Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More rest for him before the game against Chavs. I don’t know why people complain when our players don’t play that much in these useless friendlies.

Definitely for a guaranteed starter like Dele I agree with you.

However the likes of Trippier and Rose who get rotated I think would have benefitted from the game rime

So you would pick lingard rather than Alli if they were both Spurs?
Is that what you mean?

This season? I’d definitely be rotating them.
I’d rotate Dele with Moura, Lamela and Son too, and would have all season.

But you know that don’t you.
Was there any point to your post, because if so I missed it.

This season? I’d definitely be rotating them.
I’d rotate Dele with Moura, Lamela and Son too, and would have all season.

But you know that don’t you.
Was there any point to your post, because if so I missed it.
Why would you rotate Son our most in-form attacking player for Moura who's nowhere near PL fit - not even Poch does that? Son's name is first for on the 11 atm

Why would you rotate Son our most in-form attacking player for Moura who's nowhere near PL fit - not even Poch does that? Son's name is first for on the 11 atm
I’m referring to the beginning of the season.
Its really hilarious to see you championing Son.....proper bandwagon jumper.

Back in the Autumn when I was saying Son deserves to start ahead of Dele, and used our CL games as evidence that we were more than capable of playing brilliantly with Dele on the bench, you were all about the disagrees weren’t you.
Son didn’t deserve to play then, but it’s ok if he plays NOW as long as Dele plays too.

I’d happily rotate Dele and Moura when Kane is fit. I thought we were epic against Swansea.

Lingard has had a better season to be honest

All Comps:

Lingard - 13G, 4A
Alli - 10G, 13A

Lingard is having a good season to his standards. But alli’s supposed bad season is still statistically better. And performance wise Dele’s best is more than twice as good as Lingards. In my opinion anyway.

Back in the Autumn when I was saying Son deserves to start ahead of Dele, and used our CL games as evidence that we were more than capable of playing brilliantly with Dele on the bench, you were all about the disagrees weren’t you.
Son didn’t deserve to play then, but it’s ok if he plays NOW as long as Dele plays too.

I’d happily rotate Dele and Moura when Kane is fit. I thought we were epic against Swansea.
You said Son would 100% be dropped when Toby is back - or when we sign Moura, etc. Moura is nowhere near Son's level atm - makes no sense to rotate the 2 right now. For me, Moura is one for next season

What I meant was Lingard has had a better season than Dele.
That’s exactly what I wrote.
Lingard is a limited player who doesn't contribute much to the attacking play or final move other than some pace and the odd cracker. Dele involves all 4 of our attacking players and provides many more assists in general. I also consider him technically superior.

Your agenda against Dele is becoming laughable, mate - give over. Who's next? Callum Wilson? Stanislas?

Last edited:

You can't call anyone a bandwagon jumper - as you are the ultimate bandwagon supporter.
The minute any player drops below your performance horizon - they are shite.
You have hobby horsed the demise of Alli pretty much all this season, as its now your bandwagon that you can't get off.

Its all a bit tedious now TBH.

Although comical that you actually can't see past your prejudice against the guy.

Thank god you don't pick the team.

Lingard

:pochfacepalm:
What I meant was Lingard has had a better season than Dele.
That’s exactly what I wrote.
and I asked you to qualify it, not an unreasonable question, although ultimately a waste of time as it simply confirms your prejudice. Or intransigence and inability to either admit you are wrong, or incapable of recognising talent when it runs around a football field.

Lingard

All Comps:

Lingard - 13G, 4A
Alli - 10G, 13A

Lingard is having a good season to his standards. But alli’s supposed bad season is still statistically better. And performance wise Dele’s best is more than twice as good as Lingards. In my opinion anyway.
Dele is a better player and by his standards I think he’s been average, despite decent stats. An assist is simply a completed pass at the end of the day.

You can contribute ten times more without an assist than someone who has an assist in a game.

Last edited:
You can't call anyone a bandwagon jumper - as you are the ultimate bandwagon supporter.
The minute any player drops below your performance horizon - they are shite.
You have hobby horsed the demise of Alli pretty much all this season, as its now your bandwagon that you can't get off.

Its all a bit tedious now TBH.

Although comical that you actually can't see past your prejudice against the guy.

Thank god you don't pick the team.

Lingard

and I asked you to qualify it, not an unreasonable question, although ultimately a waste of time as it simply confirms your prejudice. Or intransigence and inability to either admit you are wrong, or incapable of recognising talent when it runs around a football field.

Lingard

So what bandwagon have I jumped on then Mick?

I’ve been consistent and largely alone in my views on Dele, because not many speak up and admit he was much better last season.

It’s really hilarious actually.

You are basically saying that if a player plays poor, I call it, but when they play well change my view.

Then try to claim I have an agenda. Hahaha

Last edited:
You said Son would 100% be dropped when Toby is back - or when we sign Moura, etc. Moura is nowhere near Son's level atm - makes no sense to rotate the 2 right now. For me, Moura is one for next season

Toby’s not coming back so Son kept his spot.
When Kane is fit, and Moura gets up to speed, it’s one of Dele or Son who makes way.

Oops, awkward.

Back
Top Bottom