Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which is fair enough, but as in your post, like in many others, there always seem to be a reason for Dele being poor that revolves around others.....oh Swansea defended too well or the full backs are in his space, or he's getting used to Wembley or the team has to perform well and that's all that matters.

It's always an excuse other than he needs to grow up a bit and be extremely careful not to turn into one of those players with early potential that ends up getting found out, and doesn't have the right mentality to evolve his game and improve.

Too much sitting on the floor and losing possession and not enough fight and desire.

But hey, why should he bother when his place in the start 11 is sacred...
Which is fair enough, but as in your post, like in many others, there always seem to be a reason for Dele being poor that revolves around others.....oh Swansea defended too well or the full backs are in his space, or he's getting used to Wembley or the team has to perform well and that's all that matters.

It's always an excuse other than he needs to grow up a bit and be extremely careful not to turn into one of those players with early potential that ends up getting found out, and doesn't have the right mentality to evolve his game and improve.

Too much sitting on the floor and losing possession and not enough fight and desire.

But hey, why should he bother when his place in the start 11 is sacred...
several players haven't performed great or have been inconsistent... i'd give this leeway to all them for the reasons mentioned.

Who do you think should start in place of Dele?
Dele is a little over rated while Son under rated. Son has very good goals/assists stats as well and offers greater counter attack threat against tougher oppositions. Not saying Dele is no good, but probably not undroppable. It is not about jumping on wagon not to support a player after a few bad games, it is about showing the guy that has quality and waited patiently on the bench some respect as well.

See, nobody is saying he’s perfect. One person on this forum is going on and on and on about it. You think he’s not playing well? Ok. Enjoy your obvious agenda.

My agenda is Spurs.

I've always found it hilarious when people go on about agenda's and "why cant you support the players" etc etc

And in the midst of their precious little hissy fit, they overlook the fact that by suggesting Dele sit on the bench for a bit, Im actually showing support for another one of our players.

Ive acknowledged he was better against West Ham and Huddersfield, and you can go and check my comments in the match thread on him and then tell me if I have an agenda.

Some people can call a spade a spade.....its the Dele thread, and the discussion is about his form and behaviour.

If thats too much for you, thats not my problem, but you can keep your nonsense accusations to yourself.

My agenda is Spurs.

I've always found it hilarious when people go on about agenda's and "why cant you support the players" etc etc

And in the midst of their precious little hissy fit, they overlook the fact that by suggesting Dele sit on the bench for a bit, Im actually showing support for another one of our players.

Ive acknowledged he was better against West Ham and Huddersfield, and you can go and check my comments in the match thread on him and then tell me if I have an agenda.

Some people can call a spade a spade.....its the Dele thread, and the discussion is about his form and behaviour.

If thats too much for you, thats not my problem, but you can keep your nonsense accusations to yourself.
Ok. I disagree that continually questioning the inclusion of one of our key players in the first team through a dip in form is supportive. You think it is. Fair enough.

Ok. I disagree that continually questioning the inclusion of one of our key players in the first team through a dip in form is supportive. You think it is. Fair enough.

My agenda is Spurs......benching an out of form Dele is supportive to an in form Son.

If you cant see that, then maybe you have the agenda. Its a team, not Dele FC

My agenda is Spurs......benching an out of form Dele is supportive to an in form Son.

If you cant see that, then maybe you have the agenda. Its a team, not Dele FC
So are you unhappy with our performances? Do you think we should be higher up the league? Scored more goals? Conceded less?

If you are happy. With what I believe has been a solid start, Dele has had his part to play, so great.

If you aren’t, is it only his fault we’ve not got more points? Has everyone else performed flawlessly? I assume you’ve been as vocal on other players you feel are under performing.

So are you unhappy with our performances? Do you think we should be higher up the league? Scored more goals? Conceded less?

If you are happy. With what I believe has been a solid start, Dele has had his part to play, so great.

If you aren’t, is it only his fault we’ve not got more points? Has everyone else performed flawlessly? I assume you’ve been as vocal on other players you feel are under performing.

Im happy with the rest of the players efforts.

I slated Kane and Eriksen during the Burnley match. I defended Trippier on the basis that Kane had missed 5 sitters long before Trippier lost his man for their goal. We should have been 4-0 up.

Both Kane and Eriksen have stepped up ten fold.

I thought Dembele was a fucking disaster against Dortmund and wanted him off. Ive laid into Lloris for his ball control.

Of course I criticise people not performing. Dont you? What do you do? Celebrate every shit pass or wasted chance?
Im happy with how the team is sitting and I dont expect to be higher or have more goals, despite throwing points against Burnley.

However, that doesnt mean I have to be pleased with Dele this season..yes he's played a part, but he is playing consistently average at best.

We are doing well despite his form, not because of it.

Ok well no one is discussing how good he's been are they? Wonder why that is....

If people have a counter argument then fire away..oh dont tell me, he's scored the same amount as Ben Davies so I should lay off

Last time we spoke about this, the weekend after Dortmund, I made the point that in terms of goals and assists his form is consistent with the past two seasons. That has continued, with a key assist since then and shots on target. Your argument is that this form is not good enough and that his goals, assists and overall play can easily be replaced, and improved on, with what Son has to offer. Your case that Son is in better form didn't stack up before and doesn't stack up now. Why? because it is entirely speculative. You are basing it off of one performance against Dortmund. He played 90 minutes last week and did not create or score goals. You do not see how he performs in training either. So you cannot possibly with any credibility declare he is in better form than Dele even if Dele is not in top form. Poch is the only one who can truly judge that. For that reason your argument was bollocks two weeks ago and remains bollocks now.

Im happy with the rest of the players efforts.

I slated Kane and Eriksen during the Burnley match. I defended Trippier on the basis that Kane had missed 5 sitters long before Trippier lost his man for their goal. We should have been 4-0 up.

Both Kane and Eriksen have stepped up ten fold.

I thought Dembele was a fucking disaster against Dortmund and wanted him off. Ive laid into Lloris for his ball control.

Of course I criticise people not performing. Dont you? What do you do? Celebrate every shit pass or wasted chance?
Im happy with how the team is sitting and I dont expect to be higher or have more goals, despite throwing points against Burnley.

However, that doesnt mean I have to be pleased with Dele this season..yes he's played a part, but he is playing consistently average at best.

We are doing well in spite of his form, not because of it.
Ok.

Last time we spoke about this, the weekend after Dortmund, I made the point that in terms of goals and assists his form is consistent with the past two seasons. That has continued, with a key assist since then and shots on target. Your argument is that this form is not good enough and that his goals, assists and overall play can easily be replaced, and improved on, with what Son has to offer. Your case that Son is in better form didn't stack up before and doesn't stack up now. Why? because it is entirely speculative. You are basing it off of one performance against Dortmund. He played 90 minutes last week and did not create or score goals. You do not see how he performs in training either. So you cannot possibly with any credibility declare he is in better form than Dele even if Dele is not in top form. Poch is the only one who can truly judge that. For that reason your argument was bollocks two weeks ago and remains bollocks now.

If this is the Dele you want to see every week then go ahead and enjoy his form, safe in the knowledge that he certainly wont be attracting the likes of Real Madrid.

Personally, I look forward to him coming back to the standard and quality I saw the last two years.

If this is the Dele you want to see every week then go ahead and enjoy his form, safe in the knowledge that he certainly wont be attracting the likes of Real Madrid.

Personally, I look forward to him coming back to the standard and quality I saw the last two years.
Typical sammy straw man nonsense. As if I or anyone else doesn't want players to be in the best form possible. :rolleyes: Don't you ever get bored of this child's game?

Not being in the very best form possible doesn't mean a player is in form so bad he warrants being benched. Your tiresome straw man tactics don't change that. When Dele stops scoring and creating goals at the rate he has for the past two seasons, which so far hasn't come to pass, then your argument may have merit. Until then your position that Son will replace those goals and assists is entirely speculative. That isn't going to change no matter how many pages you carry on arguing for, no matter how many lies you tell about the other person's position and no matter how much sarcasm you use.

Now, you'll forgive me if I duck out. I see no purpose in rehashing over and over and over all the points I made two weeks ago or listening to your lies that people somehow accept mediocrity or think Dele is beyond criticism.

Typical sammy straw man nonsense. As if I or anyone else doesn't want players to be in the best form possible. :rolleyes: Don't you ever get bored of this child's game?

Not being in the very best form possible doesn't mean a player is in form so bad he warrants being benched. Your tiresome straw man tactics don't change that. When Dele stops scoring and creating goals at the rate he has for the past two seasons, which so far hasn't come to pass, then your argument may have merit. Until then your position that Son will replace those goals and assists is entirely speculative. That isn't going to change no matter how many pages you carry on arguing for, no matter how many lies you tell about the other person's position and no matter how much sarcasm you use.

Now, you'll forgive me if I duck out. I see no purpose in rehashing over and over and over all the points I made two weeks ago or listening to your lies that people somehow accept mediocrity or think Dele is beyond criticism.

So you think he's not in form then.

Good, we agree

So you think he's not in form then.

Good, we agree
Did I say that?

Can't help it can you. Dear oh dear. :pochfacepalm:

I feel sorry for your girlfriend if you're anything like this with her. I can imagine the weekly shop. *So do you want beans?" "no, I don't fancy beans" "why don't you like beans?" "I never said I didn't like beans" "good, so you agree we should buy beans then. I win". :wall:

Did I say that?

I feel sorry for your girlfriend if you're anything like this with her. I can imagine the weekly shop. *So do you want beans?" "no, I don't fancy beans" "why don't you like beans?" "I never said I didn't like beans" "good, so you agree we should buy beans then. I win". :wall:
Did I say that?

You change from Dele being in form to Dele not being in form every other post.

Oh and I can't help it?

Well I'm not the one halfway in the bin. Again.

Back
Top Bottom