Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please be true.

Should've told birdshit breath to lay off the webcam

ashleyyoungandthebirdhzix8.gif

ashley-young-webcam.gif

:deledoubt:

Last edited:
Should've told birdshit breath to lay off the webcam

ashleyyoungandthebirdhzix8.gif

ashley-young-webcam.gif

:deledoubt:
I'd hate Ashley Young more if I remembered he existed at any other point than when he's playing against us.

giphy.gif

Nasty little turd though. And thoroughly unexceptional. Almost threw something at my TV screen when I heard one of the commentators mention "oh, and Ashley Young might have previously been involved in some dubious diving incidents".

Yes! It's 50% of his game for fuck's sake!
:lamelaaghh:

Well aware that Dele has picked it up a lot over the last month, but found this interesting regarding Mbappe.

Striker Kylian Mbappe could be dropped for Paris St-Germain's Champions League group match against Anderlecht.

Mbappe, 18, is on loan at PSG from Monaco and will become the second most expensive player in history when he completes a permanent 180m euros (£160m) move in the summer.

The Frenchman has scored four goals in his first 10 PSG games, but struggled in his last two Ligue 1 matches.

"It is a new experience for him," said PSG coach Unai Emery.

"When you play well, you open all the papers and you listen to all the sports shows and they say that you are the best.

"You need to be able to balance your mentality, your emotions. When you play badly, you have to be ready for the criticism."

A concept lost on some

Well aware that Dele has picked it up a lot over the last month, but found this interesting regarding Mbappe.

Striker Kylian Mbappe could be dropped for Paris St-Germain's Champions League group match against Anderlecht.

Mbappe, 18, is on loan at PSG from Monaco and will become the second most expensive player in history when he completes a permanent 180m euros (£160m) move in the summer.

The Frenchman has scored four goals in his first 10 PSG games, but struggled in his last two Ligue 1 matches.

"When you play well, you open all the papers and you listen to all the sports shows and they say that you are the best.

"You need to be able to balance your mentality, your emotions. When you play badly, you have to be ready for the criticism."

A concept lost on some

I don't think they mean you

A concept lost on some
Only if you believe he's playing badly. I still don't.

I accept some think he is playing badly, no problem with that. But here is something to think about if you think his game is off and being dropped is the answer:
Think back to the beginning of last season, three players were well below par, Kane, Dele and Dier (back from Euros and taking the brunt of some brutal press, Rose & Walker unaffected). I'd argue Dele was a long way off compared to this season. As a reminder here are the first 10 games of last year
1-1 vs Everton (game of two halves);
1-0 Palace 83rd min goal saw us scrape a undeserved victory;
1-1 Liverpool outplayed in every aspect, showed strong character to stay in the game;
0-4 vs Stoke a good performance against a woeful side, Son/Eriksen MOTM Dele played well and scored;
1-0 vs Sunderland poor game but they parked the buss, Dele with assist with a headed knock down for Kane, no one came out with much credibility;
1-2 vs Middlesborough another bus parking side, Son MOTM nothing much to say about it other than a dull 3pts;
2-0 vs Citeh Wounderfull game, still one of our best performances back to front the best side against a very good side, Dele scored and assisted, he and others were excellent.
Then three below par games following the injury to Toby suffered against WBA 1-1;
1-1 vs Bournemouth;
1-1 vs Leicester.
These were our first ten games last season with the exception of Stoke (who were shite) and Man City I'd argue he was far worse last year (he was also carrying a knock to his knee I seem to remember as well). He wasn't dropped then and came to life along with the rest of the team, the 11th game which was another draw 1-1 against the scum but it was a good performance and a game we should have won were it not for them being allowed an offside goal (came off Wimmer's should as player was active in offside position).

All I'm saying is I don't recall a single person last year saying he should be dropped during the first 10 games, in fact the two players that some were suggesting should be were Dier and Kane, who look very poor. I think the expectations from everyone have risen so high on this kids head that we are making comparisons of him when he was flying, something he achieved in a purple patch of 20 games or so last year.

In my mind both he and the entire team are playing much better across our first 10 games this year, without scorching the earth yet, than our first ten last year (this year we have already played 3 rivals to the Title as opposed 2 last year in the same period). I call this perspective.

The attention and subsequent magnifying glass on this young mans head is utterly ridiculous, that let's draw some comparisons. Right now the media still have not stopped going on about him standing tall in the face of Young, such a big deal of it being made, yet compare that to the Troy Deeney gouging incident, it has been covered but it hasn't been obsessed upon, not even back page news. From the same game, Dele took a dive, this too is plastered all over Social Media, big Jorno's tweeting their shame, yet not a single word for Valencia(?) who was actually booked for diving!!! Another which is starting to bug me and was being discussed on the radio yesterday was his "off field antics"!!! And that he should behave more like Harry Kane. Does anyone care to tell me what these off field antics are because all I hear is people saying he shouldn't be going to fashion shows and lay off social media WTF! Compare Kane's social media activity to Dele's and I'll think most people will see the majority of Kane's tweets, certainly more than Dele's are highly commercial driven. Kane tweets from concerts, are we saying concerts are OK and fashion show aren't!! I could go on and list scores of these but a confirmation bias is being built up around Dele and it's completely unfounded. The people phoning up yesterday were all Spurs fans too!

Sorry about that little rant there, that last para is nothing to do with your comments, sorry about that Sammy but as you can tell I'm a tad defensive over Dele.

Dele Alli PL goalscoring record:

15/16, pre-December - 2
15/16, post-December - 8

16/17, pre-December - 3
16/17, post-December - 15

17/18, so far - 3

His current form should be no surprise to anyone.

Dele Alli PL goalscoring record:

15/16, pre-December - 2
15/16, post-December - 8

16/17, pre-December - 3
16/17, post-December - 15

17/18, so far - 3

His current form should be no surprise to anyone.

Thats the key though.

His current form. Not sure what people were watching the first 5 or 6 games. This is the Dele Ive been longing for and I find it a bit rich that people saying he was never poor now being impressed by his improvement.

For the Nth week in a row, in his evening standard column Fat Lampard banging on about Dele needing to grow up....

You'd have though he'd been sent off multiple times already this season.

Rich as fuck considering he played for one of the most trolling, cuntiest teams of all time.

Last edited:
Just to emphasise my mini rant earlier: Adrian Durham thinks Tottenham Hotspur should discipline Dele for that!!! On Monday he praised Joe Allen for standing toe to toe with Deeney. Couldn't make it up. Convince me there isn't an agenda here.
1200.jpg

Discipline him?!

But not the 32 year old twat who couldnt rise above the kid winding him up

Back
Top Bottom