Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really good piece this...

Don't agree about the agent bit though, all agents earn money by negotiating new deals on a player in their stable, so if it's a mega agent or a parent the objective is the same.

Really good piece this...

Don't agree about the agent bit though, all agents earn money by negotiating new deals on a player in their stable, so if it's a mega agent or a parent the objective is the same.

Think this sums it up pretty succinctly tbf.

I hate to think of him going - despite the debate about his performances, he is a match winner for us. At a time when many are begging us to go find a squad addition who can add that something special, Dele can provide us with that at times and we would miss it.

He needs to improve and will imo. Let's enjoy him for as long as it lasts!

Oh and let's see more of the Dier/Dele bromance instead of all this agent talk to raise the spirits around him :)

Didn’t see the game. Did Dele play deeper? How did he do?
He and Eriksen alternated who took the deeper and who took the offensive role it seemed to me and both did well. Dele being good in a deeper role is not that surprising since he spent most of his youth years as a holding/center midfielder.

He and Eriksen alternated who took the deeper and who took the offensive role it seemed to me and both did well. Dele being good in a deeper role is not that surprising since he spent most of his youth years as a holding/center midfielder.
I think dropping Dele deeper is the future. I'd say a midfield two of Winks/Wanyama and Dele/Dembele. With Eriksen, Son, and Lamela competing for the two places behind Harry could be very tasty.

I think dropping Dele deeper is the future. I'd say a midfield two of Winks/Wanyama and Dele/Dembele. With Eriksen, Son, and Lamela competing for the two places behind Harry could be very tasty.
Comes down to the opposition on the day IMO. It's pretty nifty that we have so many versatile players. Son, Dele and to a degree Eriksen in the offensive line. Kane can drift out wide as well but his strengths are obviously as a central striker.

And in defense we have Dier, Ben and Jan who can all work on multiple positions well enough, and Toby as well to some degree even if he is obviously at his best as a CB. Sissoko can operate in most midfield roles as well as can Dembéle and Winks (Winks when it comes to the defensive roles, remains to be seen if he can convert to a more out and out offensive midfielder).

That's a scary amount of versatility right there

Last edited:
Comes down to the opposition on the day IMO. It's pretty nifty that we have so many versatile players. Son, Dele and to a degree Eriksen in the offensive line. Kane can drift out wide as well but his strengths are obviously as a central striker.

And in defense we have Dier, Ben and Jan who can all work on multiple positions well enough, and Toby sa well to some degree even if he is obviously at his best as a CB. Sissoko can operate in most midfield roles as well as can Dembéle and Winks (Winks when it comes to the defensive roles, remains to be seen if he can convert to a more out and out offensive midfielder).

That's a scary amount of versatility right there
If we can ever get them all fit our only problem will be keeping them all happy. Some big names won't even make the bench

If we can ever get them all fit our only problem will be keeping them all happy. Some big names won't even make the bench
If they were all fit, we would be in a position to challenge for every cup going.

In which case there would be an issue of how we give playing time to the likes of the next few Winks', Nabils, Kanes etc. Loans I guess. In which case, Marco Silva at Watford please and not Steve bloody Bruce or Tony "Club Store" Pulis.

If they were all fit, we would be in a position to challenge for every cup going.

In which case there would be an issue of how we give playing time to the likes of the next few Winks', Nabils, Kanes etc. Loans I guess. In which case, Marco Silva at Watford please and not Steve bloody Bruce or Tony "Club Store" Pulis.
Pochettino’s thing is always not loaning people out though. Squad management is going to become more difficult as the finances increase and we surely pick up a few more star names. KWP being MOM (although unjustly) then not being seen again is a case in point.

Still, in Poch I trust

Players will always age.... Circumstances often change.... Sometimes players just 'fall away'.... I have faith Poch would continue to blood youngsters if he sees something in them.

Dele has the same amount of goals and one more assist than he had this time last season in the league. In all Comps he has more than last season.

I think a lot of people just remember the second half of last season, which he picked up because Poch dropped him for a couple of games. Maybe that’ll do him good again?

Just heard he’s the second most dispossessed player in the premier league.

Jordan Ayew is top, then Dele, then Andros Townsend.

Three risk taking players in the top three so no huge surprise. However it was also pointed out that the other two attempt more dribbles than anyone else, but Dele is t in the top 30 for that. Just not working out for him so far this season.

I’d like to see that stats on that in terms of areas dispossessed.
Watching Dele he’s making a lot of runs off the ball to find space but I would guess he’s mainly losing the ball in the middle areas rather than out wide compared to those two.

He’s being closely marked this season so not a massive surprise.

Back
Top Bottom