Kane. One should've been a pen.

Obviously should've finished his chance too.

Let's see if he's capable of putting a nice run of matches together.

If and it is still if we play 3 matches before the end of the year we are going to have to bring any player including Winks and Dele that can play a part in at least one of them. If he plays like yesterday that will be good. It was the effort that impressed me.

It was a fantastic save but Dele still should have put that away.

Telegraphed really. A confident goal scorer doesn't give any keeper a chance there in my opinion.

Key word there....... Dele's not had much to feel confident about of late....

Played well yesterday, fair play to him.

Seen this before though under Mourinho's first few games in charge, so lets see if he can maintain it.

That was an excellent performance from him yesterday, not just "good." He was everywhere.

God I hope he keeps this up and makes me eat crow.
The reality is it's up to his teammates keep this up! He's always made these runs, just never been found.

Statistically, he did more or less the same as he has done when selected in other games recently.
1. Ran the same distance (a lot)
2. Put up the same pressing (pressure) numbers
3. Same number of intensity sprints
4. Made the same high volume of take-on's/dribbles
5. Same number of tackles

The difference is that his runs were actually picked out by his teammates. The team looked coached, knew he would run behind the oppo, there was no off the cuff stuff we've seen under the dinosaur. Players know what their roles and their teammate's roles are, these are coached attacking moves.

Finally have a proper manager at the helm.

Whilst a joke he’s either playing for a move or has suddenly woken up to the fact his career might be over. If he regularly put in shifts like today I would consider keeping him
He has regularly put in these shifts. I've posted numerous times in this thread to back that up, all the numbers were there.

The difference wasn't him, it was he was being found by teammates. Our attacks were planned, coached orchestrated attacks, something that hasn't existed for nearly THREE seasons now.

That's the difference. But maybe those who disagreed with me then could disagree with me now and tell me what the difference was precisely, I can compare his statistical numbers to then and this game and they are incredibly similar across the spectrum.

He has regularly put in these shifts. I've posted numerous times in this thread to back that up, all the numbers were there.

The difference wasn't him, it was he was being found by teammates. Our attacks were planned, coached orchestrated attacks, something that hasn't existed for nearly THREE seasons now.

That's the difference. But maybe those who disagreed with me then could disagree with me now and tell me what the difference was precisely, I can compare his statistical numbers to then and this game and they are incredibly similar across the spectrum.

There is no difference now he wasn't very good yesterday. He scored no goal, created no chances, his passing was terrible, he wasn't good with the ball at his feet and defensively he offered nothing.

People get excited because he had a couple of runs into the box that resulted in nothing.

The fact that people are trying to use that mediocre performance from Dele yesterday as some sort of positive shows just how shit he is.

There is no difference now he wasn't very good yesterday. He scored no goal, created no chances, his passing was terrible, he wasn't good with the ball at his feet and defensively he offered nothing.

People get excited because he had a couple of runs into the box that resulted in nothing.

The fact that people are trying to use that mediocre performance from Dele yesterday as some sort of positive shows just how shit he is.
And the resident comedian from mock the week is ...

Back
Top Bottom