Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolute disgrace of an article, we're one month into the season. We all know your bias against Dele, Sammy
There is no bias. Why are you so sensitive? When people were whipping themselves into a frenzy over the likes of Isco and Barkley etc, would they be soooooooo against dropping Dele if we had signed them and had them on the bench?

I highly doubt it. All this Dele can't be dropped crap....LOL, he was benched last season. Poch must hate him

:pochfacepalm:

What you need to do is take a step back from the hysterics and ask yourself why anyone would "have an agenda" against Dele? What would I gain from it? Why wouldn't I like him?

It's pure nonsense

Last edited:
I think Dele plays in the league, particularly as he’s still out for another CL game & if we pick up an injury, we suddenly look vulnerable there...he’s not hit the heights of the last two years yet, but he will play himself into form...he is that good imo.
Hopefully by the time he is available for selection in the CL he will be trailblazing again.
It must be difficult for him not being available for these big European games & perhaps that’s playing on his mind a little. It’s his own silly fault he isn’t, but I think the real Dele Alli will soon stand up. Let’s not forget, he is still only very young & has a lot of expectation resting on his shoulders already.

I think Dele plays in the league, particularly as he’s still out for another CL game & if we pick up an injury, we suddenly look vulnerable there...he’s not hit the heights of the last two years yet, but he will play himself into form...he is that good imo.
Hopefully by the time he is available for selection in the CL he will be trailblazing again.
It must be difficult for him not being available for these big European games & perhaps that’s playing on his mind a little. It’s his own silly fault he isn’t, but I think the real Dele Alli will soon stand up. Let’s not forget, he is still only very young & has a lot of expectation resting on his shoulders already.
The voice of reason...... did I really say that???:dierpochhug: lol x

There is no bias. Why are you so sensitive? When people were whipping themselves into a frenzy over the likes of Isco and Barkley etc, would they be soooooooo against dropping Dele if we had signed them and had them on the bench?

I highly doubt it. All this Dele can't be dropped crap....LOL, he was benched last season. Poch must hate him

:pochfacepalm:

What you need to do is take a step back from the hysterics and ask yourself why anyone would "have an agenda" against Dele? What would I gain from it? Why wouldn't I like him?

It's pure nonsense
Kane had a very poor start to his second season, but Poch didn't bench him either. He had him play through that poor run of form and the same is happening with Dele right now. You very obviously have a bias against Dele, considering you posted that absolute abomination of an article. Shows how desperate you are, you'll cling on to any pile of shit that fits your narrative

Kane had a very poor start to his second season, but Poch didn't bench him either. He had him play through that poor run of form and the same is happening with Dele right now. You very obviously have a bias against Dele, considering you posted that absolute abomination of an article. Shows how desperate you are, you'll cling on to any pile of shit that fits your narrative

His second season? Last season?

Kane wasn't poor, he just wasn't scoring, get your facts straight. Plus he missed seven weeks at the start and Janssen hardly gave Poch a reason to bench Harry when he got fit.

Your comparison is what's an abomination.

There is a whole myriad of reasons why benching Kane is not even remotely comparable to benching Dele. Kane doesn't have players who come in and do an equally good job.
Dele has players who can come in and do better than he is now.

Again, you have gleaned over the fact that Poch DID bench Dele last season. Did he have an agenda too?

You have a clueless view on the situation.
Only a fool sees rotation as some kind of fucking punishment.

Get a grip you big sissy

His second season? Last season?

Kane wasn't poor, he just wasn't scoring, get your facts straight. Plus he missed seven weeks at the start and Janssen hardly gave Poch a reason to bench Harry when he got fit.

Your comparison is what's an abomination.

There is a whole myriad of reasons why benching Kane is not even remotely comparable to benching Dele. Kane doesn't have players who come in and do an equally good job.
Dele has players who can come in and do better than he is now.

Again, you have gleaned over the fact that Poch DID bench Dele last season. Did he have an agenda too?

You have a clueless view on the situation.
Only a fool sees rotation as some kind of fucking punishment.

Get a grip you big sissy
This is his fourth season you bumbling idiot

This is his fourth season you bumbling idiot

So when you said....

Kane had a very poor start to his second season, but Poch didn't bench him either. He had him play through that poor run of form and the same is happening with Dele right now.

.....you meant the 2015/16 season?

Again, what were the alternatives? Son (in his first season) and Njie?? And I think you'll find Harry was actually subbed off with half an hour left in our second game of the season

So when you said....

.....you meant the 2015/16 season?

Again, what were the alternatives? Son (in his first season) and Njie?? And I think you'll find Harry was actually subbed off with half an hour left in our second game of the season
But he wasn't benched when everybody was calling for it

Think Sammy and Bolton both make good points. Not starting a player who is by their own standards "Out of sorts," is not the same as "benching," or "dropping," them. Also suggesting Sonny gets a few more starts when he looks sharp is perfectly reasonable.

I do think the gaffer has a preference to give players a chance to find match sharpness / form and then mamage fitness over the course of the season, when confident of their ability. It is great that we can still argue about selection given the injuries and perceived lack of depth.

Cantona did far worse, so did Roy Keane.
FIFA don’t allow these things it ruins the games image, much, much more than continued corruption and bribery ever have done it would seem.
The hypocrisy of FIFA is a joke.

As for UEFA what’s up with them?
I can’t remember them saying anything about the political banners at the APOEL match. Not confiscated by stewards- which your told will happen- clearly visible by the TV viewers for the duration of the game
Have they done anyhting. Can anyone tell me if APOEL have been punished?
I would agree with them, but then again the punishment must be consistent whatever the political message.
I don’t think UEFA have.

Bring back O'Hara
Have you seen this cunt?
Seen the promos for celebrity showmance
Funny how these shows that start with ‘celebrity’ have all washed up fleeting ones wanting celebrity back.
O’Hara, that wanker Abz and Geordie bore Kyle Christie .
3 blokes that spend more time in the mirror than the fake women.
O’Hara, how many reality shows now for the billericay town football star?
Wanker.

Your just a shit David beckham.

A gooner saying Dele won't make it

Stewart Robson says Dele Alli will not be world class

If anyone knows of a way to get this to Dele/ the club, do so!
Gionee scum, Robson not you!

Build em up to knock em down, it's the British way. Harry will be next, mark my words.

Also, Dele has made incredible progress in such a short space of time that people forget he's only 21. Get off his back. He started last season slowly as well. He'll be back to his best soon.

Build em up to knock em down, it's the British way. Harry will be next, mark my words.

Also, Dele has made incredible progress in such a short space of time that people forget he's only 21. Get off his back. He started last season slowly as well. He'll be back to his best soon.

Gooner scum of course!

Who is this Stewart Robson cunt, did he ever play?

Good grief, it's bad enough that everybody else seems to hate him, we dont need his own supporters jumping on that band wagon, thank you very much! He does have his faults like everyone else, but negativity from us is not going to help matters.

This!

All you fair weather fans turning on Alli are disgraceful sacks of shit. And that’s a fact, not opinion. He’s young - form dips. He’s not hit the heights of last season yet but he’s not been awful either.

Get off his case or find another club you bunch of fucks. And yes, I will fight you.

I don’t currently disagree with the sentiment, but when Southgate is calling Dele out like that, it must be gutting coming from such a shite coach. No wonder Southgate is so shite if he can only watch one player at a time during scouting runs.

Back
Top Bottom