Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh please stop it with the ‘our’. Yes, he was shit today - the worst performance from him I’ve witnessed, but why reference Pogba? It’s obvious you are a Utd fan, why not admit it? It couldn’t go any worse for you if you did, surely? What do you get out of this?
Oh please stop it with the ‘our’. Yes, he was shit today - the worst performance from him I’ve witnessed, but why reference Pogba? It’s obvious you are a Utd fan, why not admit it? It couldn’t go any worse for you if you did, surely? What do you get out of this?

No doubt you have your idea of what a Tottenham fan should and should not write on here and base all your responses accordingly.

It's analysis mate. Mine to make unless of course you get the yellow card wavers who can't debate and run to the referee to cry foul, which says so much about them.

My comment and I think if I were a United fan I would spend my time appropriately was made as a comparison of two players. One a very expensive purchase who this sesson and part of last has in my opinion started to show just why so much was spent on him and Alli, who needs to be careful of believing all the hype and forgetting the basics. That he is talented is beyond doubt. That he is a different type of player to Pogba is definite but my comment is about closeness to optimum performance. Alli this season is not even at 90%.

You know I was a football fan before being a Spurs fan so I think it's alright to look at it in the round within reason.

There is not one ounce of me that cares for any other Premier League team but that does not stop me from being balanced.

Whatever we think of our Alli, I think Pogba this seasom has shown why he is a grade above our man in terms of influence.

Alli has much to learn if he is to be as good as we and others thought. A long way.

2 goals against Madrid do not mask deficiencies.
And your Utd are several grades below City

Ahhhhhh so it's ok to critique Dele now?

Fucking LOL
I think it's more a critique of the lack of quality depth (superb results with injuries doesn't change that).
It's normal for a player of his age to have shit games and drift in and out. Saying that his output by the end of the season has always been immense.

You have now succesfully morphed 100% into Ole Gibbsy. Congratulations!
I couldn't give a toss.

You can all congratulate Dele on his stunning performance yesterday if that's what floats your boat.

I mean, Dele, poor?

What???!!! He's young!!!! Remember last season and the one before??!!!
How could he be poor this season?

:goonermong:

I'm talking about the onslaught I took and accusations of hating Dele and having an agenda and being called a cunt because I said he had been poor over 6 weeks ago.

Now it appears to be an accepted consensus in here

:pochfacepalm:
The “onslaught” wasn’t due to your opinion if I recall it correctly, more for the fact that you couldn’t make a single post over a several week period without mentioning it.

Is it out of the question to sell Dele in the summer?
Yes. He has so much more to offer than he showed yesterday.

Poch appears to believe he’s invaluable. I’d be very surprised if that attitude wasn’t reflected by every other manager out there. They all think he’s of the highest quality, worth huge potential to grow.

Yet he has a difficult couple of months and a bunch of forum posters want him gone.

The “onslaught” wasn’t due to your opinion if I recall it correctly, more for the fact that you couldn’t make a single post over a several week period without mentioning it.
Awwwww poor forum members....so you all agreed but just didn't like that I said it too often now?

ALLLLL ABOAAAAAAAARD THE BANDWAGON IS LEAVING!!!!!!

Lol

Awwwww poor forum members....so you all agreed but just didn't like that I said it too often now?

ALLLLL ABOAAAAAAAARD THE BANDWAGON IS LEAVING!!!!!!

Lol
Yeah, that’s exactly it. He wasn’t playing well and didn’t yesterday. Now it’s your turn to post that 349 times in the next fortnight just in case we weren’t sure of your opinion.

Yeah, that’s exactly it. He wasn’t playing well and didn’t yesterday. Now it’s your turn to post that 349 times in the next fortnight just in case we weren’t sure of your opinion.

So when I said Dele wasn't playing well, and 349 people responded with rabid fury, that was ok? But debating my opinion back to them wasn't?

Ok. Well I'm glad you all agreed that Dele was poor at the beginning of the season. Next time just click agree, instead of writing posts that actually disagree with what I said.

:dembelewtf:

So when I said Dele wasn't playing well, and 349 people responded with rabid fury, that was ok? But debating my opinion back to them wasn't?

Ok. Well I'm glad you all agreed that Dele was poor at the beginning of the season. Next time just click agree, instead of writing posts that actually disagree with what I said.

:dembelewtf:
Thanks for the forum etiquette guide. But to quote you - Awwwww poor forum member.

Thanks for the forum etiquette guide. But to quote you - Awwwww poor forum member.
Water off a ducks back mate.

I'd sit here laughing at the ridiculous turncoat behavior this place exhibits if it was funny. But it's not.

The fact is I don't see that player who scored that wonder goal at Palace anymore and the air of excitement when he has the ball has gone. I don't wait for the magic anymore, I wait for him to get muscled off the ball and sit on the floor waiting for the whistle.

It's a real shame

Yes. He has so much more to offer than he showed yesterday.

Poch appears to believe he’s invaluable. I’d be very surprised if that attitude wasn’t reflected by every other manager out there. They all think he’s of the highest quality, worth huge potential to grow.

Yet he has a difficult couple of months and a bunch of forum posters want him gone.

I’d hate to see him sold, but I think his head is being turned by the talk of agents.

One thing he's unquestionably gotta do is harden and man up. Gets tackled and knocked off the ball far too easily at times, and the way he pulled out of a 50/50 header yesterday and fell to the fall crying foul was quite frankly embarrassing and criminal.
Add that bit of upper-body strength / aggression and 'zip' to his game, and we've got one hell of a player on our books.
He's still got a lot to learn...

Back
Top Bottom