Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif
Aye we are notorious big spenders

On wages, we can offer a significant increase on his reported wages of 80-100k a week.

We are also about to lose Wanyama, Eriksen, Alderweireld and maybe Vertonghen from our wage bill.
But all of those need to be replaced by, realistically, 150k+ per week signings. Eriksen, Toby and Jan all make way below market wages and we will now have to replace them with very poor signings, youth or players on twice the money they're currently making.

75k per week is now what a promising youth player makes at the top 6 clubs. 100k is a rotational option ala Lingard, Zinchenko and Drinkwater.

If anything, our ability to offer wage increases should be further limited next year, assuming it actually is now. but I think it's simply stinginess.

But all of those need to be replaced by, realistically, 150k+ per week signings. Eriksen, Toby and Jan all make way below market wages and we will now have to replace them with very poor signings, youth or players on twice the money they're currently making.

75k per week is now what a promising youth player makes at the top 6 clubs. 100k is a rotational option ala Lingard, Zinchenko and Drinkwater.

If anything, our ability to offer wage increases should be further limited next year, assuming it actually is now. but I think it's simply stinginess.
We have Eriksen's replacement in Lo Celso.

The defence does need a huge revamp mind.

We could get big money for Dele still.

We have Eriksen's replacement in Lo Celso.

The defence does need a huge revamp mind.

We could get big money for Dele still.
All true.

But Lo Celso is on twice Eriksen's salary and will cost approx 70 million euros, so his signing doesn't exactly leave much room for additional movement on the transfer front when you realize we have to buy at least 3-4 defenders in the coming 2 windows.

Dybala doesn't seem likely to leave Juve anytime soon regardless considering how much he risked to stay and how he's playing now, but it would be nice.

All true.

But Lo Celso is on twice Eriksen's salary and will cost approx 70 million euros, so his signing doesn't exactly leave much room for additional movement on the transfer front when you realize we have to buy at least 3-4 defenders in the coming 2 windows.

Dybala doesn't seem likely to leave Juve anytime soon regardless considering how much he risked to stay and how he's playing now, but it would be nice.
Hmm...I suppose.

Fuck knows what is going to happen with the defence.

I'd honestly be happy to play with Jan next to Tanganga for the rest of the eason to give him experience and seen how he gets on.

Certainly can't be worse than what Sanchez and Dier did today.

I'd even like to see Foyth/Tanganga at some point.

Hmm...I suppose.

I'd honestly be happy to play with Jan next to Tanganga for the rest of the eason to give him experience and seen how he gets on.

I mean I guess but I also think Tanganga is just a mythical beast who we put all our hopes on because the rest of them are shit. I bet he'd be even worse than what we've put out so far.

Foyth is our best bet going forward in my opinion, Sanchez is OK but I just feel he's stagnated badly, making way too many mistakes and I don't think he should be counted as a first choice for quite a while.

Toby-Jan are still obviously the best pairing but if anyone should get a chance to get experience this season I think it's Foyth, he's got the highest ceiling for me.

Dier however should never be anywhere near central defence, he's hilariously bad positionally and should only ever play in midfield. Maybe right back if we get a red card or 5 injuries.

I mean I guess but I also think Tanganga is just a mythical beast who we put all our hopes on because the rest of them are shit. I bet he'd be even worse than what we've put out so far.

Foyth is our best bet going forward in my opinion, Sanchez is OK but I just feel he's stagnated badly, making way too many mistakes and I don't think he should be counted as a first choice for quite a while.

Toby-Jan are still obviously the best pairing but if anyone should get a chance to get experience this season I think it's Foyth, he's got the highest ceiling for me.

Dier however should never be anywhere near central defence, he's hilariously bad positionally and should only ever play in midfield. Maybe right back if we get a red card or 5 injuries.
I've rated Japhet for years and years and years. He's very Daws.

What we'd do for Daws right now. Technically meh, but knows the game inside out and committed beyond belief.

Hmm...I suppose.

It's a tough one ain't it? Use the season to give the new guard time to stretch their muscles or squeeze a little more out of the old guard knowing that whilst it might steady parts of our game temporarily that it prevents the ones we may need to come through frommactually coming through.

We have some lovely young players but they static football and no desire to run unless they think a telegraphed ball will be played worries me for such a young team. I start to get the impression that Poch loves a player who looks pretty on the ball and that he ignores their intelligence off of it. I could be mistaken but at times I see 11 pretty individuals as opposed to gritty instinct football pulling teams all over with their movement.

Listen, just because a player makes a run and puts their hand up doesn't mean it's the prudent play to send the pass. There is someone on the other end that actually has to make that pass and suffer the discontent when it doesn't work out. There is also a thing called game situation that may dictate not making the pass that will just come back down your throats. There is also a possibility of these things being a player looking busy.

It is NOT a deficiency to not be able to play a 'Pirlo ball' over the top AND in front of the GK every 5 minutes Dele puts his hand up. To be able to do that is a skill/quality on the positive side of the ledger for certain players not a technical deficiency. Instead of the Hollywood ball he wants he should be able to put his ass between the lines and pass and play like a MF is supposed to.

You're being duped. He's doing the opposite of what folks complained about Gerrard doing, instead of playing the Hollywood ball everytime he got it because he couldn't do anything else Dele is on the other side of the coin making movements looking for the Hollywood ball. It's a scam because it's all he's got.
Youre talking absolute shite mate. Go rewatch that match weds, have a look at the amount of times hes open but the wrong choice is made. Since all this criticism hes comes out trying to get things going in a stale team.

Its not about finding hollywood passes all the time he comes to receive between the lines to get the game going forward. Right now we go cb to cb, to right or left back to cm back to cb. There is nobody finding that ball between the lines at the minute. Ndombele is the only one taking it on the half turn looking for that ball but hes still finding his feet.

Eriksen has been that man for us until this season, dele is making the runs that usually hes found with.

Sick of dele getting the blame when the whole teams performing shit and hes far from the worst of it.

Unreal how quick people can turn on players they love singing the name of

Youre talking absolute shite mate. Go rewatch that match weds, have a look at the amount of times hes open but the wrong choice is made. Since all this criticism hes comes out trying to get things going in a stale team.

Its not about finding hollywood passes all the time he comes to receive between the lines to get the game going forward. Right now we go cb to cb, to right or left back to cm back to cb. There is nobody finding that ball between the lines at the minute. Ndombele is the only one taking it on the half turn looking for that ball but hes still finding his feet.

Eriksen has been that man for us until this season, dele is making the runs that usually hes found with.

Sick of dele getting the blame when the whole teams performing shit and hes far from the worst of it.

Unreal how quick people can turn on players they love singing the name of
Ok buddy.

I find it hilarious that people are mad at us being shit, but they laud the utter crapness of Dele Alli and want him in the team.

Same with Poch....moan about winning fuck all under ENIC, and us being toilet, then back mediocrity which has now become a relegation issue.

Back
Top Bottom