Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe you should ask the players Poch fucked off out of the club if he was their friend. What about Bentaleb, some on here feel he was treated to harshly by Poch. Seems we have a manager that doesn't wash his laundry in public and refuses to castigate the players in the media. Personally i prefer it that way, we have no idea what's been said privately between the player and the manager. Dele is young and immature, he plays on the edge, hopefully he will mature and calm down a bit but i get the feeling the red mist will never be truly far away so it's a balancing act. Rooney was similar at that age, he calmed down but that edge is still there. I respect your opinion but i get the feeling that you and a few others are swimming against the tide.
Agreed. I'll take a brilliant player with anger in his veins long before some ambivalent cunt like pleb pleb

Last edited:
Redknapp, Jenas, and Hoddle all agree it was a terrible challenge - a "lost it in the head" moment.

Poch is saying it isn't his fault. Sorry it is his fault. We went through the same nonsense with Gazza.

My penalty? Ban him for six games and set him up with a therapist. The boy is not right in the head.

And no more playing with his best mate Eric until he has learnt his lesson.

That challenge was fucking disgusting, it was the worst challenge Ive seen by a Spurs player since 91.

Throw the book at him, make him grow up, don't make excuses just because he is young and a spurs player. He is turning into a petulant shit and Pochs reaction is desperate....

The wheels are falling off again.

Jesus Christ....

I love his temperament, his temperament lifts us as a team. This temperament has been missing from our side for decades. It is exactly the temperament that is the ingredient to every championship winning side I have ever seen. Name a Championship winning team that hasn't had one player with it?

Let other teams fans, commentators and the press bitch and moan about him. Just as we did about Vierra, Keane, Ince, Robson whinging away whilst they lifted the trophy.

What were your views on Mackay, Roberts? Did you want them to be checked over by a shrink?
Mackay was never a dirty player

He did put in some fucking heart stopping tackles that would guarantee a red these days.
One bad tackle don't make Alli a dirty player.
He lost his shit in a moment of madness. He got the red card he deserved. He should learn from that. And I think he will. He's got too much talent to let rash moments spoil him. I think...

But there is something wrong with his temperament (anger issues) and normally if you act up at work, they either sack you or get you some therapy.
Depends what line of work you're in mate. The city has celebrated aggression since records began.

As for Dele, it does need some control but you don't want to take it out of his game. Look at the way Zizou finished his international career!... never fully left him and it was a part of him, that aggression.

He'll have a couple more of these yet, you wait, but it'll be brought under control.

This thread
:dembelelol:

You'd think he headbutted someone, did a 'Man City Joey Barton' or strangled a player based on some of the replies in here.

Gives your heads a wobble, you melts. Walker did the exact same thing in the 2nd half, except he won the ball (still got a yellow). You think Dele should be banned for being shite at tackling, that's what it boils down to.

Media kicking off with the anti-spurs agenda and some of you are following it like you have wooly coats and cloven hooves.

This thread
:dembelelol:

You'd think he headbutted someone, did a 'Man City Joey Barton' or strangled a player based on some of the replies in here.

Gives your heads a wobble, you melts. Walker did the exact same thing in the 2nd half, except he won the ball (still got a yellow). You think Dele should be banned for being shite at tackling, that's what it boils down to.

Media kicking off with the anti-spurs agenda and some of you are following it like you have wooly coats and cloven hooves.
Got to disagree. That wasn't an attempted tackle. That was a rush of blood and a silly reaction.

That said, I'm over it now and don't want him dropped anymore.

It was a bad tackle and it could have caused harm so I have no issue with 3 game ban for European games next season. Dele will need to use it as a learning experience and hopefully by letting his teammates down he will understand the importance of some control.

I actually thought the reaction to Dembele's face scratch on Costa last season was a far bigger overreaction than Dele's calling it an eye gouge as if he was trying to pull or rip his eye out. Dele could have caused a bad injury but it's done now.

I didn't say he was. The views of players who had to play against him were that they were shit scared of him, this reputation justified. He was a totally committed footballer. It's different era's but he probably wouldn't last 5 mins of a game today. Especially back then when it was known his tackling was border-line red card.

I think Alli is a committed footballer. He will go for a tackle when others wouldn't, I fucking love that.

Last edited:
Fucking hell............Zidane head butted a player in World Cup Final, at the very end of his career.....not when he was young and had time to learn

The overeaction in here is a fucking joke.

And don't listen to the Press.......they've been trying to sell the kid to Real Madrid all season, and yet this isolated incident supposedly means that he's now a terrible individual...............well so be it. I guess you can all just leave him and Spurs alone and stop making up transfer stories about him if he's such a cunt

I agree with everyone liking his heart on here, but I'm still embarrassed by Thursday. That kind of shit we would absolutely crucify if it was Costa or whoever. I don't want it here. Partly because we simply don't need it. There's a BIG difference between aggression and being a dirty player.

The lad is lucky he doesn't have a broken leg on his conscience.

Dirty tackle or committed? Get them right and you are brilliant, get them wrong and your a cunt. A split second is what separates the two.

This lad is a fucking sensation, he's committed and is at the epicentre of our beautiful controled (and yeah it is controlled, our 1st Red in two years) aggression which gets me out of my seat most weeks. He will get pinged because of it, deal with it.

I didn't say he was. The views of players who had to play against him were that they were shit scared of him, this reputation justified. He was a totally committed footballer. It's different era's but he probably wouldn't last 5 mins of a game today. Especially back then when it was known his tackling was border-line red card.

I think Alli is a committed footballer. He will go for a tackle when others wouldn't, I fucking love that.
I think this is a bit revisionist. He was hard but very skilful. I doubt he would have had any issues adapting to the modern game. His ball control and vision was on par with his uncompromising tackling.

Dirty tackle or committed? Get them right and you are brilliant, get them wrong and your a cunt. A split second is what separates the two.

This lad is a fucking sensation, he's committed and is at the epicentre of our beautiful controled (and yeah it is controlled, our 1st Red in two years) aggression which gets me out of my seat most weeks. He will get pinged because of it, deal with it.

Agree with everything, just I don't think he was trying to make a tackle. He was lashing out.

I think this is a bit revisionist. He was hard but very skilful. I doubt he would have had any issues adapting to the modern game. His ball control and vision was on par with his uncompromising tackling.
No doubting his quality, arguably our greatest ever footballer and one of the greatest to have played the game on these shores. One of, if not his greatest attributes was his commitment. He was a winner and highly competitive. He would want to win everything be that on the training field or away from football. His desire to do anything to win at all costs is arguably the reason for our success when he played for us.

The point being made in all this is about committed players, players that have "it". All of them play on the edge, all of them have an edge, all of them elevate the team they are in not just by their ability and skill as a player but their attitude around the entire camp. When they walk into training, travel to games, stop out onto the pitch it's all positive. Meanwhile the opposite effect is going on with the oppo, knowing who they are about to face.

One of the things that really pisses me off about football is one mistimed tackle = a red card and multiple match ban

But ten calculated sneaky professional fouls = no booking, if the you have a ref like Thursday

Agree with everything, just I don't think he was trying to make a tackle. He was lashing out.
He his closer to the ball on Thursday than against France. He was trying to win the ball, his first touch was poor, ball got away, his instinct is to go to win it back, he's off balance a touch (leaning back), he's missed the ball probably because of this and gone over the top of the ball into the other fella, who was not as fast as Alli into the tackle in the first place. Factions of seconds is the difference. Red card, correct decision. Move on.

One of the things that really pisses me off about football is one mistimed tackle = a red card and multiple match ban

But ten calculated sneaky professional fouls = no booking, if the you have a ref like Thursday

My thoughts on Thursday were exactly this - not excusing his actual lash out, but had their players been blown up and even carded earlier for the dark arts shit they were doing, he wouldn't have gotten as frustrated as quickly

Then again, from the amount of throw ins the ref gave to Gent (which even we could see in the stand went off their legs), he only had one set of decisions in mind all day....

However, he will learn, and he will grow, and how to hone his aggression and walk that line even more - he's still a kid (as most of them are) - and they are all miles from the finished product

Which makes me salivate at the thought, if they stick together, of 2 - 3 years time...

Back
Top Bottom