Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Repeated injuries in the same place is a "lame excuse". Dear God.
If you didn’t extend the same sympathy to Trippier, Dier, Wanyama, Janssen and Lamela you can all fuck off with your tedious fake support.

Sick of you pretenders thinking that defending Dele, Kane, Eriksen (oops)and Poch is all you need to do to make to a better fan.

Dele has suffered no more than anyone else, and unlike anyone else, he’s had 100s of games to get back to form.

People see what they've decided they are going to see.

He's been pretty good this season and seems to be getting back amongst the goals. He's an unusual player for an AM, doesn't hold onto the ball for long. He's all about movement and being involved in quick exchanges.

I've heard it said 'he doesn't do much apart from score goals' - as criticisms go it's an interesting one, you'd think as an attacking midfielder it's not a bad trick to have. That Frank Lampard was crap wasn't he, rubbish career apart from the 200 odd goals from an AM position...

You post a lot.....a hell of a lot. But not much about Deles game.

You’ve got a nerve talking about facts and harping on about me getting his World Cup injury wrong and using it like it excuses him being shit in 2017 and shit now.
It doesn’t.

My feelings are in 2016 I thought he was going to be our Paul Gascoigne.
Since then he has slowly declined into Jason Dozell.
You’ve denied he was poor....try googling “dele alli poor form”...is the whole world wrong?
But you’ve seen him play well?

People sitting there lauding four year old stats ffs.

Have you been to Hotspur Way? Have you seen anything in the pitch that makes you think Dele stays behind to perfect himself and improve?

You seem happy to watch him prancing around on the pitch doing nothing because in 2016 he was good. But as I say, you won’t extend the same courtesy to Dier or Wanyama.
Players who your messiah of a manager could do well to integrate over the likes of Dele or Eriksen in the center of our midfield so we actually have a tough DM there instead of two fucking fairies.

But no. The good fans happy clap shit management, and laud crap performers because in their heads, Dele playing shit, is better than others playing well.

Congratulations.......you have the manager you want, and you’ve had his team selections that you have lauded because he can do no wrong and your poster boys should never be dropped.
And look at us now.

When I was calling for Lo Celso you were all defending Pochy.
Now you want Lo Celso.

Facts.

You make some of the best argued points on here but can get it wrong - as with Klopp, but to your credit acknowledge it.

You have been right on Eriksen but I think on Alli, if he stays fit you will be proved incorrect.

On Lo Celso he undoubtedly needed time and crucially let's see how he goes from now.

If you didn’t extend the same sympathy to Trippier, Dier, Wanyama, Janssen and Lamela you can all fuck off with your tedious fake support.

Sick of you pretenders thinking that defending Dele, Kane, Eriksen (oops)and Poch is all you need to do to make to a better fan.

Dele has suffered no more than anyone else, and unlike anyone else, he’s had 100s of games to get back to form.

Bin vote cast.

He's an unusual player for an AM, doesn't hold onto the ball for long.
:deledoubt: One of the main complaints about Dele for his whole time with his is holding it too long/too many touches and slowing moves. Even his assist to Sonny the other night was held a bit too long with no deception to move defenders. It was almost, and probably should have been, snuffed out by the retreating FB.

But as far as being an unusual AM you are correct. They usually come with more technical ability. But he is bring a little more effort lately.

Bin vote cast.
Couldn’t give a fuck
Just goes to show how many there are on here who think that supporting Dele but not Dier is being some kind of proper fan.

Too many shallow pricks on here who can’t see what plays out on front of them every week so live in 2016.
Same pricks can’t show the same support for all the players though....

“ooooh Dele scored a worldie at Palace four years ago let’s play him every week til he’s 37”

:pochfacepalm:

You make some of the best argued points on here but can get it wrong - as with Klopp, but to your credit acknowledge it.

You have been right on Eriksen but I think on Alli, if he stays fit you will be proved incorrect.

On Lo Celso he undoubtedly needed time and crucially let's see how he goes from now.
Needed time for what?
He played for Argentina but wasn’t fit for spurs?
It’s bollocks

And all this resurgence in his support has from one single goal at Everton, fickle muppets
Crafty goal v Watford.

dele-alli-750x536.jpg

You post a lot.....a hell of a lot. But not much about Deles game.

You’ve got a nerve talking about facts and harping on about me getting his World Cup injury wrong and using it like it excuses him being shit in 2017 and shit now.
It doesn’t.

My feelings are in 2016 I thought he was going to be our Paul Gascoigne.
Since then he has slowly declined into Jason Dozell.
You’ve denied he was poor....try googling “dele alli poor form”...is the whole world wrong?
But you’ve seen him play well?

People sitting there lauding four year old stats ffs.

Have you been to Hotspur Way? Have you seen anything in the pitch that makes you think Dele stays behind to perfect himself and improve?

You seem happy to watch him prancing around on the pitch doing nothing because in 2016 he was good. But as I say, you won’t extend the same courtesy to Dier or Wanyama.
Players who your messiah of a manager could do well to integrate over the likes of Dele or Eriksen in the center of our midfield so we actually have a tough DM there instead of two fucking fairies.

But no. The good fans happy clap shit management, and laud crap performers because in their heads, Dele playing shit, is better than others playing well.

Congratulations.......you have the manager you want, and you’ve had his team selections that you have lauded because he can do no wrong and your poster boys should never be dropped.
And look at us now.

When I was calling for Lo Celso you were all defending Pochy.
Now you want Lo Celso.

Facts.
I've debated all there is to debate about Dele, not worth repeating the stuff over and over again, if you want to I'm not stopping you.

I will say this for a 3rd time though as I'm not sure it's sinking in. My post was to pick you up on the "facts" you thought were facts but turned out they were bullshit.

My post also found it hilarious that you now acknowledge that he was deployed in a deeper role, something you argued with me for a season or so that he wasn't.

I aslo picked you up on one of the most ridiculous comments I've heard, when you say that injuries are just an excuse.

That's all.

:adethumbup:

Not getting into that.

Do we have much better options at present or is not preferable to keep giving him a chance, be that starting or as a sub in the hope of a return to a semblance of form?
Starting, sub, whatever. Minutes. I'd prefer consistency over talisman like hope.

Not forever mind, but pretty sure he can play his way back into form provided there's a consistent plan. Oh, wait...

Needed time for what?
He played for Argentina but wasn’t fit for spurs?
It’s bollocks

sammy i hear you on the first point you have made on the support for one player and not the other but the point regarding locelso you know is shit playing a player with no preseason where a coach is allowed to assess the condition and ability of player is crucial on whether a player jumps in the starting line up start of the season. Poch didn't have that luxury.

I've debated all there is to debate about Dele, not worth repeating the stuff over and over again, if you want to I'm not stopping you.

I will say this for a 3rd time though as I'm not sure it's sinking in. My post was to pick you up on the "facts" you thought were facts but turned out they were bullshit.

My post also found it hilarious that you now acknowledge that he was deployed in a deeper role, something you argued with me for a season or so that he wasn't.

I aslo picked you up on one of the most ridiculous comments I've heard, when you say that injuries are just an excuse.

That's all.

:adethumbup:
Do you want to see Dier or Wanyama play every week?
If not, take your fake good support, and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

Ive had it with you Preacher Men.

Trying to sell utopia, while fucking prostitutes and gambling so to speak.
You bore me.

I stand for my views, I admit I can be rash, and harsh. You stand for nothing, but your “one rule for my favorites and another for the 19 other members of the squad”

As I said, when you show the same courtesy to other players as you do Dele, then you can come and tell me something about opinions.
Until then, you’re just a massive hypocrite.

Yeah I can be too.....but at least I know that.
Your support is fucking shit mate.

It literally extends to just Poch, Kane and Dele now you jumped on my Eriksen bandwagon, and all of a sudden you couldn’t give a shit if he never wears the shirt again.
Ouch.

Maybe should have put some of that “die hard” backing into loyal servants like Davies instead.

Last edited:
:deledoubt: One of the main complaints about Dele for his whole time with his is holding it too long/too many touches and slowing moves. Even his assist to Sonny the other night was held a bit too long with no deception to move defenders. It was almost, and probably should have been, snuffed out by the retreating FB.

But as far as being an unusual AM you are correct. They usually come with more technical ability. But he is bring a little more effort lately.
No doubt he could move the ball on quicker at times, I mean more that it's rare he'll pick up the ball and go on lengthy dribbles like Son or Moura.

Mount better than Dele? Showed that much in his half a dozen games has he?

Oxlaide better than Dele? Better at being perma-injured. Or does his outside of the boot goal count as 150 or something?

Maddison? A few free kicks and a purple patch for a form side.

Barkley? Would have been a decent squad signing for us, but better than Dele?

Fuck off.

Do you want to see Dier or Wanyama play every week?
If not, take your fake good support, and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

Ive had it with you Preacher Men.

Trying to sell utopia, while fucking prostitutes and gambling so to speak.
You bore me.

I stand for my views, I admit I can be rash, and harsh. You stand for nothing, but your “one rule for my favorites and another for the 19 other members of the squad”

As I said, when you show the same courtesy to other players as you do Dele, then you can come and tell me something about opinions.
Until then, you’re just a massive hypocrite.

Yeah I can be too.....but at least I know that.
Your support is fucking shit mate.

It literally extends to just Poch, Kane and Dele now you jumped on my Eriksen bandwagon, and all of a sudden you couldn’t give a shit if he never wears the shirt again.
Ouch.

Maybe should have put some of that “die hard” backing into loyal servants like Davies instead.
:dembelelol:

What the fuck are you on about mate?!?

You must have me confused with someone else, unless you are simply continuing to make up stuff.

Back
Top Bottom