Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he wasn't benched but he was certainly dropped from the front 3. To great affect.

Maybe he wasn't do as well further up as Poch had hoped? Don't know games some of you were watching if you think he's performed as well as he did against Liverpool all season.
Didn't say perform well - said ok which I felt like he had. Wasn't his best but in my opinion not enough to be dropped from the starting 11.

Didn't say perform well - said ok which I felt like he had. Wasn't his best but in my opinion not enough to be dropped from the starting 11.

I think people are way too sensitive about a player starting on the bench. Its not 1995.

You only have to look at our last three games to see how much we are rotating and using the squad. Dele sitting part of a game out isnt some kind of punishment. If a player is underperforming I dont have a problem with rotating them.

We didnt, and he has picked it up, so the right decision was made to keep playing him, but personally, Dortmund, Apoel and Madrid is more than enough evidence for me that we can play brilliantly with our without Dele.

I thought that was a good thing.

I thought Poch handled him really well. Dele was obviously gutted about missing the CL games and then England banned him. If Poch had compounded that by benching him he would have had a seriously unhappy young player. Poch’s decision to allow Dele to play himself back into form was the right one - the only one imo.

Just realised he's now scored against Woolwich, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea. Certainly doesn't shy away from the big games.

Bit rich coming from him.
His attitude the whole game against the spammers stunk.

Am hoping that slating by Ashley Young gets a bit of fire in him and makes him realise his career has only just begun with us. The hard work starts all over again for him now and I think he'll pull a blinder and hit a hot patch sooner rather than later because of it.

Get off to adverts, focus on the training pitch and make the best of a very short lived career Del Boy

Think he got too full of himself last season. What with everything that went on in his career. Now this season hes struggling. Happens in youth teams all the time!

He'll be fine though. He's a special player and a speed bump like this can turn you into a proper player. Head down time for him now, he needs to obsess about his football and his Tottenham. If he does that and puts it first like he once did when he was a kid, he'll come back twice the player he was

Back
Top Bottom