Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toby’s not coming back so Son kept his spot.
When Kane is fit, and Moura gets up to speed, it’s one of Dele or Son who makes way.
Oops, awkward.
Son kept his spot because he was banging goals. Do you still believe Poch would have dropped him irrespective? Everyone is calling you out btw

All Comps:

Lingard - 13G, 4A
Alli - 10G, 13A

Lingard is having a good season to his standards. But alli’s supposed bad season is still statistically better. And performance wise Dele’s best is more than twice as good as Lingards. In my opinion anyway.

I think Alli, as I prefer to call him has been such a revelation since he joined us that the expectation and thus our view of him can be distorted.

He has not had his best season and yet it is better than the average.

Many were saying Ronaldo (on a completely different stratosphere) was having a poor season. Well he might be but by the kind of measure only one other player on the planet could be judged against.

It's a good test for Alli. How good does he want to be. Has he been found out? I suspect not but possibly he might need the thrust that a new challenge brings. I hope he just resets himself and gives us a couple more years.

In the short term I am sure he will want to prove a point in the FA Cup semi-final.

Son kept his spot because he was banging goals. Do you still believe Poch would have dropped him irrespective? Everyone is calling you out btw
You and Mick....oooooooh

If Toby signed his contract and was back up to speed, do you think he wouldn’t have got in the side?
Do you think we would have benched Sanchez or Jan?
We would have reverted to 3 at the back and 3 up top. That means Son or Dele out.
Awkward for you.

It so tragic your Son bandwagon jumping. Son was banging them in all last season too. 24 goals, still benched.....he starts the season benched, he got his chance with Dele banned in the CL, and destroyed Dortmund at Wembley. Benched straight after.

You didn’t mind then though....you were all for it.
Then Toby got injured and we eventually went 4 up top with a back 4 effectively.

All this was discussed in the winter, people tried to deny it then, like you will now, but the only reason Son became a starter is becaus Toby got injured.

You and Mick....oooooooh

If Toby signed his contract and was back up to speed, do you think he wouldn’t have got in the side?
Do you think we would have benched Sanchez or Jan?
We would have reverted to 3 at the back and 3 up top. That means Son or Dele out.
Awkward for you.

It so tragic your Son bandwagon jumping. Son was banging them in all last season too. 24 goals, still benched.....he starts the season benched, he got his chance with Dele banned in the CL, and destroyed Dortmund at Wembley. Benched straight after.

You didn’t mind then though....you were all for it.
Then Toby got injured and we eventually went 4 up top with a back 4 effectively.

All this was discussed in the winter, people tried to deny it then, like you will now, but the only reason Son became a starter is becaus Toby got injured.
You're delusional and quite frankly borderline deranged. None of the above is true or anything close to reality. As I said - you need help. Lingard - LMFAO

You're delusional and quite frankly borderline deranged. None of the above is true or anything close to reality. As I said - you need help. Lingard - LMFAO
It’s so untrue that you have absolutely no idea how to counter any of it. So you answer with “Lingard LOL”

Just shows how little knowledge of this club you actually have.
You have denied facts. Unless you think Son didn’t score a shit load of goals last season, and was still used as a utility player.

Or that he started this season as a sub when our front three was Kane Dele and Eriksen.

Oh dear, run along, you use this club as an internet “thing” you dont live it daily.

So bandwagon have I jumped on then Mick?

I’ve been consistent and largely alone in my views on Dele, because not many speak up and admit he was much better last season.

It’s really hilarious actually.

You are basically saying that if a player plays poor, I call it, but when they play well change my view.

Then try to claim I have an agenda. Hahaha
You call it?
what are you -some self appointed footballing seer, who is the only one anointed with the gift of footballing insight?

You seem to have little grasp of a players influence - unless they are scoring goals or running around like a headless chicken.

Try and show a little humility, and accept the fact that people have different opinions that are just as valid as yours, and you know - its not a mark of shame to prefer footballers who bring different things to a team than your favourites, and its unappealing to be derided for doing so, by someone whose only justification is that you think they are shite, playing shite or just not living up to your personal expectations.

You call it?
what are you -some self appointed footballing seer, who is the only one anointed with the gift of footballing insight?

You seem to have little grasp of a players influence - unless they are scoring goals or running around like a headless chicken.

Try and show a little humility, and accept the fact that people have different opinions that are just as valid as yours, and you know - its not a mark of shame to prefer footballers who bring different things to a team than your favourites, and its unappealing to be derided for doing so, by someone whose only justification is that you think they are shite, playing shite or just not living up to your personal expectations.

Funny, because a couple weeks ago I said Dele was playing better now than he was at the start of the season even though he was scoring more then.

Hahaha, I’ll dig it up later as proof.

It’s so untrue that you have absolutely no idea how to counter any of it. So you answer with “Lingard LOL”

Just shows how little knowledge of this club you actually have.
You have denied facts. Unless you think Son didn’t score a shit load of goals last season, and was still used as a utility player.

Or that he started this season as a sub when our front three was Kane Dele and Eriksen.

Oh dear, run along, you use this club as an internet “thing” you dont live it daily.
Counter what - your made up lies about dropping Son for Toby - pure conjecture? Or the fact Toby is refusing to sign a contact - another made up lie? Or that Poch hates Son and refuses to play him when in fact none of that is factually true? As I said - the delusion is real

Difficult job being an International manager, you only have a limited time with players and some clubs do everything within their power to hold players back.

We're not to know what goes on behind closed doors but it's clear Dele picked up a knock and wasn't 100% match fit. It's conceivable our coaching staff said he could go on international duty but spoke to Southgate, making him aware of the issue. Getting the players bonding and used to each other in training is as important as playing games, perhaps Southgate appreciated the opportunity for him to be part of the team but out of respect decided to rest him for games. We all know Dele if fit is going to the World Cup so the friendlies are a great opportunity to test other options. Don't really think there is much to see here...

Counter what - your made up lies about dropping Son for Toby - pure conjecture? Or the fact Toby is refusing to sign a contact - another made up lie?
Son was a bench player last season and the start of this.
Please deny that.

We used a front three as our main formation up until about November this season.
Please deny that.

With Toby out, after a small stint with Dier at CB in a back three, we reverted to a back 4.
Go on, deny it.

That meant two CMs and a front four, and that’s when Son started playing every week.

Conjecture? Hahaha, you are so clueless about Spurs I cringe reading your shit posts.

Son was a bench player all last season and the start of this.
Please deny that.

We used a front three as our main formation up until about November this season.
Please deny that.

With Toby out, after a small stint with Dier at CB in a back three, we reverted to a back 4.
Go on, deny it.

That meant two CMs and a front four, and that’s when Son started playing every week.

Conjecture? Hahaha, you are so clueless about Spurs I cringe reading your shit posts.
Son started 23 PL games last season and played a total of 2070 minutes over 34 games - average of 61 minutes per game - deny that. What does that have to do with your late attempt of Lingard to Dele anyway?

What does our formation have to do with your made up lies about Son dropping irrespective of form when a player returns? Or Toby stalling a contact? You said he's never coming back - ITK?

Son started 23 PL games last season and played a total of 2070 minutes over 34 games - average of 61 minutes per game - deny that. What does that have to do with your late attempt of Lingard to Dele anyway?

What does our formation have to do with your made up lies about Son dropping irrespective of form when a player returns? Or Toby stalling a contact? You said he's never coming back - ITK?

Hahahahaha

Deny it??
You just proved my point. Son was used as a bench player last season. Starting 23 PL games means he didn’t start 15....61 minutes per match. A match is 90 minutes.
So as I said, used from the bench. Harry also suffered two injuries last season contributing to a lot of those starts for Son.

Hahahahaha, oh dear oh dear, that was a good one.

Hahahahaha

Deny it??
You just proved my point. Son was used as a bench player laste season. Starting 23 PL games means he didn’t start 15....61 minutes per match. A match is 90 minutes.
So as I said, used from the bench. Harry also suffered two injuries last season contributing to a lot of those starts for Son.

Hahahahaha, oh dear oh dear, that was a good one.
He started 23 games and played an average of 61 minutes - are you thick? Bench players get 20-30 mins per game you mug.

What does any of that have to do with your initial lies and benching him for Moura?

He started 23 games and played an average of 61 minutes - are you thick? Bench players get 20-30 mins per game you mug.

What does any of that have to do with your initial lies and benching him for Moura?
Hahahahahaha so now there’s an egg timer on the side of the pitch to decide what is an actual sub.

If you play on average half an hour less than a full match, don’t start in 15 games (about 35% of the season) and are used to cover an injured striker, you aren’t a bench player?

Hahahahah

Hahahahahaha so now there’s an egg timer on the side of the pitch to decide what is an actual sub.

If you play on average half an hour less than a full match, don’t start in 15 games (about 35% of the season) and are used to cover an injured striker, you aren’t a bench player?
Hahahahah
Embarrassing - you're beyond reprisal. Son was an integral player of our team last season and the numbers prove that

Why this side argument about last season anyway? Why are you detracting from your initial lies?

Back
Top Bottom