Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact is I don't see that player who scored that wonder goal at Palace anymore and the air of excitement when he has the ball has gone.
That's a good point and sadly i feel the same. I think he's a great young player with masses of potential but has maybe let the hype go to his head. I like Dele and hope he stays and develops with us, but if i'm honest i don't think he will. As i say i rate him but i'm not in love with him as some of our fans seem to be.

I personally dont think Dele has been as bad this season as some suggest, but he was woeful yesterday and I agree totally with Emperor above he definitely has to harden up, for someone with such an attitude he does tend to bottle every 50-50 ball/challenge that comes his way and he was totally uninterested in making a challenge yesterday.

I'm talking about the onslaught I took and accusations of hating Dele and having an agenda and being called a cunt because I said he had been poor over 6 weeks ago.

Now it appears to be an accepted consensus in here

:pochfacepalm:
Been saying the same for quite some time now mate.

He was dreadful on Saturday, too many touches all the time, I think he gave the ball away every time he touched it. He seems to slow play down as he holds onto the ball for too long, and when he does try and play quicker his passes are not good.

He must seriously start to knuckle down now, and stop worrying about who his next fucking agent will be. If you ain't doing it on the pitch now, it doesn't matter what super agent you have if you aren't proving you're worth more.

See I don't agree with that, I'm just calling a spade a spade. I don't think someone like sissoko will be here in that time frame probably either, he has performed better than Alli has of late.

This is what really gets me with some supporters, some will have a few players who are untouchable when it comes to criticism, and it stinks. They either do not watch the games, or have no clue what they are looking at. People need to accept, he has not performed well enough this season. If you make allowances all the time for your favourites, and accept not being good enough is good enough and make excuses up all the time, then how can you ever expect success if you are willing to set the bar low. This isn't spurs of the 90s-00s. If you want a very good side, then the players must be at it pretty much all the time.

Do you think the likes of scholars and Keane and giggs etc let their standards slip? This is what made great football teams

So when I said Dele wasn't playing well, and 349 people responded with rabid fury, that was ok? But debating my opinion back to them wasn't?

Ok. Well I'm glad you all agreed that Dele was poor at the beginning of the season. Next time just click agree, instead of writing posts that actually disagree with what I said.

:dembelewtf:

"Rabid Fury"???

:dembelewtf:

...What was that you were saying about hyperbole earlier?

I personally dont think Dele has been as bad this season as some suggest, but he was woeful yesterday and I agree totally with Emperor above he definitely has to harden up, for someone with such an attitude he does tend to bottle every 50-50 ball/challenge that comes his way and he was totally uninterested in making a challenge yesterday.

Tis curious when you consider the tenacity he showed when he scored against France.

Been saying the same for quite some time now mate.

He was dreadful on Saturday, too many touches all the time, I think he gave the ball away every time he touched it. He seems to slow play down as he holds onto the ball for too long, and when he does try and play quicker his passes are not good.

He must seriously start to knuckle down now, and stop worrying about who his next fucking agent will be. If you ain't doing it on the pitch now, it doesn't matter what super agent you have if you aren't proving you're worth more.

I don’t think he was fit

In a very strange way, a not-so-good season at his age may actually not be bad for his development (and may keep him with us longer). I know it's not great for us short term, but you know what I mean.

I couldn't give a toss.

You can all congratulate Dele on his stunning performance yesterday if that's what floats your boat.

I mean, Dele, poor?

What???!!! He's young!!!! Remember last season and the one before??!!!
How could he be poor this season?

:goonermong:

Yeh he was shit against RM wasn’t he?

Yeh he was shit against RM wasn’t he?

No he was excellent as he was against Liverpool.

Struggling to think of another game where he's hit those standards though this season.
Those two games are his level. He's not going to hit that level every week, but should be more often than twice in 15 odd games.

Can you name the other games he played as well as he did v Real and Liverpool this season
Other than Woolwich when most were poor he has been decent to above average as his number actually corroborate that

He's one of our best players, biggest goal threats and should start every game when fit - he won't be benched

Back
Top Bottom